Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

Why are you comparing a 22 year old to a 25 year old? Get a clue.

Don't bother, you'll never leave alive.

Lester is killing us tonight.

He's always performed well against the yankees.

He's a great prospect and so far has shown more the Hughes, sorry TD.

Lester is not a prospect, hasn't been for a long time. He's 25 year old with almost 400 major league innings under his belt.

My bad baseball knowledge god.

He's a real starting pitcher.

Hughes is not, I guess he's a prospect.

Here's to hoping our bullpen won't blow and we can score some runs.

Hughes isn't technically a prospect either, but he's still 22 years old, with far less experience than Jon Lester.

It doesn't take a baseball God to understand that, it only takes a little bit of common sense.

Right.

Well with your common sense I'd love to know how many innings Hughes has, his stats, and what Lesters was through those innings.

Nice pitching by Aceves.

Let's hope he keeps it up. He seems to have potential from what I've heard.

So am I wrong in saying that maybe the fact is Varitek knows how to pitch us? We just seem so weak against the Sox. How times have changed.

You seem like a very passionate fan, which is cool, but have you ever been wrong before?

No.

Another Yankee Stadium homerun... in the new stadium. Some things will never change.

And that monster in Fenway doesn't produce HR's? Ballpark is a ballpark, ours happens to be a bandbox now. Hopefully it'll change when the knock down the old place and if not then I'm sure changes will be made.

The Monster steals as many homeruns as it "produces."

CC... please.

We're all fans but let's be objective when we call it. It was put there cause it's like 200 feet away from home plate.... that's why it "robs" homeruns, my one year old could bang it off the monster. A more appropriate statement would have been "Well we have a ridiculously deep center field so it balances things."

Green Monster is about the same distance as the right field wall in Yankee Stadium. Just sayin'.

Right and you're complaining about that Damon HR right?

And... if he had hit that exact HR but say as a righty in Fenway... would it have gone over the monster?

A ballpark is a ballpark, that's what makes baseball great and unique. It's called homefield for a reason, if we have a "stream carrying to right field"... well, you got some lefties in your line up, have them use it. JUST SAYIN.

Maybe he's just sticking with the whole Boston theme

Boston is very diverse.

Compared to Iowa... ?

Close, I was leaning toward "WWII Germany"

I wasn't complaining. I just made an observation about the new stadium. I know lazy fly balls to right field in Yankee Stadium will probably be home runs. And if they aren't they'll have some kid out there to catch it and make it so. :)

Touche :D

Jason Bay is a man.

I would hope so.

All a matter of time when you get to the bullpen.

Man, reading through this thread, there certainly are a lot of Yankees fans that I really wish would go back into the hiding they were in prior to 1996.

I mean, if you're going to jump on the bandwagon when things are going great, you need to stay on when the road gets a little rocky too.

Not the mention that the gloom and doom here is way over the top. This is still a very, very good team that can do a lot of damage this year.

For the record, by personal and all other accounts, people have been treated great by the Stadium staff. More than accomodating. Yeah, maybe there's a couple of overaggressive security douches out there you may have come across. Or maybe you're just acting like a drunk douche yourself and getting the treatment you deserve. Doesn't mean there isn't a whole lot of out here LOVING the New Yankee Stadium experience.

If you hate this gorgeous stadium, the team ownership (that has provided you 6 championships and endless other accomplishments), the "feel" :rolleyes: of the team, the manager, the uniforms, and every other little nitpicky nonsense, then take a walk and go root for someone else.

You'd be doing the rest of us a real service.

I'm not sure who you're referring to but here's my view on the subject.

You have fans who will eat the sh*t of their team and like

You have fans who will eat the sh*t but realize it's sh*t

You have fans who could be offered a rib eye steak but will chose to eat sh*t to continually piss and moan about something.

I know there are things wrong with this team. I know so far this year, the Red Sox own us. I know that we have a ton of injuries and we are an expensive team where hatred for the wealthy is at an all time high and the Yankees are a symbol of decadence.

But their my team, and I think there's a **** ton of potential on this roster. I get annoyed, I'm human, but I cheer for the Yankees and when their on the field I want them to win.

There are so many kinks to work out of a new stadium, everything can't be thought of.

Some people here are confusing the stadium for the team, and not allowing any comments based on what people are feeling and seeing is silly

If there is one thing you have to admit is that the stadium WAS part of the team. There were very few places like it and I'm sure that's what some people are "struggling" to deal with. It's been in the Bronx forever.. and you can even say many generations of fans passed through the halls.

