Manny Suspended for PEDs

nyjunc

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not surprised by the news, but still it is a sad day for baseball. Can any of the records and milestones set during this era be taken seriously?

Bonds, ARod, Manny, Big Mac, Sosa and the list goes on and on...

How is that "the goods"? Am I reading incorrectly, or did it state that they did a background check on the recipient and it was a different guy?

EDIT: I see you added the "maybe not"...

Apparently so. Or the source got cold feet and claimed that it wasn't Manny. The story kinda goes off the cliff. How many Ramirezes (admittedly a common name) in suburban Boston need a drug froma noted drug dealer to stop the moobs roids give you? There could be a bodybuilder with the same name. A dead end.

you really expected differently?

Some Yankee fans have been crying about the Mitchell report for a while. Sad.

I'm a Yankee fan... but I'm also a fan of the sport of baseball. Maybe it's wrong as a Yankee fan to think this is sad and a bad thing.

Jose Canseco is on record of saying the reason no one signed him to a long-term deal is because he was on the list.

LOL. Absolutely. I think he said, he was 95% positive that was the reason no one signed him and a lot of the talking heads laughed at him. Canseco is totally the godfather of roids. If he says something, you better believe it.

I'm a Yankee fan... but I'm also a fan of the sport of baseball. Maybe it's wrong as a Yankee fan to think this is sad and a bad thing.

I agree with you. I take no joy in the fact that a Yankee killer got busted.

You said people are outraged because "hallowed records" are being broken.

500 home runs and 300 wins are not "records". They are milestones.

And my being a Cubs fan has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

It was a joke, lighten up.

Are there any milestones in football that anyone cares about?

Fewer RBs have cleared 10,000 yards than hitters have hit 500 homeruns. Do they stop games and hold a ceremony when a guy passes the mark?

Fewer RBs have cleared 10,000 yards than hitters have hit 500 homeruns. Do they stop games and hold a ceremony when a guy passes the mark?

I remember a Jets Raiders game in Oakland where the game was stopped.

Don Shula's wins is a big one (not a player, obviously)

Total TDs is big- Rush Pass, Receive, Total

We all witnessed Oakland stop a game on a Monday night to honor Brown, mid-game

When does Ortiz get busted?

Me and my mom were discussing this very same thing when she called me ansd told me ManRam was suspended. Ortiz is next on the list!

Don Shula's wins is a big one (not a player, obviously)

Total TDs is big- Rush Pass, Receive, Total

We all witnessed Oakland stop a game on a Monday night to honor Brown, mid-game

It's not a routine thing in football, or at least it hasn't become one like it is in baseball.

A curtain call is a ceremony?

Ah, yes, the "hallowed" curtain call. Damn you, PEDs, for robbing us of our innocence.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was on a list.

I agree with SD that Ken Griffey Jr. and Jeter might be the only legit great players of this era.

Yup I agree with SD for the most part and here's why I won't throw right on there quite yet.

Both Jeter and Griffey are following that "normal curve" for players when they start getting older. Griff had injuries but now he's gotten slower, fatter, etc. Jeter has DEFINITELY lost a step and at least to me, his range doesn't look as good as it once did. Natural breaking down/wearing down of the body with no resurgance to me at least shows they are "normal" players.

With Wright it's hard to say right now, but call me naive I do think he's smart enough to stay clean. Only time will tell.

Ah, yes, the "hallowed" curtain call. Damn you, PEDs, for robbing us of our innocence.

curtain call

a return to the lavatory for an 'encore dump' or a 'second sitting'

" wow, i just had to have a curtain call with that one. "

You have no place in this conversation.

If you don't understand what I am talking about, you don't understand sports.

In baseball, records and milestones are everything. They define your career. If you cheat to attain those records and milestones through cheating it taints the accomplishment.

In football, nobody can even tell you what the records are.

If I say 714, you know that was Babe Ruth's home run total. Everybody self-respecting baseball fan should know that.

If I say 12,302, how many people can tell you without looking it up that that was Jim Brown's yardage total?

I won't waste my team debating with someone when I can't think of a reasonable response or argument.

Fixed.

It is so obvious that these two things were swipes at the Yankees that it is sick. You're in denial.

To think anyone could have faith in guys like Bud Selig or Jerry Colangelo or any other major league owner is beyond belief.

Colangelo was pretty open about his hatred for Steinbrenner at the time. He didn't hide it, ever. And if you really believe that Arizona turned down Alfonso Soriano and Nick Johnson in favor of Casey Fossum and Brandon Lyon because they thought it was a good baseball decision, you're dumber than you sound.

no its not. its very sad. But some Yankee fans are more concerned that there werent more Red Sox on the Mitchell Report than about the entire steroid episode. As fans of baseball we should be pissed off by the entire sport being tainted.

Fixed.

It is so obvious that these two things were swipes at the Yankees that it is sick. You're in denial.

To think anyone could have faith in guys like Bud Selig or Jerry Colangelo or any other major league owner is beyond belief.

Colangelo was pretty open about his hatred for Steinbrenner at the time. He didn't hide it, ever. And if you really believe that Arizona turned down Alfonso Soriano and Nick Johnson in favor of Casey Fossum and Brandon Lyon because they thought it was a good baseball decision, you're dumber than you sound.

Everything's a conspiracy theory against the Yankees. Ok. got it.

You sound like Red Sox fans pre-2004

Archived