Why exactly did the Browns

TNJet

Draft Massaqoi and Robiskie?? Is Braylon wanting out,or is he unhappy with a contract? Mangini just a moron? One of these has to be explained on why any sane organization wouldnt want to keep Edwards.

Even if Braylon wants out, beyond him, they have absolutely nothing. Especially with Stallworth going to jail and Winslow traded.

Also, Mangini has built his defense with all of our reserves.

So they drafted on the thought of Braylon leaving? Right?

I'm sure they did. Edwards has been squawking about his contract and I'm pretty sure that he's asking for crazy money. They were supposedly offering him up to the Giants, so they'd have to draft some weapons. Especially after ditching Winslow. Edwards is in his last year and depending on the cap situation next year, I'm not sure anybody should pay him what he's asking.

Even if Braylon wants out, beyond him, they have absolutely nothing. Especially with Stallworth going to jail and Winslow traded.

Also, Mangini has built his defense with all of our reserves.

Errrr don't they have a GM who actually does the trading and drafts , just like we do ? Just askin.....

Errrr don't they have a GM who actually does the trading and drafts , just like we do ? Just askin.....

Thai, the Browns hired Mangini BEFORE they hired their GM. Mangini runs that show. Don't be fooled.

You really think that their GM (who has absolutely no ties to the Jets) would really want all these Jets' players?

A. Braylon is going into the final year of his rookie contract and is going to be looking for Top 10, maybe Top 5 recieiver money.

B. Eric Mangini doesn't like Kellen Winslow / Braylon Edwards types. One gone, one to go.

C. Beyond Edwards, they have nobody at receiver. Jurevicious I believe was released, even if he was on the team he cannot stay healthy and Donte Stallworth is going to jail. Joshua Cribbs isn't a starting receiver.

The Browns drafting two receivers tells me they are not to sure about Edwards either now or after this season.

I personally don't think he'll be playing for them after this season, and that's if he even plays this season.

No. They drafted like that because beyond Braylon, they have nothing. And if he was to leave, then they would really be F'ed.

Mangini built the Jets' defense with the Pats' reserves. Poor Cleveland. **** does role down hill.

Pretty much.

Sure they do, but do you honestly think that Mangini has no say in who is brought in. Its no coincidence that coaches bring in players they are familiar with. Its not like the GM doesnt talk to his HC about players that have played in his system before.

Its happening to us right now with Rex. Dont you think Tanny and Rex talked about Scott, Leonard and Douglas?

No. They drafted like that because beyond Braylon, they have nothing. And if he was to leave, then they would really be F'ed.

Pretty much.

Sure they do, but do you honestly think that Mangini has no say in who is brought in. Its no coincidence that coaches bring in players they are familiar with. Its not like the GM doesnt talk to his HC about players that have played in his system before.

Its happening to us right now with Rex. Dont you think Tanny and Rex talked about Scott, Leonard and Douglas?

Coaches have a say but not the FINAL say. Think Parcells and the groceries.

Pretty much.

Also remember that the Browns GM was hired after Mangini and was based on Mangini's recommendation. I'm not sure, but Mangini may have more say in personnel than a coach who was hired by the GM. It's certainly possible.

Coaches have a say but not the FINAL say. Think Parcells and the groceries.

Also remember that the Browns GM was hired after Mangini and was based on Mangini's recommendation. I'm not sure, but Mangini may have more say in personnel than a coach who was hired by the GM. It's certainly possible.

True. The bottom line is, coaches bring players with them to teams. It happens everytime Coaches change chairs. Whether the GM has the final say or not, Coaches are extremely involved.

Archived