I for one am glad I was able to grow up watching the Yanks in the old stadium. And I am also glad... and I'm sure it's going to be an incredible experience... when I bring my son to the new place for the first time. I'm sure the wonderment in his eyes will make it a special place for me.

Some people just have that Dana Carvey "Grumpy old man" mentality. Everything was better the old way.

That would be Bay as Youk isn't playing tonight. I loved the way Joba celebrated to end the 5th. Bring on the bullpen!

People are allowed to show passion in sports.

Yea... it's like a "Goddamnit" moment. We better start putting up runs in bunches or this will be over in an inning

Ugh. Here's the difference between the Sox and Yankees

Sox get hits when they need to

Yankees don't.

The clutch hitting has been a problem way before Girardi

Agreed. And I understand what Girardi is doing with trying to mix and match but you HAVE TO let guys who are hot stay in. If you keep bringing a guy in who is sucking to continually get thrashed in close games that's going to destroy his confidence more then staying on the bench. I understand the idea of protecting some arms in the pen but it seems it's almost coming at the cost of trying to win games.

The hitting just drives me nuts. What does Kevin Long teach these guys? It feels like 3 years ago we'd make every pitcher work. Now it feels like to me the second we have one man with one out we're not scoring that run.

The ticket fiasco thing seeing it is their policy....meh. There are probably a few things they can do to let people back in. Stamping the hand or whatever. When they saw people leaving they should have been announcing the game has bot been canceled and if you leave, you cannot get back. No more the a CYA.

The issue I have with the article, if true, is denying access to the guard rails to kids seeking autographs. What type of crap is that? Shutdown 30 or 60 minutes before game time, but that is part of going to the game experience.

Yankees are such are $hitty run franchise.

Maybe this year will be a wake-up call that the franchise does need fans. Not every fan is gonna take a big fat dook right in the face and smile about it. My hope is that they just change up the policies and the problems that fans bring up rather then blatantly ignore it.

I honestly dont have a clue on why these guys struggle so much with RISP.

I hear Met fans griping about it, are they worse then the Yanks? I don't get it to be honest, I know some people tell fans to calm down but is it possible that there are demons floating around that clubhouse? The fact they know that they are getting owned by the Sox, that they can't push runners across in a timely fashion, and that the bullpen can't keep it close?

There used to be a sense of invincibility, that is long gone IMO. Just feels like more then anything this team relies on the long ball.

Wow... I just heard a Stat that the Yankees have been 8 for 64 with RISP against the Sox.

WOW.

Clutch pitching. :P

Lol, that MUST be it.

I think that's been the worst part about these losses. We haven't really gotten thumped terribly... we've been in every game. And in every game... the Sox find a way to get the hits and the Yankees tease and choke. :bag:

That sounds like what............................

Sox fan talking about the Yankees 10 years ago.

Yup.

I'm not lying to myself. The tables are turned and we're the ones looking down the barrel of the gun.

Like I said previous, before there was an air, a feel of invincibility.

Now it's a feeling of inevitability. I know sox fans will disagree but this roster HAS the talent to change everything. But the question is if they have that "it" that "drive" to just will themselves to be the team to beat.

And this is something new ?

This pretty much been their M.O since the 2004 playoffs. Only problem now is that what had been a post season problem is now an all around problem.

The Yanks flat out suck right now. I look at them right now and they look like a team that plays with no desperation or intensity. There is not a grind it out mentality that made those 96-2001 teams so great.

I thought Girardi could light a bit of a fire under them but it hasn't happened.

Essentially- the problem has become a huge issue.

The stat I put up was just because man, when you SEE it, it just makes you want to throw up. That's terrible. Who know, maybe something happens this year but right now the bats aren't doing their job.

I've said it multiple times, how does Kevin Long still have a job? Don't they work on situational hitting?

Francesa is killing the Yanks. Wonder if he and Tyler feel the core should be broken up like they did with the Mets.:rolleyes:

Francesa is a raving ****ing moron. I turned off the radio.

This team has the talent. The truth is that the Red Sox have a baseball first culture in their organization from the top to bottom.

The Yankees have become about business, tradition, memories, nostalgia, ghosts, past accomplishments.

I'm not gonna crush Cashman for the moves he made, I quite like them to be honest. What I don't like is what seems to be a depletion of infield/outfield talent in the minors. We have all these supposed great arms in the minors but what about the rest of the team? Are we going to keep relying on aging vets? Pitching is ridiculously important. But at the same time so are efficient, productive hitters who can field, hit, and hit in situations.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company