Oliver Perez going to bullpen

Morrissey

we should offer martinez an incentive laden deal and see if we can catch lightning in a bottle........man omar really spit the bit once again this offseason, huh? he's the chad pennington of baseball gm's. he can bring your team from terrible to respectable....but he can't bring you to that next level.

we should offer martinez an incentive laden deal and see if we can catch lightning in a bottle........man omar really spit the bit once again this offseason, huh? he's the chad pennington of baseball gm's. he can bring your team from terrible to respectable....but he can't bring you to that next level.

Reyes and Wright seem to have fizzled out, too.

i think it's a bit too early to proclaim their careers over.

Jose is in one of his funks at the plate again. Wright some one should teach him not to uppercut the ball every swing. They will break out though.

i think it's a bit too early to proclaim their careers over.

sad thing is I saw this coming with them when they started off all awesome. I knew there would come a point where they would begin to struggle and Mets fans would start panicking and want them traded.

It sucks but this is our team. Wright, Reyes, Beltran, Murphy, Santana, Maine, Pelfrey, BB-Rod, Castillo, Church, Perez and most of our bullpen will be here for the next few years.

We're stuck with this. Might as well enjoy the roller coaster ride.

Reyes and Wright seem to have fizzled out, too.

All my mets buddies keep saying how Wright is the heir to Jeter's new york crown. I'm not buyin it. I like the kid, wish he was new yorks next face, but I don't see it happening.

Crowns up for grabs, go get it Sanchez.

No doubt, but what I'm saying is I think what you see is what you get. We've seen them peak, they aint going any higher.

well wrights average season is

.309/.389/.530

30 HR

110 RBI

105 Runs

190 Hits

20 SB

and he's a gold glove 3rd baseman. not too bad....i'll take that every year.

reyes:

.286/.337/.434

12 HR

65 RBI

112 Runs

195 Hits

62 SB

he's a gold glove caliber shortstop....but as lead-off hitter his obp is terrible. i think it's safe to say that he hasn't lived up to his hype but he's not a bust either. he'sd an above average shortstop and probably an above-average lead-off hitter. but he's definitely a disappointment because of what it looke dlike he was going to be capable of. he's 26 years old and about to enter his prime but i don't think the obp is going to get much better. if anything he's gonna slow down a bit with the sb's, imo. his power might go up a bit...but i think his absolute limit is a 20 hr guy. wright's just starting his prime now.....but i doubt he gets much more power. so you'r eprobably looking at their ceiling.......which, in wrights case is pretty good...and reyes it's good,but not what we were hoping for. it's not fair to hold these guys to unrealistic hof type expectations.

.309/.389/.530

30 HR

110 RBI

105 Runs

190 Hits

20 SB

reyes:

.286/.337/.434

12 HR

65 RBI

112 Runs

195 Hits

62 SB

he's a gold glove caliber shortstop....but as lead-off hitter his obp is terrible. i think it's safe to say that he hasn't lived up to his hype but he's not a bust either. he'sd an above average shortstop and probably an above-average lead-off hitter. but he's definitely a disappointment because of what it looke dlike he was going to be capable of. he's 26 years old and about to enter his prime but i don't think the obp is going to get much better. if anything he's gonna slow down a bit with the sb's, imo. his power might go up a bit...but i think his absolute limit is a 20 hr guy. wright's just starting his prime now.....but i doubt he gets much more power. so you'r eprobably looking at their ceiling.......which, in wrights case is pretty good...and reyes it's good,but not what we were hoping for. it's not fair to hold these guys to unrealistic hof type expectations.

They're both headed to Cooperstown if they do that for another 10 years.

They're both headed to Cooperstown if they do that for another 10 years.

wright yeah.....reyes i don't know if those numbers would be cooperstown worthy. maybe....it'd be on the fringe i think. for a leadoff hitter his obp is terrible. maybe i'm just judging him on a curve because i had mucxh higher hopes for him.

.309/.389/.530

30 HR

110 RBI

105 Runs

190 Hits

20 SB

reyes:

.286/.337/.434

12 HR

65 RBI

112 Runs

195 Hits

62 SB

They are both great players during the regular season, but they both sh*t the bed in the post-season. That's the problem.

All my mets buddies keep saying how Wright is the heir to Jeter's new york crown.

How many rings does Jeter have? 4 I think? How many does Wright have? None.

I don't give two sh*ts if they both go to the HOF, if you are a fan of the team, you want to see them win a championship. I loved Tony Gwynn as a player but I was never a Padres fan. If I was, I'd probably be critical of him, too. You get sick and tired of seeing a team woulda shoulda coulda. And the Mets keep getting bounced because their "stars" Reyes, Wright and Beltran keep sucking farts in the post-season. I can give two ****s if they hit .300 for ten years but don't win a championship.

How many rings does Jeter have? 4 I think? How many does Wright have? None.

I don't give two sh*ts if they both go to the HOF, if you are a fan of the team, you want to see them win a championship. I loved Tony Gwynn as a player but I was never a Padres fan. If I was, I'd probably be critical of him, too. You get sick and tired of seeing a team woulda shoulda coulda. And the Mets keep getting bounced because their "stars" Reyes, Wright and Beltran keep sucking farts in the post-season. I can give two ****s if they hit .300 for ten years but don't win a championship.

You do realize that the Mets only made the post-season once with Reyes and Wright, don'y you? And they both played well in 1 series out of the 2.

You do realize that the Mets only made the post-season once with Reyes and Wright, don'y you? And they both played well in 1 series out of the 2.

Yeah, how come the Met's didn't make the "post-season" last year or the year before? What did Reyes and Wright do?

You're right though, I should have used a i singular instead of a plural. You win. I'm thorry.

