JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

I agree at the time everyone was very interested in what was being said. I didn't add to the numbers becuase it was just speculation and I was more interested in picking up something I thought might help the town. Not add to the confusion.

In hindsight you guys couldn't be more worng because with only one Cultist dead we still have a game so the numbers in a word,, Sucked.

Virgil you and I have talked quite a bit tonight and kept it very respectful. Please don't start with insults and turn this into something ugly. I am not voluptuous, Im fat. I'll let you slide this time if you let me try on your hat.

No kidding in hindsight the numbers sucked.

You can borrow my hat for the night. It should complement your bosom nicely.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Read through my posts from that morning. I was gradually thinking through the numbers and came to the conclusion that unless we prevented the cult from converting successfully, the game was probably over. I thought stopping them that night was necessary, and it looked pretty hopeless to me so I thought what the hell. I really didn't think there would be much of a "rest of the game" to worry about, but I'm glad there is. I understand in hindsight my plan looks extremely lame but it was a last-ditch effort from me.

Why at that point in the game were you giving a last ditch effort? Your story requires way too much of an explination. Its just not believable.

Yeah, every night (since we've known each other) me and Carlito are able to protect one of us to protect. Just another reason why there is likely not two docs(or healers) in this game. If there were that would mean that 3 people could be protected every night which is not likely IMO

His pm just said NKs.

So this is what you were hiding. Here's the danger, if I was the CL or mafia, my night move definitely would have been used on you **** smokers.

So now the question begs, are one of you now cult since you can only protect yourself from NK's. Thats dangerous if you can protect each other from NK's, becuase really we need our mafia to NK cult and you could ultimately be protecting that from happening.

Yeah, every night (since we've known each other) me and Carlito are able to protect one of us to protect. Just another reason why there is likely not two docs(or healers) in this game. If there were that would mean that 3 people could be protected every night which is not likely IMO

Do one of you have that specific power or do you get to chose which one protects who for the evening...and one of you can only protect the other not both?

Just curious, dont say who has the power if its just one, but I think its important to know how your protecting works.

It should be more than clear by now. My numbers were off, I thought the game could end after that night phase. Simple as that.

Right on, its just doesnt sit well. Nobody else was thinking we were in dire straights like that and the move was just ultra lame.

We need to think this out...

The Doc's. IMO one of you are lying and sorry brother but I am leaning toward you.

The Fags. One can choose one to protect the other each night (from what I understand) which ultimately could hurt the town if one of them was converted which potentially happened last night and Marcellus probably doesnt know because Carlito is a douche.

Ace. I am starting to think he is the last remaining mafia member.

Tony S. He could be cult, dont think he is mafia because of his showdown with Vito.

Jiffy Conway. I'm a roleless townie, but obviously you guys could think I was cult. Dont see how you could think I was mafia after my Vito showdown.

Right now, we actually need the mafia to have a successful cult NK, so I dont think lynching Ace is smart if we decide he is mafia. The general rule of thumb in any game that I have played is lynch all liars, which IMO is Virgil. But I really dont like the way Tony has played since the Vito lynching. He was very active and then all of a sudden stopped. I know he said he was sick, but we cant keep ignoring people because of their out of game alibi's. And then there's the fags, do they help us or hurts us?

Thoughts?

Do one of you have that specific power or do you get to chose which one protects who for the evening...and one of you can only protect the other not both?

Just curious, dont say who has the power if its just one, but I think its important to know how your protecting works.

Right on, its just doesnt sit well. Nobody else was thinking we were in dire straights like that and the move was just ultra lame.

We need to think this out...

The Doc's. IMO one of you are lying and sorry brother but I am leaning toward you.

The Fags. One can choose one to protect the other each night (from what I understand) which ultimately could hurt the town if one of them was converted which potentially happened last night and Marcellus probably doesnt know because Carlito is a douche.

Ace. I am starting to think he is the last remaining mafia member.

Tony S. He could be cult, dont think he is mafia because of his showdown with Vito.

