Orioles just punked Joba and the Yankees

Barton

What did Huff do?

He did a fake ass fist pump twice, mocking joba. after rounding 1st base and then again when he touched home.

i dont care that he's right. are the yankees really gonna let the orioles punk them like that now?? :bag:

Where is Strawberry when you need him??

He did a fake ass fist pump twice, mocking joba. after rounding 1st base and then again when he touched home.

i dont care that he's right. are the yankees really gonna let the orioles punk them like that now?? :bag:

Throw at his a$$ next at bat. Can't let him get away with that $hit.

What a jerk...

Joba's last fist pump was in a game he was trailing 4-0.

That doesn't sit well with some players. End of the game or to keep a game within a run would be better tolerated I guess.

More disturbing is this constant struggle to go 5 innings.....same thing happened with Hughes and Kennedy last season and this one.

That doesn't sit well with some players. End of the game or to keep a game within a run would be better tolerated I guess.

More disturbing is this constant struggle to go 5 innings.....same thing happened with Hughes and Kennedy last season and this one.

Aubrey Huff is still gay though.

It was pretty lame, but mostly because it's an imitation. Joba's fist-pumping is a bit weak, too.

Still, I hope he dusts Huff, just for my entertainment.

What is it with the Yankees? They let Papi and Manny hang out over the plate for years without chin music. Now this? Joba, dust the mother f**ker, or you're as big a wimp as Torre in these situations. Please, someone send the Yankee pitching staff old films of Bob Gibson. Please.

:rl: Yankee fans are a riot.

BINGO

This is exactly why Joba shouldn't be doing this sh*t. I am all for showing emotion. Throw a helmet when you strike out. Brush someone back. Throw a water cooler after a bad inning.

But leave the drama behind and that means the screaming on the mound, the fist pumps are B.S.

The Yankees used to follow one rule. Act like you have been there before. Celebrating over 12 strikeouts when you gave up 4 runs and are losing is garbage. Complete garbage. I wish Jeter would say something about it because it is bad for the Yankees.

The Orioles doing what they did shows that it is bad for the Yankees. Don't give people any extra incentive. Act like Mariano Rivera, that is what they should all do.

This is exactly why Joba shouldn't be doing this sh*t. I am all for showing emotion. Throw a helmet when you strike out. Brush someone back. Throw a water cooler after a bad inning.

But leave the drama behind and that means the screaming on the mound, the fist pumps are B.S.

The Yankees used to follow one rule. Act like you have been there before. Celebrating over 12 strikeouts when you gave up 4 runs and are losing is garbage. Complete garbage. I wish Jeter would say something about it because it is bad for the Yankees.

The Orioles doing what they did shows that it is bad for the Yankees. Don't give people any extra incentive. Act like Mariano Rivera, that is what they should all do.

The Yankee organization from top to bottom is so protective of Joba that I don't know if anyone would be willing to go out there and criticize him even Jeter. Look at Goose Gossage speaking his mind about Joba a year ago, he had to actually retract his statement and my guess is someone from Yankee hierarchy had something to say to him.

The fact of the matter is a lot of guys are over exuberant on the mound and on the field. There is nothing wrong with what Huff did in response to Joba. If he don't want anyone showing him up he shouldn't be showing anyone else up in the first place.

just like freaking papelbon. he annoys me, not just his celebrations but just his ****y attitude.[/quoteI don't like what Papelbon,Reyes, Joba or Huff do.

But for better or worse that's the way things are. And it's what ESPN and MLB sell, so what you or I think aren't important. It's the same thing with the NFL and TD celebrations and sack dances and safeties celebrating a tackle that went for a first down like they're opening Christmas presents. Stoicism and class don't sell.

The Yankee organization from top to bottom is so protective of Joba that I don't know if anyone would be willing to go out there and criticize him even Jeter. Look at Goose Gossage speaking his mind about Joba a year ago, he had to actually retract his statement and my guess is someone from Yankee hierarchy had something to say to him.

The fact of the matter is a lot of guys are over exuberant on the mound and on the field. There is nothing wrong with what Huff did in response to Joba. If he don't want anyone showing him up he shouldn't be showing anyone else up in the first place.

I agree 100%. Don't do it and people won't make fun of it. I prefer the other way, you don't do it and then you can act like the morality police when it happens to you. Then you can brush somebody back. :fighting0054:

I don't like what Papelbon,Reyes, Joba or Huff do.

But for better or worse that's the way things are. And it's what ESPN and MLB sell, so what you or I think aren't important. It's the same thing with the NFL and TD celebrations and sack dances and safeties celebrating a tackle that went for a first down like they're opening Christmas presents. Stoicism and class don't sell.

Anyone remember Dave Henderson the CF from the A's? He used to say I don't make ESPN because I just catch the ball. These other guys get there late, have to dive and it looks impressive. Me? I just catch the ball.

That was his basic jist. Always thought it was funny.

if ya don't want people showing you up...then you shouldn't be showing people up. you celebrate strike outs when you'r elosing and this is what you get. joba hits someone and then damon gets it.......how many of you guys defending joba didn't like reyes' handshakes on the field? or got pissed when manny stood there for 30 seconds admiring his homeruns?

Sports words to live by Max. :sign0098:

Anyone that thinks that what Joba does is any worse than Fruity Pabbles is retarded

there's a big deiiference between celebrating after you just closed a game for a win or firsat pumping and celebrating about striking some guy out when you are losing the game because you sucked earlier. how do you not get that? if papelbon blows the save and then celebrates striking a guy out, that would just be stupid......that's what people are getting at.

Anyone remember Dave Henderson the CF from the A's? He used to say I don't make ESPN because I just catch the ball. These other guys get there late, have to dive and it looks impressive. Me? I just catch the ball.

That was his basic jist. Always thought it was funny.

especially since Dave Henderson was a hot dog w/ the way he ran the bases, he did that pirouette after hitting that big HR in the '86 ALCS.

there's a big deiiference between celebrating after you just closed a game for a win or firsat pumping and celebrating about striking some guy out when you are losing the game because you sucked earlier. how do you not get that? if papelbon blows the save and then celebrates striking a guy out, that would just be stupid......that's what people are getting at.

I don't like the fistpumps but you cannot justify Papelbon and knock Joba, they do the same annoying things. The yanks still had plenty of tiem to get back into the game, it's very different than blowing a save and then doing a fistpump which Papelbon has probably done at some point anyway.

Archived