Yeah, how come the Met's didn't make the "post-season" last year or the year before? What did Reyes and Wright do?

You're right though, I should have used a i singular instead of a plural. You win. I'm thorry.

What more should Wright have done? He hit .340 in September 2008 and .352 in September 2007. Reyes wasn't great in September of either year. But we both know the bullpen was to blame for last year anyway.

What more should Wright have done?

Win one game against the Phillies in September?

He hit .340 in September 2008 and .352 in September 2007.

He can do that every September for ten years, and if they don't win a championship I could care less.

Reyes wasn't great in September of either year.

Yup.

But we both know the bullpen was to blame for last year anyway

And Omar signs K-Rod and JJ Putz and the Mets fans are still dissatisfied.

dissastisfied because he completely ignored upgrading the offense, which he could have done......and upgrading the starting pitching, which he also could have done. this team wasn't that good last year where he should have felt he can just stand pat with everything but the bullpen and......world series here we come. like i said, oamr is the chad pennington of baseball gm's. he's just too short-sighted and doesn't see the biug picture. he sees.....hey we lost alot of games because fo our bullpen last year so that's all we need to fix. and then he just expects that, without upgrades, the rest of the team will just put up the same numbers as last year. stupid way to operate if you ask me. now, if we were a juggernaught last year that just needed one or 2 pieces to fortify our run for the world series, then i can see doing what he did.

He hit .340 in September 2008 and .352 in September 2007.

He can do that every September for ten years, and if they don't win a championship I could care less.

Reyes wasn't great in September of either year.

Yup.

Whats our record now that we have Putz and BB-Rod? Yep. We're below .500

A good GM fixes the problem they have, and is prepared to fix problems before they happen. Omar is a reactionary guy. He solves last year's problem but never addressed this years potential problems... and he's done this 3 straight years now.

What should have Omar fixed?

1. Catcher

2. 2b

3. LF

4. RF

5. SP

6. SP

7. Bench

8. Bench

So its great he went and revamped the entire bullpen, and so far they've been good. But what about the rest of the team? I should be satisfied because Omar fixed last year's problem? Please.

dissastisfied because he completely ignored upgrading the offense, which he could have done......and upgrading the starting pitching, which he also could have done. this team wasn't that good last year where he should have felt he can just stand pat with everything but the bullpen and......world series here we come. like i said, oamr is the chad pennington of baseball gm's. he's just too short-sighted and doesn't see the biug picture. he sees.....hey we lost alot of games because fo our bullpen last year so that's all we need to fix. and then he just expects that, without upgrades, the rest of the team will just put up the same numbers as last year. stupid way to operate if you ask me. now, if we were a juggernaught last year that just needed one or 2 pieces to fortify our run for the world series, then i can see doing what he did.

Whats our record now that we have Putz and BB-Rod? Yep. We're below .500

A good GM fixes the problem they have, and is prepared to fix problems before they happen. Omar is a reactionary guy. He solves last year's problem but never addressed this years potential problems... and he's done this 3 straight years now.

What should have Omar fixed?

1. Catcher

2. 2b

3. LF

4. RF

5. SP

6. SP

7. Bench

8. Bench

So its great he went and revamped the entire bullpen, and so far they've been good. But what about the rest of the team? I should be satisfied because Omar fixed last year's problem? Please.

Everybody but Reyes and Wright is the problem. Got it.

Everybody but Reyes and Wright is the problem. Got it.

well he left out centefield and 1b. and he is kinda right that we needed to sign at least 1 SP not named oliver perez.

hypothetically:

derek lowe

manny ramirez

that's all you cold have relaistically liked to get.

castillo was gonna get another year......church/murphy for OF 3&4. looks a hell of alot better than what we have now.

well he left out centefield and 1b. and he is kinda right that we needed to sign at least 1 SP not named oliver perez.

hypothetically:

derek lowe

manny ramirez

that's all you cold have relaistically liked to get.

castillo was gonna get another year......church/murphy for OF 3&4. looks a hell of alot better than what we have now.

Delgado wasnt going anywhere this year, so there was no need to include him in the list. I would have loved to have Texieria at 1b but knew that never was going to happen.

Biggest problem for the Mets is we needed players this offseason but there wasnt really anyone out there that wasnt a big risk. Lowe and Manny were big risks. But they are still better than Murphy and Ollie

Reyes, Wright, and Beltran, arent going anywhere. They are top talents.

Exactly, they are the core of this team. But...

At what point do you stop moving peices around them and move them? It just seems like some players become whipping boys for the fans ie Floyd, Delgado, Laduca, Beltran, but Wright and Reyes seem to always get a pass. That's all I'm saying.

Let me give you a hypothetical, if you could get a SS who was just as good defensively and offensively as Reyes, would you trade for him?

Exactly, they are the core of this team. But...

At what point do you stop moving peices around them and move them? It just seems like some players become whipping boys for the fans ie Floyd, Delgado, Laduca, Beltran, but Wright and Reyes seem to always get a pass. That's all I'm saying.

Let me give you a hypothetical, if you could get a SS who was just as good defensively and offensively as Reyes, would you trade for him?

My first answer is no. But think long term... maybe. His speed will begin diminishing soon. Then he will be an average hitting shortstop who doesnt know how to play smart baseball.

I've been killing Wright and Reyes (and Beltran) since they've been here for their apparent lack of baseball knowledge and brain farts they constantly have.

I keep hoping they will turn the corner and become the stars they should be. But I fear if we move them too soon and for the wrong reason we are going to regret it. Sadly we are stuck with these guys for the next couple of years because no one will give us fair trade value. We'll never get someone equal to Jose.

Archived