Jiffy Conway. I'm a roleless townie, but obviously you guys could think I was cult. Dont see how you could think I was mafia after my Vito showdown.

Right now, we actually need the mafia to have a successful cult NK, so I dont think lynching Ace is smart if we decide he is mafia. The general rule of thumb in any game that I have played is lynch all liars, which IMO is Virgil. But I really dont like the way Tony has played since the Vito lynching. He was very active and then all of a sudden stopped. I know he said he was sick, but we cant keep ignoring people because of their out of game alibi's. And then there's the fags, do they help us or hurts us?

Thoughts?

I hear ya. I'm leaning towards Virgil. I've been on record as not buying his reveal since he did it. If the dealine we looming, he'd be my vote.

I really still don't hav emuch of a read on Ace. He has done a great job of staying under the radar.

Carlito and Marcelles are the real wildcards, as is Fredo, I guess. I feel like they all froze us with their reveals, especially the pickle kissers. Could they be a cult-lovers type team? Maybe the there is no single cult leader, but they're were the co-chairs, so to speak. If one of them dies, they both do, as does the rest of the cult?

Not a strong theory, but there is no denying that, if it's fake, they've come up with a great reveal that has kept the lynch votes off fo them, to this point.

I don't know exactly who does the protecting exactly. We just decide, give Doggin the name and its done. One protection per night, and we could only do it after we found each other.

Ok, first off sorry about holding up the game, that was extremely rude of me. I will also be more careful about my language.

Anyways, back to the game. I don't think we can take the risk of killing off our healer tonight, because if we knock off the wrong one today then we're completely screwed. I think we need to look at one of our low-laying folk. We need to take out a cult member today and hope that the mafia person takes out cult tonight to have any chance I think. So essentially I think we need to let our two healer claims fight it out and then make a final decision tomorrow.

Unvote: Fredo

In the meantime I feel that we need to look at Conway, Ace and Soprano and look into one of them. Personally, I think that going after Soprano tonight will be our safest bet for nailing cult tonight, he was too eager in his move on Vito to be scum and with all the other claims out there the likelyhood of his being innocent is about nil. I also suspect that either Ace or Conway is our other scum player.

Vote: Tony Soprano

Ok, first off sorry about holding up the game, that was extremely rude of me. I will also be more careful about my language.

Anyways, back to the game. I don't think we can take the risk of killing off our healer tonight, because if we knock off the wrong one today then we're completely screwed. I think we need to look at one of our low-laying folk. We need to take out a cult member today and hope that the mafia person takes out cult tonight to have any chance I think. So essentially I think we need to let our two healer claims fight it out and then make a final decision tomorrow.

Unvote: Fredo

In the meantime I feel that we need to look at Conway, Ace and Soprano and look into one of them. Personally, I think that going after Soprano tonight will be our safest bet for nailing cult tonight, he was too eager in his move on Vito to be scum and with all the other claims out there the likelyhood of his being innocent is about nil. I also suspect that either Ace or Conway is our other scum player.

Vote: Tony Soprano

You might want to direct your apology towards SMC, but ok.

Carlito in your absence some of us where starting to think it's possible that the last scum member may have been converted. I understand your resistance towards going after are healer/DOC but obviously Im working with a touch more insight on that matter.

Though highley unlikely we are both legit I was thinking of anyone I could vote for and give this another day.

You and your chocalte wonder toyboy are a very risky deal, though I do think one of you are guilty, Im not sure I buy both have been converted. So even if we pick and kill the right one, we still may lose a townie. Uless you two are lying then it wouldn't matter. But your claimed would have worked because it makes you to a tuff take.

Jimmy? Very well may be cult. But he hasn't been acting scummy, spearheading the attck on Vito and being very vocal. I actually thought about him quite a bit but again he has answered most pressure on him rather well.

Ace? Could be cult or the last scum member either converted or not. But again not sure I have any better case on him than anyone else in the game.

