The Smiley Killer (Crazy Cops) Game 2 Thread.

Obviously I thought the same thing at first, but as suspicious as I might be of EY, I don't think we should assume it's really that easy. Kind of weird how wholeheartedly you're embracing the idea of EY as SK.

I guess I should've stuck a smiley face there, but I thought the sarcasm was kinda obvious. :deshade:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is excellent. 23 posts in, and we already have a liar.

Doggin and I both say we investigated ourselves, and got innocents. If true, we're the sane and naive cops.

EY investigated shutout and got an innocent. If Doggin and I are honest, then EY's the insane cop found the SK on his first try.

But shutout also says he's investigated someone and got a guilty.

Terrific analysis. DanX and JiF must be clean; the SK is one of the four of us.

Right now, the possibilities:

1) Slats, Doggin and EY are honest: EY must be insane, Slats and I are real or naive, and Shutout is the SK (note: EY cannot be naive, since that role must belong to one of me or Slats)

2) Slats, Doggin and Shutout are honest: EY is the SK, Shutout is insane or paranoid, Slats and I are real or naive

3) EY, Doggin and Shutout are honest: Slats is the SK, EY and I are real or naive, Shutout is Paranoid or Insane

4) EY, Slats and Shutout are honest: Doggin is the SK Shutout is paranoid, EY and Slats are real or naive (I know this is not possible, but the rest of you don't) (note: Shutout cannot be the real cop in this scenario, because that role must belong to one of Slats or EY, who both got innocent results)

We'll be able to eliminate at least one of these scenarios tomorrow if EY is alive; if he investigates himself and gets an innocent result, then Shutout is clean (since EY will need to be real or naive, eliminating the option of SO as serial killer).

If EY investigates himself and gets a guilty result, of course, the game is over - either EY or Shutout is the SK (since EY is either insane, and Shutout is the SK, or EY is lying), and we lynch them on consecutive days, in whatever order we choose. :biggrin:

And, of course, if EY or Shutout is dead, we'll have 3 suspects (me, slats, and Shutout) and 2 confirmed innocents (JiF/DanX), which is a great place to be.

Which means the doctor (whichever of JiF/DanX it is) should self protect - either way, as long as EY investigates himself, we'll have two confirmed innocents heading into tomorrow's lynch, whether the SK kills EY/Shutout and leaves both JiF/DanX alive, or if the SK kills the non-doc (and thus unprotected) one of the two.

EY - you need to self-investigate tonight

I guess I should've stuck a smiley face there, but I thought the sarcasm was kinda obvious. :deshade:

That's a relief. :) Haha, I hoped you'd play better as scum if that's what you were doing. I got it now.

1) Slats, Doggin and EY are honest: EY must be insane, Slats and I are real or naive, and Shutout is the SK (note: EY cannot be naive, since that role must belong to one of me or Slats)

2) Slats, Doggin and Shutout are honest: EY is the SK, Shutout is insane or paranoid, Slats and I are real or naive

3) EY, Doggin and Shutout are honest: Slats is the SK, EY and I are real or naive, Shutout is Paranoid or Insane

4) EY, Slats and Shutout are honest: Doggin is the SK Shutout is paranoid, EY and Slats are real or naive (I know this is not possible, but the rest of you don't) (note: Shutout cannot be the real cop in this scenario, because that role must belong to one of Slats or EY, who both got innocent results)

We'll be able to eliminate at least one of these scenarios tomorrow if EY is alive; if he investigates himself and gets an innocent result, then Shutout is clean (since EY will need to be real or naive, eliminating the option of SO as serial killer).

If EY investigates himself and gets a guilty result, of course, the game is over - either EY or Shutout is the SK (since EY is either insane, and Shutout is the SK, or EY is lying), and we lynch them on consecutive days, in whatever order we choose. :biggrin:

And, of course, if EY or Shutout is dead, we'll have 3 suspects (me, slats, and Shutout) and 2 confirmed innocents (JiF/DanX), which is a great place to be.

Which means the doctor (whichever of JiF/DanX it is) should self protect - either way, as long as EY investigates himself, we'll have two confirmed innocents heading into tomorrow's lynch, whether the SK kills EY/Shutout and leaves both JiF/DanX alive, or if the SK kills the non-doc (and thus unprotected) one of the two.

Isn't it better for me to try and protect a cop who can actually contribute investigation results? Worst case, the SK will kill me, but that buys all of you another set of results.

Which means the doctor (whichever of JiF/DanX it is) should self protect -

Why?

It was pretty obvious in your game that BG would be the guy who got whacked that first night. If the Doc had protected him, they'd've had another investigation to work with and may've nailed the SK as a result. At the very least, they would've had another innocent voice to hash it out.

I think Dan should flip a coin at the very least.

Why?

