Yankees vs Orioles @ Camden Yards

Vicious89x

New York Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles

nyy.gif..............bal.gif

Tonight: LHP CC Sabathia (1-3, 4.85) vs. RHP Jeremy Guthrie (2-2, 5.05), 7:05, YES

Saturday: RHP Phil Hughes (1-1, 2.70) vs. RHP Adam Eaton (1-3, 7.18), 7:05, YES

Sunday: RHP Joba Chamberlain (1-1, 3.77) vs. RHP Koji Uehara (2-3, 4.42), 1:35, YES

Christ do we need 2 of 3 at LEAST here. CC needs to earn his keep. I know it's early but we need him to be a stopper.

I hope to see a continuation of dominance from Joba to carry over, and would like to see Hughes be more aggressive with batters. Stop taking pages out of the Mussina book of pitching.

You're right. It will help to have ARod back, but it's time for CC and the staff to get in gear.

CC's been showing some signs lately. Hopefully he turns a corner tonight and we can ride him the rest of the season.

No homo?

We need a lot of stuff to work, but this team needs to find itself and get its pitching staff and batting in order.

Honestly I think "home" is a toxic atmosphere right now. Balls flying out everywhere, empty seats close to home, lots of booing, etc. I'd love to get a sweep but 2 of 3 is a must.

No homo?

We need a lot of stuff to work, but this team needs to find itself and get its pitching staff and batting in order.

Honestly I think "home" is a toxic atmosphere right now. Balls flying out everywhere, empty seats close to home, lots of booing, etc. I'd love to get a sweep but 2 of 3 is a must.

The Yanks have to get 2 out of 3 this weekend. This team has no confidence right now. Maybe winning a series against a divisional rival will get them started. I think we're 3-9 against the AL East so far.

I wonder how the O's fans will treat Teixiera? Right now they should be happy that he didn't sign with them.

The Yanks have to get 2 out of 3 this weekend. This team has no confidence right now. Maybe winning a series against a divisional rival will get them started. I think we're 3-9 against the AL East so far.

I wonder how the O's fans will treat Teixiera? Right now they should be happy that he didn't sign with them.

They'll treat him about as well as he's getting treated at Yankee stadium lol. I'm hoping that he starts turning it on in the next week or two.

They'll treat him about as well as he's getting treated at Yankee stadium lol. I'm hoping that he starts turning it on in the next week or two.

I'm hoping that ARod's return will take some pressure off of Teixiera.

Christ do we need 2 of 3 at LEAST here. CC needs to earn his keep. I know it's early but we need him to be a stopper.

I hope to see a continuation of dominance from Joba to carry over, and would like to see Hughes be more aggressive with batters. Stop taking pages out of the Mussina book of pitching.

Joba has yet to dominate. I understand the excitement over how he ended his last start but he remains a constant struggle to get through 6 innings.

Last 2 starts showed signs but the complete effort has not showed up yet.

Nice to see #13

YANKEES (13-15)

Jeter SS

Damon LF

Teixeira 1B

Rodriguez 3B

Matsui DH

Swisher RF

Cano 2B

Cabrera CF

Cervelli C

Pitching: LHP CC Sabathia (1-3, 4.85).

:yahoo:

Joba has yet to dominate. I understand the excitement over how he ended his last start but he remains a constant struggle to get through 6 innings.

Last 2 starts showed signs but the complete effort has not showed up yet.

I dunno... the last 5 innings was pretty dominating.

Although I'd settle for CONSISTENCY.

It actually feels much worse than that.

It's been pretty terrible. That and the bull pen have been brutal this year. Yea coke has been ok, but there's plenty of guys in there struggling. Tomko down in AAA is pitching like 1.something ERA, he should be called up IMO.

The catching situation is bad for us as well.

It's been pretty terrible. That and the bull pen have been brutal this year. Yea coke has been ok, but there's plenty of guys in there struggling. Tomko down in AAA is pitching like 1.something ERA, he should be called up IMO.

The catching situation is bad for us as well.

It's been a perfect **** storm for the Yankees so far. The ARod steroid deal, injuries to Posada, ARod, Bruney, Matsui, Molina. Who the hell knows what's wrong with Wang. Gardner has been a bust in center. The bullpen has been awful. Teixiera has started poorly. CC, Pettite, Burnett have been inconsistent. No clutch hitting. Poor fielding. Problems with the new stadium. Getting whipped by the Red Sox. Mariano giving up 4 home runs. Terrible managing by Girardi.

Thankfully their not that far behind the Red Sox. However, the Red Sox have had inconsistent starting pitching from Beckett, Lester, Penny and Masterson. Dice K has been hurt. They have Nick Green playing shortstop. Youk has been out the past few days. And they're 18-11.

At least it's the beginning of May. But if Mariano is losing it, we're screwed and probably looking at third or fourth place.

It's been a perfect **** storm for the Yankees so far. The ARod steroid deal, injuries to Posada, ARod, Bruney, Matsui, Molina. Who the hell knows what's wrong with Wang. Gardner has been a bust in center. The bullpen has been awful. Teixiera has started poorly. CC, Pettite, Burnett have been inconsistent. No clutch hitting. Poor fielding. Problems with the new stadium. Getting whipped by the Red Sox. Mariano giving up 4 home runs. Terrible managing by Girardi.

Thankfully their not that far behind the Red Sox. However, the Red Sox have had inconsistent starting pitching from Beckett, Lester, Penny and Masterson. Dice K has been hurt. They have Nick Green playing shortstop. Youk has been out the past few days. And they're 18-11.

At least it's the beginning of May. But if Mariano is losing it, we're screwed and probably looking at third or fourth place.

It's scary to think Mariano is human lol.

That's the thing, we've treaded water, if A-rod can boost this lineup and Tex gets hot, we're talking about a different dynamic in this lineup. I've kept my head up as a Yankee fan and I'm not ready to jump off the ledge yet.

Yankees optioned RHP Mark Melancon to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Melancon makes way for A-Rod. After tearing through the minors, Melancon's five walks in 3 2/3 major-league innings can't have endeared him to manager Joe Girardi. But since no one is excelling in that Yankee bullpen, Melancon will likely get another shot soon -- and justifiably so, based on his minor-league numbers.

Another Tyler hyped too soon player temporarily bites the dust.

Archived