JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting. So this symp would be the same as a cult member?

unvote:

I'll vote: Jimmy Conway Maybe it was an accident maybe not, but it's as good as anything we got at this point.

A symp would be sympathetic to the JI scum, and would be voting in a way to help them. The cult is a separate infection. Hopefully they'll be working to take each other out, too.

Vote Count:

John Rooney (2) - Tony Soprano, Lefty Ruggerio

Jimmy Conway(1) - Fredo Corleone

Lefty Ruggerio (5) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Frank Costello, Sonny LoSpecchio

Marcellus Wallace (1) - John Rooney

Fredo Corleone (2) - Henry Hill, Vito Corleone

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

A symp would be sympathetic to the JI scum, and would be voting in a way to help them. The cult is a separate infection. Hopefully they'll be working to take each other out, too.

With 19 players, 4 scum, and a 'sackdance99' type role with the ability to recruit at least one player, it seems, I'm not sure how likely a symp is here.

vote Fredo

A little too willing to vote for anyone and everyone at this point.

I like throwing myself around a little Henry. I never gets no respect. My goal is to mix things up to get people talking so we might get some scum or cultist on the first day. I weclome you and Dads vote though, shows Im not to be ignored.

With 19 players, 4 scum, and a 'sackdance99' type role with the ability to recruit at least one player, it seems, I'm not sure how likely a symp is here.

I'm not sure how likely a symp would be, either, just pointing out that it wouldn't be part of the cult by definition.

And by the way, how do you happen to know that there's a four player scum team and just one cult member?

Misrepresentation? You're really grasping at straws here. All I said is that you were speculating about the meaning of something that had been made crystal clear there was no meaning to. I don't make an overly big deal out of it at first and even said it really came down to that I had nothing better to go on. Hell, it is the first day after all.

Since then all you've done is throw a hissy fit and that's provided an even more for the vote. I've yet to see a better reason to vote for anyone else so for now my vote stays. Your feeble attempts to hurl insults or attempts to somehow turn this against me certainly don't change that.

You couldn't be more obvious. Why don't you just cut-and-paste posts from previous games because you're using the same right here?

You base a vote on your own misrepresentation and then distance yourself from that by claiming your vote is now based on me throwing a "hissy fit" in response to your misrepresentation.

You lie, I retort, and that's a hissy fit in Joe's book. Yeah, okay, cue ball.

I'm not sure how likely a symp would be, either, just pointing out that it wouldn't be part of the cult by definition.

And by the way, how do you happen to know that there's a four player scum team and just one cult member?

From the opening post: Yes, it seems like PaulieC, Warfish, Jetswin and Chesapeake are here just to have fun

'seems' could mean it's not, but, it's the best I've got to work with. The 1 member cult is an assumption based on the fact that it seems that it can grow. Could be similar to Doggin's first game where Bleedin Green was able to recruit Double Down, or how the bite worked in EY's game. If there are more cult members to start, then the symp is even less likely.

You couldn't be more obvious. Why don't you just cut-and-paste posts from previous games because you're using the same right here?

You base a vote on your own misrepresentation and then distance yourself from that by claiming your vote is now based on me throwing a "hissy fit" in response to your misrepresentation.

You lie, I retort, and that's a hissy fit in Joe's book. Yeah, okay, cue ball.

Maybe in your own fantasy world that's how it played out, too bad just not in reality.

This is really getting pathetic. You're grasping at straws left and right and making yourself look like a damn fool. What exactly was "misrepresentation" when you were the one theorizing on the meaning of names that were created for the specific intent of not giving anything away? You did it, plain and simple, there's no arguing that. While it wasn't all that big of a deal to begin with, the more you press the issue the bigger moron you look like. There is no distancing going on here, your initial theory was moronic, but wasn't necessarily malicious in nature. Since then your reaction has been a combination of back-pedaling and incessant whining.

Interesting. So this symp would be the same as a cult member?

unvote:

I'll vote: Jimmy Conway Maybe it was an accident maybe not, but it's as good as anything we got at this point.

Simple misspelling and puncuation errors are one thing. But nobody, and no buddy, well, that's another story. Even a low budget mick like you knows that.

