Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

Embarrassing...

I understand why they have a no re-entry policy, but on a night when the stadium is only going to be half full anyway just let the f#ckers in. Who cares if half the Bronx sneaks in.

And the fans learned a lesson. The people working there are retarded and have no clue on whats going on. The workers are just as dumb as the ticket holders.

You NEVER leave until there is an official announcement made over the P.A. NEVER. If its that important to you and you've already waited 2 hours, why cant you sit there until an official announcement? People working security or in a concession stand have no idea what decisions are being made by the baseball people.

I thought that was the problem. The Stadium Staff were saying it was canceled.

The stadium staff doesnt make the official announcement. If you dont hear it on the PA, it isnt true.

As I said, the people working there are dummies. They have no clue on what decisions the baseball people are making. Shame on them for opening their mouths. Shame on the fans for thinking the employees have a clue.

I was at the game on Friday night. After the game ended I walked down to the lower level to meet my other friends who were at the game to try and take some pictures. Kepp in mind the game was over...

So I walk down...see my friends getting a few pics in, asd I try and meet them two security guards jump in front of my and ask for my ticket stub. Like I said, the game had ended already. I politely told the guy that those were my friends and I just wanted to take a picture with them, which was apparently obviously asking WAYYY TOO MUCH. They threatned me saying they were going to call their supervisor if I didnt cooperate and leave and ban me from the Stadium. Just absolutely unreal. I seriously looked at the two guys and said "you gotta be freaking kidding me."

The elite didnt want your kind mixing with them. If you were a rich dooshie like Keith Olberman would you want poor fans from the upper deck coming down to your seating level? Heck no! They might rub shoulders with you and get middle class stench on them.

You had no right to be there. The security did their job.

Who knows, permanent ban...kick me out that night(which really makes no difference, considering the game was over). Just the fact I wasnt allowed to walk down a few rows to meet my friends irked me like no ones business.

I guess the Old Stadium eventually became like that too. The Yankees have to be the most non fan friendly organization in sports.

They dont need to be. People have got to start accepting the fact that the normal Joe 6-pack doesnt matter to them anymore.

Expensive seats and advertising is what matters. And if you say f#ck it I aint going- they still get you with the YES network where they make money off all cable subscribers, even non yankee fans.

Yankees know they have you for life as a fan. They dont need to do sh!t for you.

I'll just go back to JI, I'm sure that will make some of you guys very happy.

When someone says something I think is wrong, or disagree with, I put them to task.. I see nothing wrong with that.

Peace.

:rl:

You belong back at JI if you think you need to put people to task since they disagree with you. Talking sports is having a discussion, listening to what someone else says, and expressing your opinion. You for some reason cant do this. You cant stop until you yell louder than everyone else.

If you just stuck to discussing baseball you would be fine. But you cant. Your blatant homerism totally destroys any good input you have about baseball.

Too bad. I thought you were a good addition here for a while. Now... I see you for what you really are.

• Upvote 2

Luckily the Yankees play in Coors East so this should be a ballgame by the 5th inning...

:D

I thought I heard no on the FAN today.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090505&content_id=4576000&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

NEW YORK -- As a result of his high-wire, 32-pitch save on Monday, Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon was reduced to spectator status for Tuesday night's contest at Yankee Stadium.

Though Papelbon is 7-for-7 in save opportunities this season, he has had quite a few laborious outings along the way.

Slowly but surely, Papelbon -- who has worked a lot on mechanics the past few weeks -- feels that things are clicking back in for him.

Im siding with the journalist who has went through the same type of experience.

Fan police...watch out.

That article is a piece of crap. She's upset because she wants access to a part of the ballpark she isnt supposed to be in and the Yankees dont want their employees talking to the media because they dont want them talking for the team.

Sounds like the rest of society today. Bitch and whine and moan because your ass isnt the one being kissed.

Get used to it.

The issue I have with the article, if true, is denying access to the guard rails to kids seeking autographs. What type of crap is that? Shutdown 30 or 60 minutes before game time, but that is part of going to the game experience.

Yankees are such are $hitty run franchise.

They dont want us poor people treading into their sections and farting on their premium padded seats.

If you were a rich corporate dooshie you wouldnt want it either.

wtf are you talking about?

Overall, the reception to the new stadium, the employees has been poor. Where I said needed my ass kissed IDK.