It was pretty obvious in your game that BG would be the guy who got whacked that first night. If the Doc had protected him, they'd've had another investigation to work with and may've nailed the SK as a result. At the very least, they would've had another innocent voice to hash it out.

I think Dan should flip a coin at the very least.

I agree. I think I'm more expendable than someone who has the ability to make investigations and contribute more pieces to the puzzle.

I agree. I think I'm more expendable than someone who has the ability to make investigations and contribute more pieces to the puzzle.

The more I think of it, the more I think you should do the coin flip thing between you and JiF. Make the SK take out one of the three other candidates for the SK role rather than one of our confirmed innocents.

Nice write-up. This is bad news for JiF.

Huh?

I'm guessing EY meant that with Dan as the doctor, JiF becomes the logical NK due to being the only other confirmed innocent.

So I think its safe to say Doggin no longer believes a No Lynch is the best course of action. What do you think? same for you EY? Do we still need the extra day having eliminated 2 possibilities for SK?

JiF, who did you investigate?

Nice write-up. This is bad news for JiF.

He's the obv NK.

At this point, he's pretty much confirmed innocent, and can't self protect. Why would the SK take out a possible suspect, in me, you, doggin, shutout?

I'm guessing EY meant that with Dan as the doctor, JiF becomes the logical NK due to being the only other confirmed innocent.

So I think its safe to say Doggin no longer believes a No Lynch is the best course of action. What do you think? same for you EY? Do we still need the extra day having eliminated 2 possibilities for SK?

I'm going to unvote as well.

I believe it might be in our best interest to kill one of the three of you to narrow down the scenarios. I know I'm innocent, so scenario 3 or 4 is most likely, with 1 being possible.

If were going to take a life, my thoughts are slats.

It's possible that I'm insane and hit the lotto on shutout, and I tend to believe doggin, because I'm not seeing how this can be an elaborate trick just yet.

Oh, and I'm also willing to vote for myself. If you think this will give you the most information. But, I'd tell you that a No Lynch is a better idea, because I am who I say I am. (I know, Trust Me, lol)

That's what I took it to mean, too.

I'm really interested in hearing Doggin's plan. I think it worked out great that the four of you happened to investigate yourselves/each other, and it'll probably be very hard for the SK to win this game. Tonight, for example, even if we still do a no lynch, the SK will either have to kill one of the SK suspects or allow all of you to come back with another set of results.

Posting from blackberry. Will explain in detail later if necessary, but run the scenarios and you should get it yourselves.

Town is guaranteed a win if:

1) We vote no lynch today

2) Dan protects EY tonight

3) EY investigates himself

4) Slats and I both investigate EY.

No matter what combination of the results of EY's, my and Slats' investigations end up, and even if Slats or I get NK'd, there will only be two suspects (run the scenarios of possible results and you'll see it; if necessary, I'll post em when I get back from court).

Since we will have 2 days of lynching left, that's an automatic victory for the town.

Dan, Slats, EY, please confirm that you'll follow this plan.

He's the obv NK.

At this point, he's pretty much confirmed innocent, and can't self protect. Why would the SK take out a possible suspect, in me, you, doggin, shutout?

That's why I suggested that Dan do the coin flip between him and JiF, forcing the SK to either try and get lucky, or take out one of those other suspects.

I'm going to unvote as well.

I believe it might be in our best interest to kill one of the three of you to narrow down the scenarios. I know I'm innocent, so scenario 3 or 4 is most likely, with 1 being possible.

If were going to take a life, my thoughts are slats.

It's possible that I'm insane and hit the lotto on shutout, and I tend to believe doggin, because I'm not seeing how this can be an elaborate trick just yet.

Oh, and I'm also willing to vote for myself. If you think this will give you the most information. But, I'd tell you that a No Lynch is a better idea, because I am who I say I am. (I know, Trust Me, lol)

I'm always popular early.

I investigated Slats.

Interesting. That works for me as we've determined that you can't be the sane cop. ;)

Posting from blackberry. Will explain in detail later if necessary, but run the scenarios and you should get it yourselves.

No matter what combination of the results of EY's, my and Slats' investigations end up, and even if Slats or I get NK'd, there will only be two suspects (run the scenarios of possible results and you'll see it; if necessary, I'll post em when I get back from court).

Since we will have 2 days of lynching left, that's an automatic victory for the town.

Why does EY need protection in this scenario? We could have everyone investigate EY, have Dan choose between himself and JiF, and probably be down one of the suspects with 3/4 of the possible investigations to work with. If EY's protected, don't we automatically lose a confirmed innocent?

I know I'm new to this set up, but everyone is talking like they have gaurantee's on what they feel the set up is...how is that possible. Couldnt people be lying...I mean, someone has to be.

I dont like that everyone is all on board with the things that have been thrown around.