I had a semester and a half of college, I understand psychology, as a concept.

Do you guys honestly think that I would post a dead give away on like my 2nd or 3rd post in the game? Come'on fellas. It was an honest mistake. I type fast and rarely proofread....just look at all the other errors that I had in that one post. Slats (lol) already pointed out the fact that I basically a moron when it comes to the written word.

Maybe in your own fantasy world that's how it played out, too bad just not in reality.

This is really getting pathetic. You're grasping at straws left and right and making yourself look like a damn fool. What exactly was "misrepresentation" when you were the one theorizing on the meaning of names that were created for the specific intent of not giving anything away? You did it, plain and simple, there's no arguing that. While it wasn't all that big of a deal to begin with, the more you press the issue the bigger moron you look like. There is no distancing going on here, your initial theory was moronic, but wasn't necessarily malicious in nature. Since then your reaction has been a combination of back-pedaling and incessant whining.

It wasn't my theory, dip****. In no way am I backpeddeling because I never presented a theory or made any claim. Here's what I wrote (again):

Does it have meaning? I don't know, but it might depending on how players fall.

This in no way constitutes a theory. But here you are, in the above post, lying once again about what I wrote. We can all see it. It's post #34 in this thread.

So, you call a theory I never came up with to be moronic. So be it, it's not my theory. It's a theory you insist on claiming a came up with and it's BS.

You continue to foster your lie in every post. The more you repeat it the more it will be believed, is that it? Regardless, you're a lying POS and you know it. That's pathetic.

From the opening post: Yes, it seems like PaulieC, Warfish, Jetswin and Chesapeake are here just to have fun

'seems' could mean it's not, but, it's the best I've got to work with. The 1 member cult is an assumption based on the fact that it seems that it can grow. Could be similar to Doggin's first game where Bleedin Green was able to recruit Double Down, or how the bite worked in EY's game. If there are more cult members to start, then the symp is even less likely.

Yeah, you're right. It is almost certainly a four member scum team. I should read those opening posts more carefully.

I did ask Dogin specifically about a cult "team," and he responded:

Yes - and no. The cult leader exists and can recruit, but the mechanics of how are different (and no, I won't tell you how). And the cult wins if it outnumbers the remaining players at the start of the day. As for the other details, PAFO

So maybe it is just one guy.

With 19 players, there are too many variables to try and guess at before we get thru at least one night.

This Joe Cabot and Lefty thing is interesting. I don't understand why they are so hostile so quickly.. Makes me think its a ploy, but i can't believe that it's possible this early..

It makes me think they want to put on some soft music and start undressing each other.

In the meantime what happen to Marcellus? He cried about some nonsense and has gone into hiding since...

So maybe it is just one guy.

With 19 players, there are too many variables to try and guess at before we get thru at least one night.

Agreed. I was looking at it mostly from the perspective of the symp possibility, not to try to perfectly understand the game. From the looks of it, I'd say symp is unlikely, nothing more, nothing less.

The game setup talk is interesting. Please note that nobody should pull a Vic this game. If anyone has a power role, they should not reveal till the last possible minute. If they do, we can almost assume the cult leader will convert them at some point (which I don't think a doc protect can help)

The fact that Doggin told us conversions were possible is interesting as well...

I'm gonna vote here. Lefty, although defensive, seems to be a hyper active voter which is not always a scum sign.

I'm gonna vote for Marcellus. Getting emotional and then disappearing? Doesn't seem like something an innocent guy will do.

Vote- Marcellus

Vote Count:

John Rooney (2) - Tony Soprano, Lefty Ruggerio

Jimmy Conway(1) - Fredo Corleone

Lefty Ruggerio (5) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Frank Costello, Sonny LoSpecchio

Marcellus Wallace (2) - John Rooney, Tony Montana

Fredo Corleone (2) - Henry Hill, Vito Corleone

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

Alright I just cought up on the last 30 or so posts.

It wasn't my theory, dip****. In no way am I backpeddeling because I never presented a theory or made any claim. Here's what I wrote (again):

This in no way constitutes a theory. But here you are, in the above post, lying once again about what I wrote. We can all see it. It's post #34 in this thread.

