Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

Morrissey

Question is - Will Pena coach a better game for the last 4 innings than Girardi would?

Pena > Girardi, so yes he will. I could go out there and manage the bullpen better than Joe.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And that monster in Fenway doesn't produce HR's? Ballpark is a ballpark, ours happens to be a bandbox now. Hopefully it'll change when the knock down the old place and if not then I'm sure changes will be made.

The Monster steals as many homeruns as it "produces."

The Monster steals as many homeruns as it "produces."

CC... please.

We're all fans but let's be objective when we call it. It was put there cause it's like 200 feet away from home plate.... that's why it "robs" homeruns, my one year old could bang it off the monster. A more appropriate statement would have been "Well we have a ridiculously deep center field so it balances things."

CC... please.

We're all fans but let's be objective when we call it. It was put there cause it's like 200 feet away from home plate.... that's why it "robs" homeruns, my one year old could bang it off the monster. A more appropriate statement would have been "Well we have a ridiculously deep center field so it balances things."

Green Monster is about the same distance as the right field wall in Yankee Stadium. Just sayin'.

Green Monster is about the same distance as the right field wall in Yankee Stadium. Just sayin'.

Right and you're complaining about that Damon HR right?

And... if he had hit that exact HR but say as a righty in Fenway... would it have gone over the monster?

A ballpark is a ballpark, that's what makes baseball great and unique. It's called homefield for a reason, if we have a "stream carrying to right field"... well, you got some lefties in your line up, have them use it. JUST SAYIN.

Archived