Soprano? He is my guess at the last possible scum. Maybe cult, or both. I was thinking about voting him, but again, it would be based more on his latching onto cases rather than building his own. Again though, he hasn't done anything I could really go after, when he was pressured he responded rahter ok.

So I have Virgil left. His reveal sucked and everything surrounding his participation in some innocent lynching are suspect. His little short lived push with Vito also didn't sit well with me. The thing I have to decide is do I think Doggin put two Docs in the game. I say no. If he did IH8T you Doggin.

vote; Virgil

Yeah, I really am torn. In fact, since the deadline is not for anout 9 more hours, and I'll be able to read and post all day, I think I'll

unvote

for now. I mean, a good part of me thinks the man-loving peggers are pulling off a great gambit, with a huge wifom keeping votes off of them. Also, Virgil's reveal was so out of left field, and he was under no pressure at all, so why put a huge bullseye on himself, during a night phase of all things?

WTF....this game is freakin' nuts! I wish I had a cool reveal to make! :D

Yeah, I really am torn. In fact, since the deadline is not for anout 9 more hours, and I'll be able to read and post all day, I think I'll

unvote

for now. I mean, a good part of me thinks the man-loving peggers are pulling off a great gambit, with a huge wifom keeping votes off of them. Also, Virgil's reveal was so out of left field, and he was under no pressure at all, so why put a huge bullseye on himself, during a night phase of all things?

I'm confused too Tony. But you do what you think is right. My biggest thing with all these reveals is I HATE being lied to in this game. I hate watching a fake reveal take the town for a ride. Its bugs the living **** out of me. I get that sense from Virgil and the fags but what are we to do?

Can we really risk lynching the fags right now? If we do and they are both town, we are F'ed. I dont think they are, but what do we do? I wonder if they manage to stay alive if they win the game because of it? Also you have to imagine if there is another scumbag left that he is going to try for the fags. That would be the ultimate killing for the mafia. Getting a 2 for 1 and a lynch today would put them in good position to actually make a dramatic comeback and bring this game to the wire.

For some reason I am getting the feeling the cult isnt nearly as strong as we are making them out to be...the CL could be working alone in this mix right now...Virgil. Or the cult consists of only the fags and they devised this plan and have us all by the balls.

Fredo's reveal is the only one I somewhat believe, it makes sense, and it wasnt a totally scummy reveal. He didnt come out firing. He threw it out there and let us talk it out and then made his move. I dont know. Once again, I hate when reveals take the town for a ride but I get a better feeling from him then other 3.

I get the feeling I'm not going to survive the day.

There isn't much more for me to say. I've explained my thought process in great detail, so I hope that can be some help to any remaining townies. Just pay attention to the arguments people have been making against me and who has been the most eager to attack, twisting the facts and using selective logic.

Jimmy? Very well may be cult. But he hasn't been acting scummy, spearheading the attck on Vito and being very vocal. I actually thought about him quite a bit but again he has answered most pressure on him rather well.

Ace? Could be cult or the last scum member either converted or not. But again not sure I have any better case on him than anyone else in the game.

Soprano? He is my guess at the last possible scum. Maybe cult, or both. I was thinking about voting him, but again, it would be based more on his latching onto cases rather than building his own. Again though, he hasn't done anything I could really go after, when he was pressured he responded rahter ok.

So I have Virgil left. His reveal sucked and everything surrounding his participation in some innocent lynching are suspect. His little short lived push with Vito also didn't sit well with me. The thing I have to decide is do I think Doggin put two Docs in the game. I say no. If he did IH8T you Doggin.

vote; Virgil

Jimmy going after Vito and now me seems very cultish to me. Taking out the two players who suspected him of being cult. Let's not forget how his case against Frank suddenly disappeared. You really think he has answered the pressure against him well? Go back and look at all the flip flopping, one minute conceding that what he said wasn't actually true, and the next minute bringing back the same argument.