So, you call a theory I never came up with to be moronic. So be it, it's not my theory. It's a theory you insist on claiming a came up with and it's BS.

You continue to foster your lie in every post. The more you repeat it the more it will be believed, is that it? Regardless, you're a lying POS and you know it. That's pathetic.

This is starting to annoy me. It was your theory you wern't positive that it was true but it was an idea that you come up with. That alone isn't a reason to vote for you. We all make mistakes in this game but nut up admit it and move on. But the defensiveness and the fact that you are denying saying something that we call all read that you said doesn't sit right with me.

I'm gonna vote here. Lefty, although defensive, seems to be a hyper active voter which is not always a scum sign.

I'm gonna vote for Marcellus. Getting emotional and then disappearing? Doesn't seem like something an innocent guy will do.

Vote- Marcellus

I'll get to this later. I have to go catch a train now and wont be back for a couple of hours. Sorry for disappearing again.

Sorry guys, busy weekend.

lefty, your constant need to insult everyone and everything is making me suspicious. your reactions have been piss poor. Being an alt, I can't tell if you just handle pressure poorly or you have the guilty conscience. I also found the timing of the rooney vote to be suspect. I don't really have a better candidate so for now

Vote lefty

Convince me otherwise without insulting. Thanks.

Sorry guys, busy weekend.

lefty, your constant need to insult everyone and everything is making me suspicious. your reactions have been piss poor. Being an alt, I can't tell if you just handle pressure poorly or you have the guilty conscience. I also found the timing of the rooney vote to be suspect. I don't really have a better candidate so for now

Vote lefty

Convince you otherwise? Who the **** are you, a judge? You vote who you want to vote for. I couldn't care less.

I'm not going to tell you who you should or shouldn't vote for. You think the rooney vote was suspicious, so be it.

This Joe Cabot and Lefty thing is interesting. I don't understand why they are so hostile so quickly.. Makes me think its a ploy, but i can't believe that it's possible this early..

Why not?

Lefty is too combative for my taste. I believe Doggin would warn us if there exists an Idiot who wants to get lynched. Like he has warned us of the cult.

For undue hostility, I vote: Lefty.

Alright I just cought up on the last 30 or so posts.

This is starting to annoy me. It was your theory you wern't positive that it was true but it was an idea that you come up with. That alone isn't a reason to vote for you. We all make mistakes in this game but nut up admit it and move on. But the defensiveness and the fact that you are denying saying something that we call all read that you said doesn't sit right with me.

Guess what, it's annoying to me too because it's BS. It wasn't my theory. Of course you all can read it for yourself and I hope that you do. No where do I claim the role assignments mean anything.

We won't know anything until later. There's absolutely no way players could know anything now.

As to the defensiveness? So be it. I'm falsely accused of something and I respond. If that's defensive, I can't do anything about. I'm not going to admit or acquiesce to the notion that I put forth a theory or made a claim I never did.

I'd like to move past this.

Guess what, it's annoying to me too because it's BS. It wasn't my theory. Of course you all can read it for yourself and I hope that you do. No where do I claim the role assignments mean anything.

We won't know anything until later. There's absolutely no way players could know anything now.

As to the defensiveness? So be it. I'm falsely accused of something and I respond. If that's defensive, I can't do anything about. I'm not going to admit or acquiesce to the notion that I put forth a theory or made a claim I never did.

I'd like to move past this.

2 parts SMC one part Vic... an enigma if I ever seen one.

I will say this though.. I'm not particularly fond of how eager everyone is to vote you off but there aren't any other qualified candidates at this juncture.

Lefty is too combative for my taste.

Lefty has gotten awfully defensive and is hurling insults like they're confetti.

I'll cut back on the insults (except for Joe Cabot who's an ahole). But it's ironic that in a game filled with mobsters people are taking umbrage with insults and combative behavior.

2 parts SMC one part Vic... an enigma if I ever seen one.

I will say this though.. I'm not particularly fond of how eager everyone is to vote you off but there aren't any other qualified candidates at this juncture.

And people are complaining about me insulting them and you blindside me with a kick in the balls with that comparison. Thanks.

But that is a mighty fast train we have going there as you point out.

Archived