"The ball flies out in right field like it

Matt39

Wow, the new Stadium might be even worse than the team. WHat a complete trainwreck the new Stadium is.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/05/07/even-mariano-yikes/#comments

[Meanwhile, who gets fired for screwing up the new Yankee Stadium? The ball flies out in right field like it’s shot out of a cannon. We were lied to when they said the dimensions are the same. They’re obviously not. The wall is significantly shorter and the the gap in right field goes straight across, not out like it did at the old Stadium.

Between the homer-happy dimensions, Monument Cave, the prison-wall white concrete in the outfield and the empty premium seats, the new park needs a lot of work.

The new Stadium is gorgeous and the kinks will be worked out. You don't spend 1.5 billion dollars on a project, and stop there when there are a handful of things to fix. They'll get it done.

In the mean time, the goods still far, far outweigh the bads in the new place.

The new Stadium is gorgeous and the kinks will be worked out. You don't spend 1.5 billion dollars on a project, and stop there when there are a handful of things to fix. They'll get it done.

Air currents is a tough thing to overcome.

What moron bought off on the 1000s of obstructed view seats?

That is a sign of an absent management team and another example of this poorly run franchise.

What moron bought off on the 1000s of obstructed view seats?

That is a sign of an absent management team and another example of this poorly run franchise.

Yankee stadium has 1000's of obstructed view seats? Where?

I know citifield had an issue with that. And yes, the Yankees are poorly run. LOL that is comical.

Yankee stadium has 1000's of obstructed view seats? Where?

I know citifield had an issue with that. And yes, the Yankees are poorly run. LOL that is comical.

Ask people in sections 201 and 239 that sit along the Sports Bar wall how much of the field they can see.

cheap_span.jpg

And this picture was not even taken against the wall and you only miss half the outfield and 75% of the homeruns.

Well I think you stretch it with THOUSANDS of obstructed view seats. Those are the bleachers btw. Oh and those seats cost $5.

A bit of a reach in your Yankee hatred my friend.

Well I think you stretch it with THOUSANDS of obstructed view seats. Those are the bleachers btw. Oh and those seats cost $5.

A bit of a reach in your Yankee hatred my friend.

The new stadium looks grand and pretty I guess.

But like Trost said "We built a 5 star hotel with a diamond in the middle."

I absolutley hate the new Stadium. Home field advantage was a huge part of the Old Stadium and now there is none. Add in the empty seats, absurd prices and now you have a complete disaster imo.

From other things I've heard is that where they built the stadium that wind should be coming off the Harlem and could change the wind patterns in the actual stadium. What's obstructing that now is... the old stadium. Things might change when they knock the old place down.

Look, all stadiums have problems when they open up. This stadium still needs a ton of work and things to fix it and it's contingent for management to fix these errors throughout the season rather wait till the end of the year. JMO.

The new stadium looks grand and pretty I guess.

But like Trost said "We built a 5 star hotel with a diamond in the middle."

I absolutley hate the new Stadium. Home field advantage was a huge part of the Old Stadium and now there is none. Add in the empty seats, absurd prices and now you have a complete disaster imo.

We're a month and a half into it... the truth is that baseball is a BUSINESS and the Yankees are gonna react to this market. I can't see them keeping these prices and keeping those seats empty. They need to act soon to rectify that issue.

We're a month and a half into it... the truth is that baseball is a BUSINESS and the Yankees are gonna react to this market. I can't see them keeping these prices and keeping those seats empty. They need to act soon to rectify that issue.

The Old Stadium sold out every night...that seemed like pretty good business to me.

The Old Stadium sold out every night...that seemed like pretty good business to me.

It was, but it was an OLD stadium. They need to react to the market and acknowledge that they need to eat some costs this year. Once people get butts in the seats and the economy turns... the prices will rise, that's the way of any business.

Here's the other thing, and this is me thinking from a business perspective, you lower the price of the tickets get butts in the seats right? The more people there are in the gorgeous new stadium, the more people get up to buy food, programs, hats, jerseys, etc. That is what the Yankee organization needs to realize. They are losing out on more money because they want thousand dollar seats, just lower seats across the board.

Air currents is a tough thing to overcome.

Really? Ever been to Giants Stadium? Winds are manipulated there down on the field all the time.

It's early in the season. You or anyone else has no idea how the wind will play in the warmer summer months.

We also will need to see what happens when the old stadium is knocked down.

Meanwhile, there are a plethora of things that engineers can do in the current stadium to work on some of these things.

Really? Ever been to Giants Stadium? Winds are manipulated there down on the field all the time.

It's early in the season. You or anyone else has no idea how the wind will play in the warmer summer months.

We also will need to see what happens when the old stadium is knocked down.

Meanwhile, there are a plethora of things that engineers can do in the current stadium to work on some of these things.

Tell that to your beleaguered pitching staff ;)

They're to blame as much as the "wind". It's not like most of these homers are fence-scrapers.

