Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

So, for the fist time in a couple of years, I decided to watch Phil Phenom pitch a game, to see what all the hype is about.

What I witnessed was a kid who was nibble, nibble, nibble at the strike zone. On full count pitches, the kid threw breaking pitches.

Is he afraid of his own stuff?

The stuff looked decent from a camera angle (dangerous way to make a judgment, I realize), but God he seemed afraid of putting anything over the plate.

One game, I also realize.

I thought he looked pretty good, too. And you are right, he is afraid to put one over the plate, which is self defeating because I think all the Red Sox big hits came off pitches out of the strike zone. Lester was real good.

Who knows, permanent ban...kick me out that night(which really makes no difference, considering the game was over). Just the fact I wasnt allowed to walk down a few rows to meet my friends irked me like no ones business.

I guess the Old Stadium eventually became like that too. The Yankees have to be the most non fan friendly organization in sports.

I gotta level with you.. reading this thread gives me schadenfreude.

:lol:

Luckily the Yankees play in Coors East so this should be a ballgame by the 5th inning...

:D

Especially with Beckett's ERA 7.8

Your team is poorly managed.

They have an economic advantage no one can touch. It is the only reason you are competitive.

They should not be looking at their 9th straight season without a title. It is not like they are getting better. They are getting progressively worse every year.

What's up dude? Too funny. :lol:

After a really crappy 1st inning, Joba has been on.

What a K of Lowell. Beautiful.

What's up, Tiny?

\:D/

I would be pumped up about Joba's performance, except that he gave up 5 hits and 4 runs before he even got an out.

Michael Kay tends to go a bit overboard.

He works for the Yankees, he has too. GOODNESS GRACIOUS!

:)

Not too much brotha man, you?

Watching baseball, drinking a bud...

Same here, except add on Light to the end of Bud. :cheers:

I get the 24 OZ cans, 3 for 4 bucks.

\

\:D/

To be fair its freezing cold and damp out...

don't worry they will be empty in August.

Who are you? The fan police? You're going to tell us who we should be rooting for? Maybe I became a Red Sox fan because there are plenty of Yankee fans that I didn't want to be associated with.

Some of you Yankee fans are so arrogant.

;)

Except in Boston, where everything is white.

What's wrong with that?

Me thinks Guido has an issue with the City of Boston.

Right, and you just know he grew up or lives in a diverth community like the north shore of LI.

:Typotux:

I really like the city of Boston. Except for the 90% of the dopes that live there.

You've met everybody who lives there?

With a username like Guido Monzino I'm sure he spends a lot of his time at Seaside Heights in the summer. We all know that is a diverse crowd! ;)

But they listen to rap so that makes them authorities on race relations.

I've observed for many years. Been conducting my own sociology experiment. It actual has been a fascinating experience watching the behavior of those people. Kind of mind-boggling, you'd almost think it was a completely isolated island natio of its own.

So that makes them bad or wrong because they are different from you?

Wrong.

http://www.boston.com/jobs/press/2006/012506.shtml

Boston has s shameful racial history. There is no arguments there.

Considering some of the borderline tongue and cheek that are not really tongue and cheek typed on this board, NYers are one to talk.

Last time I was in Washington DC, I didn't see too many white people. Just an observation.

:Typotux:

The City of Boston has around 600,000 residents and believe it or not they aren't all white!

Most of us Mass residents live outside the City. I live exactly 10 miles north of Boston and can be downtown in 15 minutes.

BTW: A New Yorker making fun of a Massachusetts accent is ironic to say the least.

I think you are wasting your time at this point. The guy is about as sharp as a marble.

:lol:

By the way, when did I ever say anything about African Americans?

You said Boston was a racist city. So... who were you referring too?

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company