UFC 2009 Undisputed

TaborJet

Fought online for the first time last night. My record now stands at 0-5. :bag:

I think I might have to practice fighting the CPU on Expert...

It takes some time. I didn't even know there were difficulty levels. :lol: I fought 12 online fights before I got my first victory. A lot of online opponents have no clue when it comes to the ground game. If they just keep throwing bombs at you shoot in and take them down. Get the mount and ground and pound their skull into the mat. :lol:

It takes some time. I didn't even know there were difficulty levels. :lol: I fought 12 online fights before I got my first victory. A lot of online opponents have no clue when it comes to the ground game. If they just keep throwing bombs at you shoot in and take them down. Get the mount and ground and pound their skull into the mat. :lol:

Well, the other factor is that 4 of the 5 fights were against opponents with levels around 100... the other was a 66 or so.

Well, the other factor is that 4 of the 5 fights were against opponents with levels around 100... the other was a 66 or so.

:lol: Yeah, I think I only beat one guy that was over 100. Probably pretty lucky too. I caught him with a head kick and down he went. :headbang:

Only played it a few times and for me it was borderline unplayable. From all the opinions here it would seem like I'm missing something. But I didn't like how much button mashing happened, that and sometimes buttons pressed wouldn't register. I don't know - theres hope though its there first go at this.

Only played it a few times and for me it was borderline unplayable. From all the opinions here it would seem like I'm missing something. But I didn't like how much button mashing happened, that and sometimes buttons pressed wouldn't register. I don't know - theres hope though its there first go at this.

As far as I can tell, the only time you should have to button mash is if you're trying to attempt/break a submission and your submission offense/defense is low, but your strength is high (ie. Lesnar).

I mostly use BJJ guys, so I'm almost never button mashing. I do, however, circle the right analog stick like a maniac during a submission attempt/break.

As far as I can tell, the only time you should have to button mash is if you're trying to attempt/break a submission and your submission offense/defense is low, but your strength is high (ie. Lesnar).

I mostly use BJJ guys, so I'm almost never button mashing. I do, however, circle the right analog stick like a maniac during a submission attempt/break.

It's probably just because I don't know how to play - and I wasn't use to losing in video games. I put in way too much time as a kid to lose any game 3 times in a row.

I'll stick to shooters and NHL.

It's probably just because I don't know how to play - and I wasn't use to losing in video games. I put in way too much time as a kid to lose any game 3 times in a row.

I'll stick to shooters and NHL.

Do the training stuff. That helps a ton. Also you can spar and if you pause it will give you a list of every move and how to do them.

Okay, you know what I have found that I hate about online play? These a-holes who use GSP and Anderson Silva. There really isn't anyone else in their league in those weight classes. I went against a guy who was using GSP last night and I used BJ Penn. He choked me out within 30 seconds. :cussing:

Okay, you know what I have found that I hate about online play? These a-holes who use GSP and Anderson Silva. There really isn't anyone else in their league in those weight classes. I went against a guy who was using GSP last night and I used BJ Penn. He choked me out within 30 seconds. :cussing:

Those guys are annoying, and those weight classes pretty much suck. I use lightweight and light heavy. They need to add some more fighters but that prob won't happen.

I hate when someone gets on the ground and just holds right stick over so u cant transition them and they can sit there the whole fight......bc the ref never stands anyone up.

Me too. They eventually knock you out. I'm still trying to figure out how to defend against that. So far, I've found that if you throw some punches from the bottom, when he's holding the right stick, and then quickly try to reverse it. Don't waste too much energy though.

I've also learned how to do that and if I get a level 50 or above in the mount I will definitely sit there and hold them because I want to knock them the **** out.

Yeah there's some issues I've had with this game. Seems a bit rushed, and they gave some crappy excuses as to why certain fighters weren't allowed in the game. No southpaw, individual stances (like machida's) but it's all good. Still a crazy good fighting game.

Archived