People bitch and whine when they dont get something they feel they deserve even if they have no rights to it. Just watch the news. Read the papers. Entitlement is what is expected in today's society...

My post was in reference to the article written, not your experience. She comes off as a whiny *unt who wants something she has no right to.

Damon and Matsui should both be gone after this season. Signing Posada for that 4th year was a major mistake, not-with-standing his major positive influence in the clubhouse. Hopefully, the extra year to Mo will not come back to haunt us.

I hope they do not break the bank for Matt Holliday after this season. Get me a couple of young talented players, with exceptional athleticism. That's what they need.

Trade Hip-Hip Jorge to the Mets. We're going to need an overpaid, over-the-hill, mediocre catcher after this year.

How about: Posada, A-Rod for Putz and Wright...

:D

Emotion is fine when winning.

But your emotion might piss off and motivate the opposition.

Raw emotion is just that brother... raw, uncontrolled, reactive, etc.

You can't think "wait I'm losing!, can't do that!"

You let out that emotion, if you can control, if it helps you then feed on it. I was always an emotional player. That's the way we are as fans bro, say you guys were losing that game with Beckett. Flip flop the roles, and say Becks strikes out the last guy he faces, he lets out a primal scream and is FIRED UP.

Then the Sox come up, knock in 2-3 runs, take the lead and win the game... Dont' you think people would say "OH MAN, THE RAW EMOTION OF BECKETT IGNITED THIS TEAM!!"

That's the thing with emotion, people look at it in a subjective/logical manner. It's not logical. A fist pump, a primal scream, something that is a literal outburst at anytime is fine by me. A celebration of jumping up and down, showboating and showing people up, trash talking is a different story.

I just dont believe that Joba or K-Rod are raw emotion.

Wrong.

http://www.boston.com/jobs/press/2006/012506.shtml

Boston has s shameful racial history. There is no arguments there.

Considering some of the borderline tongue and cheek that are not really tongue and cheek typed on this board, NYers are one to talk.

well you got to remember most people consider anyone from Massachusetts to be from Boston.. and most people Guido deals with on a message board arent from the city of Boston.

Actually, Bostonians, although they appear to share many of the same traits and clearly share common ancestors as others from Mass, seem to have evolved an extra protective layer of anger, agressiveness, and self-defense. I'm developing a theory that delves into the many factors that have contributed to the behavior.

What baffles me about the culture though still is how the language up there formed. It appears to be some kind of degraded form of English in which they have removed the letter "R".

And how many people you speak to on this message board are actually from Boston?

What does that even mean? It has little bearing on my research. The many weeks and months I have spent in the city of Boston itself do, however.

Kind of like Jane Goodal living with the gorillas.

you checked residency of everybody?

Im sure your research took you to dorchester and roxbury.

The City of Boston has around 600,000 residents and believe it or not they aren't all white!

Most of us Mass residents live outside the City. I live exactly 10 miles north of Boston and can be downtown in 15 minutes.

BTW: A New Yorker making fun of a Massachusetts accent is ironic to say the least.

Your Boston accent is highly annoying. Thats why I need to drink heavily when hanging out with you

Yes sir. I have (non-blood) family in both places.

Dont you ever call me sir you Yankee homer!

There's that defensiveness I spoke of.

Let's see. I've spent extensive time and have stayed/lived/worked in: Framingham, Worcester, Waltham, Cambridge, Somerville, Copley Square, Fenway, South Boston, Quincy, Fall River, Pembroke, Plymouth, most of the Cape, to name a few. And that's just in the eastern half of the commonwealth. You want addresses and phone numbers to follow up with?

Dont you bad mouth Waltham! My girl is from there... and she kinda normal...

What are you Barney Frank's lover? :confused:

Thanks for the awful image I just got in my head of Barney Fag getting plowed from behind by an italian and him moaning with a lisp.

Thanks.. Now I wont be able to eat dinner.

What a tool! I call bullsh*t! He claims to have lived/worked in Framingham, Worcester, Waltham, Cambridge, Somerville, Copley Square, Fenway, South Boston, Quincy, Fall River, Pembroke, Plymouth and most of the Cape - yet claims it's not diverse. Seriously? Worcester? Waltham? Freakin Cambridge and Somerville? Is he blind and deaf? I live in Waltham and I find this assertion freakin' laughable.

You live in Waltham? Uh oh... where???

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company