Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

NEW YORK YANKEES (13-11)

VS.

BOSTON RED SOX (15-10)

100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png...................100px-RedSoxPrimary_HangingSocks.svg.png

Monday: RHP Phil Hughes (1-0, 0.00) vs. LHP Jon Lester (1-2, 5.40) @ 7:05 PM

Tuesday: RHP Joba Chamberlain (1-0, 3.13) vs. RHP Josh Beckett (2-2, 7.22) @ 7:05 PM

Edited by Tyler Durden

Sweep! :)

* why didnt you just bump the old Redsox/Yankee thread?

Sweep! :)

* why didnt you just bump the old Redsox/Yankee thread?

Because it was played at Fenway Park

I'll be very disappointed if the Yanks don't take both of these. They need these games in the standings.

I'll be very disappointed if the Yanks don't take both of these. They need these games in the standings.

Likewise, I'd be disappointed if the Sox don't take both as they should have the pitching advantage in each. Depends on which Lester and which Beckett show up. Should be interesting because it will be the Sox first time at the new stadium and they'll be coming off of a terrible series against the Rays.

I would like to watch the Hughes/Lester match-up but playoff hockey takes precedent.

Tyler, you plan on sticking around for this one or only if the Yankees win? You were awfully quiet in the last series. :)

Likewise, I'd be disappointed if the Sox don't take both as they should have the pitching advantage in each. Depends on which Lester and which Beckett show up. Should be interesting because it will be the Sox first time at the new stadium and they'll be coming off of a terrible series against the Rays.

I would like to watch the Hughes/Lester match-up but playoff hockey takes precedent.

Tyler, you plan on sticking around for this one or only if the Yankees win? You were awfully quiet in the last series. :)

I disagree, the way those guys have been pitching, the Yanks have the pitching advantage.

I disagree, the way those guys have been pitching, the Yanks have the pitching advantage.

You sir, are correct. :cheers:

Who'da thunk Joba & Hughes would be our most reliable pitchers in May? :rolleyes:

Who'da thunk Joba & Hughes would be our most reliable pitchers in May? :rolleyes:

MadMike?

I think the rainout screwed us now. If there was a game today, and Phil Hughes pitched today, and Joba for game 1, and Burnett for game 2, we would obviously win both games for revenge since it's in the Stadium. Now, I am thinking a split will happen, us winning game 2.

If we ever get this game in, here is the Yankee lineup.

1. Derek Jeter SS

2. Johnny Damon LF

3. Mark Teixeira 1B

4. Nick Swisher RF

5. Robinson Cano 2B

6. Jorge Posada DH

7. Melky Cabrera CF

8. Jose Molina C

9. Angel Berroa 3B

Pitching: RHP Phil Hughes (1-0, 0.00)

If we ever get this game in, here is the Yankee lineup.

1. Derek Jeter SS

2. Johnny Damon LF

3. Mark Teixeira 1B

4. Nick Swisher RF

5. Robinson Cano 2B

6. Jorge Posada DH

7. Melky Cabrera CF

8. Jose Molina C

9. Angel Berroa 3B

Pitching: RHP Phil Hughes (1-0, 0.00)

Do you think they'll be able to get it in?

Do you think they'll be able to get it in?

I'm less than 15 miles from Yankee Stadium, and it's not raining now, I'm hopeful.. but there is more rain in the forecast.

I think the rainout screwed us now. If there was a game today, and Phil Hughes pitched today, and Joba for game 1, and Burnett for game 2, we would obviously win both games for revenge since it's in the Stadium. Now, I am thinking a split will happen, us winning game 2.

Obviously?

Revenge is hardly a huge factor in baseball

It's sad that Matsui as hot as he is must sit in order in cluless Joe's mind to control the Sox running game. He also probably prefers Molina catch Hughes.

This game will be probably be delayed, but it appears the rain will stop around 7.

Awesome news, hope it doesn't get canceled. Two days in a row would suck.

Obviously?

Revenge is hardly a huge factor in baseball

Revenge is right up there with batting average and earned run average as far as factors to winning are concerned.

Poor Joba.

Joba Chamberlain's mother is jailed in Nebraska and facing a felony charge after being arrested on suspicion of selling methamphetamine to an undercover police officer in February.

As if the DUI arrest wasn't embarrassing enough. Lincoln Police Capt. David Beggs said that 44-year-old Jacqueline Standley was arrested at her apartment Saturday night. She allegedly sold one gram of a substance believed to be meth to an uncover officer for $110 on Feb. 11. The substance tested positive for meth in testing at the state laboratory.

The Associated Press

Edited by GimmeShelter

Poor Joba.

Joba Chamberlain's mother is jailed in Nebraska and facing a felony charge after being arrested on suspicion of selling methamphetamine to an undercover police officer in February.

As if the DUI arrest wasn't embarrassing enough. Lincoln Police Capt. David Beggs said that 44-year-old Jacqueline Standley was arrested at her apartment Saturday night. She allegedly sold one gram of a substance believed to be meth to an uncover officer for $110 on Feb. 11. The substance tested positive for meth in testing at the state laboratory.

Chances are he could careless about his mother, she walked out on him and his father when he was just a little boy.

Chances are he could careless about his mother, she walked out on him and his father when he was just a little boy.

I know....still he doesn't need this.

I know....still he doesn't need this.

Yeah, I'm sure he doesn't want to be answering questions about this.

I hate the weather in April/Early May.

I heard this happened because she's a clairvoyant, and even when he was a small child, she predicted he would be a bust someday with the Yankees. The meth sales are her way of deadening the pain of seeing her prophecy come to light.

I heard this happened because she's a clairvoyant, and even when he was a small child, she predicted he would be a bust someday with the Yankees. The meth sales are her way of deadening the pain of seeing her prophecy come to light.

Dumb..

Joba has a 2.85 ERA as a starter, and 1.53 ERA has a reliever

Mark Teixiera: TRAINWRECK 2009

What a bum. Dude cant handle NY.

The Red Sox are just so much better in every facet of the game its scary.

Phil Hughes isnt built to pitch these types of games. Dude is soft. This entire team is soft.

Mark Teixiera: TRAINWRECK 2009

What a bum. Dude cant handle NY.

I'm glad the Sox held on to Lowell after all.

I'm glad the Sox held on to Lowell after all.

Lowell is insanely underrated. He's such a solid all around player.

The Sox are so much better its scary. Kevin Youkilis is the best hitter in the AL.

Phil Hughes should take notes on how a real young pitcher looks.

The Red Sox are just so much better in every facet of the game its scary.

Phil Hughes isnt built to pitch these types of games. Dude is soft. This entire team is soft.

Tough position for Hughes to be in. The Sawx plus the rain. He did have a fabulous first start in Detroit, but at 49 pitches through 2 innings this could be a long night for the Yanks shaky pen.

Phil Hughes should take notes on how a real young pitcher looks.

Lester does look on, which is promising.