Yankees vs Rays @ Yankee Stadium

Vicious89x

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back. We left after Texiera's double and the rain.With a 9-year old going to school, had no choice.

It's a beautiful stadium. It has amenities galore-concessions, bars, great sightlines. The people working there are beyond friendly, bordering on Disney-like. Monument Park and the Yankee Museum are fantastic. Everything is clean and first-class. Almost seeme that a little edge from across the street is missing.One thing that was kinda new and noticeable-all the on site bars are FILLED with drunks. There must be a whole bunch of really rich people to buy mutiple drinks if the beer is $9 a pop.

What's clear-the bottom of this order is putrid. This team needs A-rod and Posada desperately because the bottom 3 are like an NL break for every pticher they face. Doesn't help that the top of the order isn't tearing it up either. But because of that auto out 3, every mistake is maginified, like Damon's clear weakness as an outfielder. Burnett pitched very well but he had to be almost perfect. IF you cannot score runs the defensive and bullpen shortcomings become magnified.

Was heartened to see Swisher tossed. At least someone in that dugout has a heartbeat.

Get Damon in here, dangmnait!

It sure is.

The funniest thing about TD was that he would defend the stadium and employees when negative things were said and backed up with facts (Articles, Matt39's experience, etc).

TD took homerism to a level I have never seen before.

he was always like that. lol. i used to post on the JI baseball forums with him and he is the exact same way here as he was there. i didn't realize he was so thin-skinned thugh that he would leave a message board cause someone called him homer. he's smart enough to knwo that he is homer.....big deal. he always defended the yank tooth and nail, even when they really didn't even need to be defended. that was his one big problem....got offended by every little thing anyone said about the yanks. i think he takes it just a little too seriously.

I still get my drink on for an old guy. But wonder how the Yankees are gonna square all the drunkness of the bars they now have with Disneyfied Yankee Stadium.

I was there for WS game 6 in 1996 vs. the Braves; ALCS game 6 in the 1998 vs. the Injuns; ALCS Game 7 vs. the Sawx in 2003;and a whole bunch more of standard Yankee games. I haven't seen as many stumbling drunks walking around as I did last night. There were a lot of people who were going in and out of the bars that didn't seem to care at all about the ballgame. And it wasn't close to full. Wonder how that's going to play out once the weather gets nice.

Tex f-ing is a bust right now

To be fair he did FINALLY come through with the bases clearing double last night. With Tex we don't even go to extra's.

His hit tied the game, this isn't like ARod who hits a 2 run HR when the game is 8-2. Totally different situation.

I'll sour on Tex in another month. Honestly, I knew him and CC are slow starters. NY isn't a magical place where these consistent issues go away. The kid can play, but if he sucks in another month, then I'll get on him (no homo)

I don understand why a notoriously slow starting team would give a combined 350 million dollars to two notorious slow starters.

The games count in April the same they count in September.

But at the same time when these guys get "hot" their some of the best players at their position in the majors.

What I don't get is the contracts to old farts.

But at the same time when these guys get "hot" their some of the best players at their position in the majors.

What I don't get is the contracts to old farts.

Giambi used to get hot, too. Just sayin.....

Inconsistency has what killed the Yanks. Peak and valley type hitters have been the downfall of our lineup.

Then you look at that other team in our division with hitters like Youk, Pedroia, Bay etc....these guys dont go into major slumps.

Giambi used to get hot, too. Just sayin.....

Inconsistency has what killed the Yanks. Peak and valley type hitters have been the downfall of our lineup.

Then you look at that other team in our division with hitters like Youk, Pedroia, Bay etc....these guys dont go into major slumps.

It's something every year man. Think about it, right now it's the bull pen and hitting.

Last year: Starting pitching

Year before that: Starting pitching and Bullpen

The bats do have a peak and valley sort of thing going but they haven't been as bad as this year. This year it's at an all time high. This team has anxiety at the plate, this being my opinion of course though.

The difference with the guys you're talking about is their ALL around hitters, Our lineup is all about power, which is outdated. Honestly part of my hope is that A-Rod comes back and he's NOT crushing the ball, the guy has such a good swing that if he weren't trying to jack the ball out of the park he can put the ball in play every time.

Teams have just figured out how to pitch to this team. And our hitting staff has not done their job at keeping opposing pitchers off-balance. It just seems everyone has a sheet out on us. JMO.

Molina blows. All he had to do was put the ball in the air, but no, he hits into a DP. He's a major leaguer, he should be able to hit a fukking ball with some measure of consistency!

Archived