The Yankees are hitting homers as well, it is not just pitching alone, it is the ballpark.

Have you seen some of those homers off the bat? They look like routine fly balls. That carry, and carry, and carry.

Tough to protect a pitching staff in that type of atmosphere.

i think every stadium has certain seats with crappy views. what i'd be more concerned with is if your team built itself a bandbox or not. one thing i like about citifield is that it plays big......they might have to consider moving the fences back at yannkee stadium if it continues to play small. unless they want a bandbox, in which case if i were a fan i'd be pissed.

Jesus H Christ, get over it already. Everyday with the bitching and moaning about the new stadium:rolleyes:

Comerica Park, which I will easily say is one of the top stadiums in MLB, wasn't perfect at first. The left field fence was so god damned far back that it was nearly impossible to hit a HR down the 3B line, left alone anywhere in the vicinity of the power alley. The bullpen was just behind the right field wall and while kind of cool, it was a basically a giant void where there could have been great seats.

The result: They filled the old bullpen in with new seats, great outfield seats I might add, and brought the left field fences in and put new bullpens in the newfound void. It looks great and it was a fantastic response to problems that were obvious the first year it was opened.

Hell, there is still work and improvements going on at the place 9 years later. The dugouts, which are so huge you could seat the Morman Tabernacle Choir inside it and still have room for a MLB team and an isolated pitcher working on a no-no, are slated to be "contracted" and the new space filled with premium seats.

The new Yankee stadium will be fine and the kinks will be worked out, just like any new house.

The 1976 version of the Stadium had it's power alley walls moved closer 2 times. Not quite sure what the can do about moving the new Stadium wall back without taking out seats.And theya ren't going to talke out seats against the outfield walls.

It's a beautiful place, and I'm impressed with the Yankees committment to making their staff as fan-friendly as they can. You will get hit over the head with the cash register for the privilege.From the parks I've been to, it's way nicer than new Comiskey or Camden.

Bigger problems- I spoke to an NYPD cop assigned to the detail there every day. Not every employee is on board with the Disneyfied version of customers service. In less than a month 2 employees have been collared for swiping customers' credit/ATM card data and using it. And counterfeit tickets being scalped is rampant.

I like to have a few pops,and more than that in my younger days. But the boozing at the new Stadium is like a rock concert every night,and it's in danger of getting out of hand. The drunkness in and around the Stadium is worse than it has ever been. We're not talking polishing off a Bud tall boy or 2 and getting buzzed outside, we're talking people who are effed up at 6:30, and legless on the way out. Far be it for me to knock tailgating, but Yankee games have become such a destination that boozing in and around the Stadium and it's parking lots is getting way out of hand, people tailgaing at 7AM for a night game. What I saw Wednesday was kinda scary; there are a lot of people who show up looking to party and don't care about baseball at all. The bars inside the stadium were teeming with drunks.

I like to have a few pops,and more than that in my younger days. But the boozing at the new Stadium is like a rock concert every night,and it's in danger of getting out of hand. The drunkness in and around the Stadium is worse than it has ever been. We're not talking polishing off a Bud tall boy or 2 and getting buzzed outside, we're talking people who are effed up at 6:30, and legless on the way out. Far be it for me to knock tailgating, but Yankee games have become such a destination that boozing in and around the Stadium and it's parking lots is getting way out of hand, people tailgaing at 7AM for a night game. What I saw Wednesday was kinda scary; there are a lot of people who show up looking to party and don't care about baseball at all. The bars inside the stadium were teeming with drunks.

Great post.

Citizens Bank Park has its drinking problems, too.

On College nights, forget it. The parking lots, at the end of the game is a wasteland of empty bottles lying literally every square foot. It is a disaster area.

The trip to the ole ball yard has become synonymous with "Lets go out and get trashed".

The 1976 version of the Stadium had it's power alley walls moved closer 2 times. Not quite sure what the can do about moving the new Stadium wall back without taking out seats.And theya ren't going to talke out seats against the outfield walls.

It's a beautiful place, and I'm impressed with the Yankees committment to making their staff as fan-friendly as they can. You will get hit over the head with the cash register for the privilege.From the parks I've been to, it's way nicer than new Comiskey or Camden.

Bigger problems- I spoke to an NYPD cop assigned to the detail there every day. Not every employee is on board with the Disneyfied version of customers service. In less than a month 2 employees have been collared for swiping customers' credit/ATM card data and using it. And counterfeit tickets being scalped is rampant.

People drink...this is nothing new.

i have plenty of funnyt pics saved to my computer.........i keep them in a folder called "funny sh*t"

here's one of the pics for instance:

untitled.jpg

I try not to save my illicit gay photos on my work computer

The old stadium didn't always sell out every night. Even when they were winning Championships they didn't draw 50k plus per night.

When did that change? After they traded for ARod. Crazy but true.

Archived