Manny Suspended for PEDs

nyjunc

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-manny-ramirez8-2009may08,0,6324894.story

Manny Ramirez has tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs and will be suspended 50 games starting today, The Times has learned.

The test result and suspension is expected to be announced later today. The Dodgers informed triple-A outfielder Xavier Paul this morning that he was being promoted to Los Angeles.

The only thing that sucks is the Sox benefitted from his use but they don't face any penalty(of having him suspended) or distraction b/c he's gone while we faced distractions for guys who used on other teams(though they probably used w/ the Yanks as well).

Whatever makes you feel better. Didn't Clemens win a World Series with the Yankees?

Basically

This isn't about tainting a specific team. This is the tainting of the sport. This era's greatest heroes are falling one by one to being shown as frauds.

Basically

This isn't about tainting a specific team. This is the tainting of the sport. This era's greatest heroes are falling one by one to being shown as frauds.

Yes give that man a star. Forget about your Yankee hatreds and Bosox hatred and Met hatred for one minute. The players have corrupted all the teams

Notice what baseball has become: One soap opera after another. The strike couldn't kill baseball, but this stuff--plus ridiculous ticket prices--will. Lots of us old timers are leaving the fold in droves. I received a new Yankee t-shirt (Jeter) for my birthday in January, and still haven't put it on. Young kids will no longer have any connection to the game. Nice job, Manny. You join A-Rod, and the hundreds more that we will never know about, in destroying baseball.

Basically

Well said and I agree 100%.

It figures that someone like JonE would pull the Red Sox card.

It's just Manny being Manny, c'mon ;)

Part of me wonders if he actually knew it was a banned substance he was taking and then the other part of me wonders if Manny was just playing all of us, you know? Crazy like a fox, or just crazy? I 'dunno.

It's sad. He was the only Red Sox I liked. This current Red Sox team is thoroughly unlikeable. No personality, bunch of butt swabs. My dislike of the ownership - and especially Lyin' Larry Lucchno - is well documented.

That is a lame excuse from Manny's camp. Wouldn't a Doctor know if a banned substance was in prescribed medication?

Yes, but is it the Doctor's responsibility to check? No.

Does Boras feed it to these guys???

Its beyond a joke when these guys come up with these lame ass excuses. Like Bonds saying he was getting Vitamin B injections.

Can't some of these guys just man up and admit they were using PEDs?

Manny probably had low testosterone levels and was getting a boost since 'Lil Manny was unable to perform with all the wonderful So Cal hotties.

He never realized there was a problem since there are no hotties in Boston or Cleveland.

Can you imagine if that was the case and Manny became the smiling representation of male floppiness?

Manny probably had low testosterone levels and was getting a boost since 'Lil Manny was unable to perform with all the wonderful So Cal hotties.

He never realized there was a problem since there are no hotties in Boston or Cleveland.

Just because you can't get lucky in Boston doesn't mean there aren't any hotties here.

One of the reasons Manny was having issues in Boston is because his very hot wife (who he met at a Boston eatery) was very jealous of his affair with another hottie who lived in jamaica plain (which happens to be a section of "hotless" Boston, dooshie). Which does kind of makes him a big assh*le.

Archived