Again, please elaborate on what you mean by my "participation in some innocent lynching". Interesting that you're now repeating the flawed argument Jimmy keeps making. The only innocent lynching I was a part of was Henry Hill and Sonny LoSpecchio. Last time I checked I wasn't the only one on those. And I was not a part of the John Rooney lynch. Is 2/3 so much worse than everyone else here?

And if your rationale for voting me is that Doggin wouldn't have put 2 docs in the game, then I suspect you know you're next after me, when I come up as the town healer.

I'm confused too Tony. But you do what you think is right. My biggest thing with all these reveals is I HATE being lied to in this game. I hate watching a fake reveal take the town for a ride. Its bugs the living **** out of me. I get that sense from Virgil and the fags but what are we to do?

Can we really risk lynching the fags right now? If we do and they are both town, we are F'ed. I dont think they are, but what do we do? I wonder if they manage to stay alive if they win the game because of it? Also you have to imagine if there is another scumbag left that he is going to try for the fags. That would be the ultimate killing for the mafia. Getting a 2 for 1 and a lynch today would put them in good position to actually make a dramatic comeback and bring this game to the wire.

For some reason I am getting the feeling the cult isnt nearly as strong as we are making them out to be...the CL could be working alone in this mix right now...Virgil. Or the cult consists of only the fags and they devised this plan and have us all by the balls.

Fredo's reveal is the only one I somewhat believe, it makes sense, and it wasnt a totally scummy reveal. He didnt come out firing. He threw it out there and let us talk it out and then made his move. I dont know. Once again, I hate when reveals take the town for a ride but I get a better feeling from him then other 3.

I've done all I can to reassure you I'm not taking the town for a ride, and again I apologize for distracting the town from the real targets. But I've made it clear what my reasoning was at the time.

As I've said, the problem I have with Fredo's reveal is he claims Doggin didn't tell him what he can protect against. Even the lovers had the presence of mind to say Doggin told them they can protect against NKs, whether or not they're lying.

unvote

Exactly, and I hope more people ask themselves that. The point was to put a huge bullseye on myself during a night phase. Why? Because I wanted the cult to take a shot at me.

I'm still having a ton of trouble with Carlito and his silencing claim. We have absolutely no way to explain that right now, yet we're too afraid to get rid of them because we don't want to potentially lose two townies at once.

Jimmy keeps saying we can leave them for tonight, so the scum can shoot them. What's the difference, then. Why not lynch one of them today. Leaving them for the night is no guarantee, and if you're willing to take that risk at night, you should be willing to take that risk during the day.

Why not leave me for the night phase? What's the draw for lynching me now and hoping the scum will shoot Carlito/Marcellus?

Exactly, and I hope more people ask themselves that. The point was to put a huge bullseye on myself during a night phase. Why? Because I wanted the cult to take a shot at me.

I'm still having a ton of trouble with Carlito and his silencing claim. We have absolutely no way to explain that right now, yet we're too afraid to get rid of them because we don't want to potentially lose two townies at once.

Jimmy keeps saying we can leave them for tonight, so the scum can shoot them. What's the difference, then. Why not lynch one of them today. Leaving them for the night is no guarantee, and if you're willing to take that risk at night, you should be willing to take that risk during the day.

Why not leave me for the night phase? What's the draw for lynching me now and hoping the scum will shoot Carlito/Marcellus?

Virgil, I am openly completely confused by everything going on and your reveal is the most confusing of all. That said, maybe I am just trying to get rid of what confuses me the most and the fact you have been pushing me for cult for 2 straight days based off erratic play and a weak case with Frank. I assure you, its just that I'm ****ing lost. And my erratic play hasnt really hurt the town, in fact, we have benefited from it.

I dont know what else to say, I dont feel good about anyone other than you and the fags.

Every time I get a feeling from Tony S. he does something that makes me rethink it...like his unvote of you...his play is just as erratic as mine which makes me think he is innocent as well.