I know I'm new to this set up, but everyone is talking like they have gaurantee's on what they feel the set up is...how is that possible. Couldnt people be lying...I mean, someone has to be.

I dont like that everyone is all on board with the things that have been thrown around.

You should be happy. We determined we had a liar before you even posted in the thread. The SK is one of me (not really), shutout, Doggin, or EY. One of us lied about our investigation result.

Go back over it yourself and see what you come up with. I love fresh opinions.

I'm going to

vote: no lynch

I think it's the best course of action early. Also really feel that Dan should choose between himself and Jif to protect to force the SK to thin the suspect herd (if that's me, so be it) - until I hear from Doggin as to why EY needs to be protected. I'm on board to investigate EY, too.

What should shutout and Jif do then? Investigate eachother? EY?

The setup has been spelled out in detail, and it's determined that the SK is between me, doggin, slats, and shutout.

From my position, slats looks most likely.

I like this plan very much and agree it seems like our best option right now, but is it definitely an automatic victory for the town?

Here's a scenario that could happen. If EY is sane/naive, all three of you will claim to get innocent results on him. We lynch EY, he's innocent (confirming he was sane/naive), and now we're left choosing between Slats and Doggin. I fear we could come down to that decision with only one other player alive, if the SK chooses correctly both nights.

I like this plan very much and agree it seems like our best option right now, but is it definitely an automatic victory for the town?

Here's a scenario that could happen. If EY is sane/naive, all three of you will claim to get innocent results on him. We lynch EY, he's innocent (confirming he was sane/naive), and now we're left choosing between Slats and Doggin. I fear we could come down to that decision with only one other player alive, if the SK chooses correctly both nights.

This is why I keep saying you should coin flip between yourself and JiF in an effort to keep as many confirmed innocents alive as possible.

This is why I keep saying you should coin flip between yourself and JiF in an effort to keep as many confirmed innocents alive as possible.

Couldn't the SK could screw us over by NKing EY so that we don't find out his investigation result on himself (maintaining all 3 of you as SK suspects)? Lynching EY ourselves after everyone investigates him narrows it down better.

I have to think about it more. I'll be back a little before 6, anyway, so that should give us enough time to hear again from Doggin.

I'm going to

vote: no lynch

I think it's the best course of action early. Also really feel that Dan should choose between himself and Jif to protect to force the SK to thin the suspect herd (if that's me, so be it) - until I hear from Doggin as to why EY needs to be protected. I'm on board to investigate EY, too.

What should shutout and Jif do then? Investigate eachother? EY?

I'd think we both would investigate one of the 4 SK suspects. Based on my assumptions one of us is paranoid and will get guilty no matter what while the other is insane and would get guilty unless they pick the SK. If one of us comes back with an innocent after night 2, we should therefore know exactly who to vote for during day 2.

Yeah, I'm still not 100% on how it guarentees victory, as I get the impression that they are both going to come back saying innocent.

That said, if I get a guilty on myself, then it is shutout.

Doggin, could you please explain how we know who's lying between me, you, slats if all 3 of us get innocents on me?

Lynching me would prove I'm innocent, and vindicate shutout, who would be NK'd.

Then, we'd be in day 3, with slats, doggin, and DanX, with Dan ultimately needing to make the decision between the two.

What am I missing?

Couldn't the SK could screw us over by NKing EY so that we don't find out his investigation result on himself (maintaining all 3 of you as SK suspects)? Lynching EY ourselves after everyone investigates him narrows it down better.

I have to think about it more. I'll be back a little before 6, anyway, so that should give us enough time to hear again from Doggin.

I need to be alive tomorrow for this to work, but see my question above as to why I'm not sure it would... Unless we no lynch tomorrow as well.

Why does EY need protection in this scenario? We could have everyone investigate EY, have Dan choose between himself and JiF, and probably be down one of the suspects with 3/4 of the possible investigations to work with. If EY's protected, don't we automatically lose a confirmed innocent?

Because only EY's result can clear shutout (if he gets an innocent, shutout is clean. If he gets a guilty, then either he or shutout is the serial, and we win)

If ey lives and we investigate him, we win. If ey dies, we can lose

Because only EY's result can clear shutout (if he gets an innocent, shutout is clean. If he gets a guilty, then either he or shutout is the serial, and we win)

If ey lives and we investigate him, we win. If ey dies, we can lose

Still, begs the question of what we do tomorrow, assuming eithe DanX or JiF's death.

Still, begs the question of what we do tomorrow, assuming eithe DanX or JiF's death.

Assuming you come back with an innocent we lynch either Doggin or Slats. Even if we guess wrong and the SK gets off 2 NKs (for the sake of this scenario we'll say JiF and then me), that'd still leave you, Dan X, and whichever person we didn't lynch the day before. At that point its just a matter of you and Dan voting for the SK.

Archived