JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

Slats, the cult was only me and Fredo at that point. I only had Frank for 2 days. It wasnt cult filled. You were just a deer in headlights when you came back and the train was formed.

You played really well though, I tried to recruit you. And for the record Crusher was begging me all along to recruit you and I wouldnt listen to him. He was getting pissed...lol...and I was getting a bit jealous. He had a major hard on for you.

I didn't know Fredo was cult until he voted to lynch me. Then I knew for sure. His reveal as the doc was so completely unbelievable that I couldn't believe that people were believing it!

I screwed up at my end. I think I lost sleep that night! If I had made it to the wifom, I could've blocked Virgil after giving all sorts of assurances that he'd have a fair shot at the win. :D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

You have more of a tell then CTM.

I didn't know Fredo was cult until he voted to lynch me. Then I knew for sure. His reveal as the doc was so completely unbelievable that I couldn't believe that people were believing it!

I screwed up at my end. I think I lost sleep that night! If I had made it to the wifom, I could've blocked Virgil after giving all sorts of assurances that he'd have a fair shot at the win. :D

LOL!!! You played flawlessly until the collapse at the end. It became obvious you were scum.

Great game, guys. Thanks, Doggin, for creating such a fantastic game.

Congrats to the Town. It came down to a WIFOM and Ace/Shutout made the best choice he could think of (I was 100% behind it), but it didn't work out. That was exciting.

And Bleedin, props to you on Joe Cabot. You were a completely different poster with him.

Alright, I'm going to mod the next one... most people have posted, but no one wants to step up it seems. Like I said, basic game... 17 players.

Will start a fresh sign-up thread. Recycling an old game flavor.

Can I put in an early "in".... might miss the sign up thread depending on when it's posted.

What? I thought it was good. Weren't you already dead?

You do, but I ain't telling what it is. ;-)

I had no idea that Henry was EY until he screwed up, then I knew I wanted him gone. You seeming to believe he was the CL took me by surprise, because to me it was obvious that he wasn't - he was just pissed about dropping the curtain and becoming a target. But you helped me on that front.

Vic killed himself with his attack on Henry and his invisibility. SMC got caught with Cabot's investigation. Without that, I think he could've pulled it out another day. I didn't hold either of those against you. I thought we were friends.

I got greedy and impatient. I should've laid back. I was also going to claim to be the town role-blocker, but I didn't have my story straight in my head. That cult-filled train moved extremely quickly.

ih8u, JiF.

Good self analysis.. You had played so clean then it ebcame obvious you were anxious for a lynch the day they got you.

Overall, you played great. I had you as one of the more innocent players when I went down. Which is funny, cause if you left me alive I was going to go hard after Carlito and probably would've taken the two of them down. :D

IN terms of EY, at first I didn't believe him, but he convinced me and there was also a principle at stake there.

I was planning to protect JiF. For fun/variety (to actually use my doctor powers to protect someone else) and because if I guess wrong I feel that I deserve to be the one to get killed.

Would that have been the wrong choice again?

This is what Dan told me 8 years ago when we played that crazy cops game before this one. I asked him who he would've protected had it come down to a WIFOM situation. If only I had an idea that Dan=Virgil...

This is what Dan told me 8 years ago when we played that crazy cops game before this one. I asked him who he would've protected had it come down to a WIFOM situation. If only I had an idea that Dan=Virgil...

I thought it was pretty obvious by the end who I was, so I was worried you'd remember me saying that, haha. In the beginning I was really careful to write in short, choppy sentences, often leaving out the subjects of the sentences. None of my early posts were more than a few sentences long, but nobody seemed to notice as long as I kept my post count high. No smilies, I intentionally misused commas and other punctuation, and I didn't use any contractions. Then when everything fell apart I gave up on that and figured I'd be dead almost immediately anyway. :P

I was fairly sure you were scum, too, but wanted to keep you on my side as long as I thought we were both hunting cult. I really lucked out on that, you could have killed me whenever you wanted.

