Which is the more damning sin in baseball:

Scott Dierking

Betting on the game could also have an outcome on the game no?As a player or a manager you can do something to impact the outcome.

If the player or manager bet AGAINST his own team, then definitely.

Does baseball have lines? Or is it just straight up? If it has lines, then yes, I agree betting on your own team is pretty ****ing bad.

Does baseball have lines? Or is it just straight up? If it has lines, then yes, I agree betting on your own team is pretty ****ing bad.

I believe there are over/unders in runs scored, but it is a W or L proposition with appropriate odds.

Well I'll for me tipping pitches and betting are a hair difference, their both the two worst things you can do.

I can say even that if you bet on your team to WIN you might say, bring in a bullpen arm you trust but is tired and cause an injury, play star players when they're tired, keep starters in longer to avoid bullpen issues, etc.

I think we both agree that the fact that people in the game are doing something that are directly impacting games are the two cardinal sins.

PEDS impact games as well but it's such a widespread epidemic and with names constantly coming out you can almost assume most players were on it at some point.

I believe there are over/unders in runs scored, but it is a W or L proposition with appropriate odds.

Personally it's splitting hairs. The point is with both tipping of pitches and betting on you approach the game differently. That's why I think both are worse... with betting being worse because you get a manager involved and that's someone who has a **** ton more control then say a player in the field.

Personally it's splitting hairs. The point is with both tipping of pitches and betting on you approach the game differently. That's why I think both are worse... with betting being worse because you get a manager involved and that's someone who has a **** ton more control then say a player in the field.

agreed

Maybe I would have responded to it if it wasn't prefaced with an insult.

If someone has a different opinion than you, it doesn't make them 12 years old and it doesn't mean they "know nothing about sports". It means that you're an immature jackass that can't handle when someone dares have a different opinion than you.

I find the "everybody's doing it" excuse to be childish and immature. You understand now?

"Everybody's doing it" is the excuse of a child. It denotes an immature attitude. Just because many players used steroids it doesn't make any one particular player any less wrong for having done it.

Stop being overly sensitive.

The point is, I get that I am a jerk.

There are some people that need to be hit in the face with it, and still don't get it

Think about it....

The guy got the JI Political Forum shut down. You can't be any more *****ed up than that.

Think about it....

The guy got the JI Political Forum shut down. You can't be any more *****ed up than that.

Umm, you fail yet again JetMo.

The politics forum shut down four months after I stopped posting on JI.

The forum shut down thanks to the insane old man who cause the Oct. '08 exodus.

Umm, you fail yet again JetMo.

The politics forum shut down four months after I stopped posting on JI.

The forum shut down thanks to the insane old man who cause the Oct. '08 exodus.

Riiiiiiight, you had nothing to do with it.

Riiiiiiight, you had nothing to do with it.

I know your brain doesn't function like a normal human but, try and keep up:

Hammer's insane crush on Sarah Palin caused the meltdown in OCTOBER that led to the mass exodus of posters from JI to JN.

In JANUARY, another blowup in the politics forum, caused by several posters (I'm not sure which since I haven't so much as read JI since I left) caused Sean to shut down the politics forum and prompted BergenJet and CTM to start the Politics for Jets Fans board that you enjoy frequenting to threaten to beat up those who disagree with you.

I know your brain doesn't function like a normal human but, try and keep up:

Hammer's insane crush on Sarah Palin caused the meltdown in OCTOBER that led to the mass exodus of posters from JI to JN.

In JANUARY, another blowup in the politics forum, caused by several posters (I'm not sure which since I haven't so much as read JI since I left) caused Sean to shut down the politics forum and prompted BergenJet and CTM to start the Politics for Jets Fans board that you enjoy frequenting to threaten to beat up those who disagree with you.

Gee, I'm sure there is another side of this story.

You can hope all you want but I posted a thread the day I started posting here fulltime by reposting my last ever post at JI which details the entire episode.

I dunno, but if you find that you are constantly lying to rationalize your behavoir, then perhaps there might be something wrong with it?

Just an idea. You don't have to run with it.

I dunno, but if you find that you are constantly lying to rationalize your behavoir, then perhaps there might be something wrong with it?

Just an idea. You don't have to run with it.

Why are you dancing around the issue. If you have something to say, say it. You think he had the forum closed. Stop hinting at it and say what you think he did.

Grow up and get over it.

I am not going to apologize for calling out stupid comments. If you take it personally, tough. Grow a thicker skin.

I guess you are choosing not to address the idiocy of the "everybody's doing it" defense.

Troll brings up a good point. You can disagree but there is no reason to attack him. As a former mod I would think you would know that.

You knew there would be trouble with this thread, but I don't think this was the trouble you anticipated.

Nobody bit on the ARod bait but all hell broke loose anyway. The interweb is nothing but unpredictable.

Archived