I am almost positive that Ace is the last remaining mafia member. The only other theory is one of the fags are or there is a outside chance Fredo, but I dont think so because he voted for Vito and I just dont see that happening this late in the game. You gotta think that the mafia wouldnt kill off their own and leave them with one man standing.

Bottom line, you, Fredo and the Fags have the town by the balls.

Maybe we should just lynch the fags and see what happens, you make a good point, I am pretty convinced the mafia is going to go that route tonight. The only thing is, we will have a 100% success rate of killing them and the mafia has 50% chance.

Does it make sense to kill mafia right now? If so, then lets take out Ace. I almost positive he is scum.

Does it make sense to take out the fags today? They might be the remaining cult members. Doggin did say in his description that the it was almost "cult like"...maybe he was referring to the fags...but that wouldnt really explain Frank. Maybe one of them is the CL and they were allowed to recruit a selected # of players. Doggin loves to assign restrictions to certain players. Maybe we are all unconvertable at this time and the cult is just the fags, faggin out till the end. It would explain why were are still playing.

Honestly, I have no ****ing clue and I'm open to options but nobody is giving me anything solid. I feel like I am the only one sticking my neck out.

Virgil, I am openly completely confused by everything going on and your reveal is the most confusing of all. That said, maybe I am just trying to get rid of what confuses me the most and the fact you have been pushing me for cult for 2 straight days based off erratic play and a weak case with Frank. I assure you, its just that I'm ****ing lost. And my erratic play hasnt really hurt the town, in fact, we have benefited from it.

I dont know what else to say, I dont feel good about anyone other than you and the fags.

Every time I get a feeling from Tony S. he does something that makes me rethink it...like his unvote of you...his play is just as erratic as mine which makes me think he is innocent as well.

I am almost positive that Ace is the last remaining mafia member. The only other theory is one of the fags are or there is a outside chance Fredo, but I dont think so because he voted for Vito and I just dont see that happening this late in the game. You gotta think that the mafia wouldnt kill off their own and leave them with one man standing.

Bottom line, you, Fredo and the Fags have the town by the balls.

Maybe we should just lynch the fags and see what happens, you make a good point, I am pretty convinced the mafia is going to go that route tonight. The only thing is, we will have a 100% success rate of killing them and the mafia has 50% chance.

Does it make sense to kill mafia right now? If so, then lets take out Ace. I almost positive he is scum.

Does it make sense to take out the fags today? They might be the remaining cult members. Doggin did say in his description that the it was almost "cult like"...maybe he was referring to the fags...but that wouldnt really explain Frank. Maybe one of them is the CL and they were allowed to recruit a selected # of players. Doggin loves to assign restrictions to certain players. Maybe we are all unconvertable at this time and the cult is just the fags, faggin out till the end. It would explain why were are still playing.

Honestly, I have no ****ing clue and I'm open to options but nobody is giving me anything solid. I feel like I am the only one sticking my neck out.

I think that's where I'm going. Swing for the fences time.

Vote - Carlito

I'm saying that the two docter claims both know whether they are real or fake, where we don't, its also a very unprovable situation. I think this lynch is too important to spend on killing the wrong doctor.

I would rather go after somebody who's almost certainly cult at this point, and I think you are our safest bet.

I'm saying that the two docter claims both know whether they are real or fake, where we don't, its also a very unprovable situation. I think this lynch is too important to spend on killing the wrong doctor.

I would rather go after somebody who's almost certainly cult at this point, and I think you are our safest bet.

I agree completely with this post, although I could flip a coin between Soprano and Conway personally regarding who's most likely to be cult. I'm not willing to vote for one of the "lovers",one of the "docs", or myself at this point anyway so that's who I'm left with. If we lynch one of them I feel real confident we'll hit cult

Vote: Soprano

Vote Count

Tony Soprano (2) - Carlito Brigante, Ace Rothstein

Virgil Sollozzo (3) - Jimmy Conway, Fredo Corleone, Marcellus Wallace

Carlito Brigante (1) - Tony Soprano

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch

Day will end Monday at 9pm

Archived