Sucks being killed so quickly. I'm looking forward to the next time I get to play cop again. I was down to investigating either Frank or Vito night 1 if I wanted to look for mafia and Capone if I wanted to look for the cult leader. So I'm pretty happy with my instincts there. It was a frustrating game to watch considering all the mistakes that the town seemed to be making. I guess the end justify the means though, so good job.

Also, nobody noticed that Vito was the only guy in on every lynch up to his? Isn't that a little peculiar?

What? I thought it was good. Weren't you already dead?

Haha! I totally believed Dan. I went off on him because I thought it might be in my best interests in the future if I threw some uncertainty in there.

I definitely knew there wouldn't be one cure-all doc (Dan), and another lesser doc. I would've made it a priority to kill one of the docs if I was still living, with you being the guy I was focused on.

Up until your vote on me, though, I thought you were innocent. We had a nice father/son thing going.

Also, nobody noticed that Vito was the only guy in on every lynch up to his? Isn't that a little peculiar?

I didn't notice that until late in the game when people were talking about Virgil not being in on "successful" lynches that took out townies. I was very happy that no one else noticed.

I thought it was pretty obvious by the end who I was, so I was worried you'd remember me saying that, haha. In the beginning I was really careful to write in short, choppy sentences, often leaving out the subjects of the sentences. None of my early posts were more than a few sentences long, but nobody seemed to notice as long as I kept my post count high. No smilies, I intentionally misused commas and other punctuation, and I didn't use any contractions. Then when everything fell apart I gave up on that and figured I'd be dead almost immediately anyway. :P

Honestly I stopped trying to figure out who was really who fairly early. If I remember correctly the reason I gave up on that was because I suggested NK'ing someone cause I thought it was SMC...Only to have Lefty respond to me and let me know that HE was SMC :bag:

I don't think I did anything too different than I normally would (other than posting a hell of a lot less) but it actually was an advantage as I was at least able to figure out who JVOR was based on him figuring out who I was

Haha! I totally believed Dan. I went off on him because I thought it might be in my best interests in the future if I threw some uncertainty in there.

I definitely knew there wouldn't be one cure-all doc (Dan), and another lesser doc. I would've made it a priority to kill one of the docs if I was still living, with you being the guy I was focused on.

Up until your vote on me, though, I thought you were innocent. We had a nice father/son thing going.

I didn't notice that until late in the game when people were talking about Virgil not being in on "successful" lynches that took out townies. I was very happy that no one else noticed.

actually dude I thought you where Virgil. Your one line about having it bad if my boy called you stupid was one of the best of the game.

actually dude I thought you where Virgil. Your one line about having it bad if my boy called you stupid was one of the best of the game.

Ha! I'm probably not flattered that you thought Dan's intentionally dumbed down posting style was me!

Although in fairness, I do drop subjects and alternate between overusing commas or dropping them completely in favor of short choppy sentences.

Dan's slats impersonation would've been complete if instead of eliminating contractions, he overused them (i.e.: wouldn't've) - which I went out of my way to avoid the entire game (along with most contractions). That would've been my tell.

Great game, guys. Thanks, Doggin, for creating such a fantastic game.

Congrats to the Town. It came down to a WIFOM and Ace/Shutout made the best choice he could think of (I was 100% behind it), but it didn't work out. That was exciting.

And Bleedin, props to you on Joe Cabot. You were a completely different poster with him.

Oh yeah, how did that go? Who did Ace pick?

Ha! I'm probably not flattered that you thought Dan's intentionally dumbed down posting style was me!

Although in fairness, I do drop subjects and alternate between overusing commas or dropping them completely in favor of short choppy sentences.

Dan's slats impersonation would've been complete if instead of eliminating contractions, he overused them (i.e.: wouldn't've) - which I went out of my way to avoid the entire game (along with most contractions). That would've been my tell.

Ha, I wasn't intentionally impersonating you, although I was probably channeling different people at different times. I was basically trying an amalgamation of posting styles different from my own. The lack of contractions (until I gave up at the end) was just to add another level of unfamiliarity.

Oh yeah, how did that go? Who did Ace pick?

He picked you, but I was protecting you, too.

Archived