Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

I'll be very disappointed if the Yanks don't take both of these. They need these games in the standings.

Likewise, I'd be disappointed if the Sox don't take both as they should have the pitching advantage in each. Depends on which Lester and which Beckett show up. Should be interesting because it will be the Sox first time at the new stadium and they'll be coming off of a terrible series against the Rays.

I would like to watch the Hughes/Lester match-up but playoff hockey takes precedent.

Tyler, you plan on sticking around for this one or only if the Yankees win? You were awfully quiet in the last series. :)

Obviously?

Revenge is hardly a huge factor in baseball

Revenge is right up there with batting average and earned run average as far as factors to winning are concerned.

Mark Teixiera: TRAINWRECK 2009

What a bum. Dude cant handle NY.

I'm glad the Sox held on to Lowell after all.

Phil Hughes should take notes on how a real young pitcher looks.

Lester does look on, which is promising.

Are you guys seriously blaming this game on Hughes? Blame this game for the people who even got it started over TWO HOURS after it was supposed to.

You'd rather them play a DHer tomorrow?

Why does this team suck?????

When is the last time the Yankees were really a "team" and not a bunch of individuals?

Explain to me how the Sox are team and the Yankees are "bunch of individuals". I'd love to hear it...

I'm not going to explain it to you if you can't see it.

Example 1:

A-Rod is being roasted and toasted in the media and only Girardi has said anything.

Papi is being called out for having a horrible season hitting the ball, but you can read many of teammates sticking up for him.

You're going to need another reason because you're wrong. I've already read Nick Swisher stick up for him, and that's only on the top of my head.

EDIT: Teixeira as well.

Teixeira cannot wait for A-Rod to get back and take the limelight off of him and his below the mendoza batting average.

I stick by my statement, whether you want to believe it or not. Although I am encouraged you're around posting this evening as you were quite absent during the last series.

-You're going to stick by your statement even though I proved you wrong?

-Sorry that I had things to do over a beautiful weekend. Loser.

-You didn't prove to me that the Yankees are a team.

-I'm sure you did. So did I. I, however, am not ashamed of my team win or lose and can take my lumps.

Another Yankee Stadium homerun... in the new stadium. Some things will never change.

Damons ball would of been out at the old stadium.. not sure why anyone's complaining. Fenway has the Mickey Mouse wall in LF that's 200 feet away, and that p*ssy pole, we have our short porch.

Who is complaining? Relax, Francis.

And that monster in Fenway doesn't produce HR's? Ballpark is a ballpark, ours happens to be a bandbox now. Hopefully it'll change when the knock down the old place and if not then I'm sure changes will be made.

The Monster steals as many homeruns as it "produces."

CC... please.

We're all fans but let's be objective when we call it. It was put there cause it's like 200 feet away from home plate.... that's why it "robs" homeruns, my one year old could bang it off the monster. A more appropriate statement would have been "Well we have a ridiculously deep center field so it balances things."

Green Monster is about the same distance as the right field wall in Yankee Stadium. Just sayin'.

Right and you're complaining about that Damon HR right?

And... if he had hit that exact HR but say as a righty in Fenway... would it have gone over the monster?

A ballpark is a ballpark, that's what makes baseball great and unique. It's called homefield for a reason, if we have a "stream carrying to right field"... well, you got some lefties in your line up, have them use it. JUST SAYIN.

I wasn't complaining. I just made an observation about the new stadium. I know lazy fly balls to right field in Yankee Stadium will probably be home runs. And if they aren't they'll have some kid out there to catch it and make it so. :)

You guys going to resign him or what...

They ought to. They've never been huge on re-doing deals during the season, but he should be the priority. No one coming on the market that I know of that is significantly better.

Haven't watched the Yanks much besides the Sox games, but man does Jeter look like he's wearing down.

Let's hope Joba can hold them at four and eat up innings.

If there is something Joba is good at, it's eating.

Ellsbury out with a tweaked hamstring.

No Ellsbury and no Youks is not a good thing.

Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada, Andy Posada -- yes money is the ONLY reason the Yankees are competitive. Terrible post.

Pettitte and Jorge got married? Sweet.

Here we go. I wonder who Beckett is going to hit next inning?

Who is due up?

Haha. Michael K is such a joke. An outstanding 5 innings from Joba? 4 runs in 5 innings is far form outstanding especially when you have an already taxed bullpen.

He had a bad inning. It happens. He has been dominant tonight. Anyone with 10 Ks in 5 innings usually is.

He has been dominant since the first inning. Not tonight. He had a bad outing by most considerations. And he's probably done after 5.

One bad inning doesn't make it a bad outing in my opinion. He rebounded back nicely--and dominantly--to keep his team in the game.

If the score stays 4-3 and the Yanks lose, it won't matter. Can he build on it in future starts? Sure, but overall it has to be a disappointing night.

Oh and no one will get hit because Josh Beckett doesn't throw at people.

Nice counter.

But then he does throw at people.

He says he doesn't. The Abreu thing wasn't even close and was completely blown out of the water. Pedro threw at people, not Beckett.

You know you're horrible when you can't even score one run off a piece of crap like Okajima.

I know you're mad about how badly the Yankees have been playing, but don't make statements you know are blatantly wrong.

Dude, why don't you go root for sports teams you have no business to root for. Oh wait, you already do.

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

If you don't like hearing me say that, then stay out of my posts, bandwagoner.

I could care less what you call me. It doesn't have any effect on me. You go on with your bad self.

If you could care less, then why do you keep reading, and responding to my posts? It seems you care just enough to keep coming back.

You said Okajima was terrible. I tried to have a baseball conversation. You spewed a personal attack. I thought this was the baseball board. My bad.

So saying you root for teams that you have no business rooting for is a personal attack.........

WOW...

You called me a bandwagoner. I am a Jets fan. Surely you see the two do not go together. We've had this discussion before where I've more than successfully defended my stance, and this is still all you can come up with.

And you have still yet to admit how wrong you are on Okajima.

I'll be waiting. :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company