Orioles just punked Joba and the Yankees

Barton

I don't like the fistpumps but you cannot justify Papelbon and knock Joba, they do the same annoying things. The yanks still had plenty of tiem to get back into the game, it's very different than blowing a save and then doing a fistpump which Papelbon has probably done at some point anyway.

I can understand true emotion. What Joba and Papelbon do is not true emotion. Its an act they do. Thats what makes it annoying. But of course its the AL so pitchers never have to answer for their asshat-ness.

I can understand true emotion. What Joba and Papelbon do is not true emotion. Its an act they do. Thats what makes it annoying. But of course its the AL so pitchers never have to answer for their asshat-ness.

I don't buy the "AL" thing, you think if they pitched in the NL they would be intimiated b/c they think they would get hit? The opposing pticher would have to bat against them so then they could retaliate. There's too many of these types of pitchers now and it's a shame. it makes us all appreciate a guy like Rivera that much more.

there's a big deiiference between celebrating after you just closed a game for a win or firsat pumping and celebrating about striking some guy out when you are losing the game because you sucked earlier. how do you not get that? if papelbon blows the save and then celebrates striking a guy out, that would just be stupid......that's what people are getting at.

He was down 4-3. He had 8 straight strikeouts. He's an emotional guy. It was STILL a big point in the ball game.

I don't buy the "AL" thing, you think if they pitched in the NL they would be intimiated b/c they think they would get hit? The opposing pticher would have to bat against them so then they could retaliate. There's too many of these types of pitchers now and it's a shame. it makes us all appreciate a guy like Rivera that much more.

AGREED- Rivera does it right...Joba & Papelbon are morons & should get beaned, but because of the stupid DH they get away with it.

Aubrey Huff is a complete douchebag

When Joba celebrates, he celebrates to himself.

Huff on the other hand celebrated right in the face to Joba

Douchebag

lol.....i just have this feeling that is huff did this to papelbon you guys would be lining up to suck his d*ck for it. but since he did it to a yankee, and joba chamberlain of all people, then he's a total douchebag.

The difference here is those that buy into the old school mentality of "modesty" in sports and those of us who like to see emotion. There's a fine line, a fist pump is fine by me, a primal scream is fine by me. But if you take a step off the mound and point at the batter after a strike out, or start jawing after a strikeout, or a HR, that's crossing the line.

I'm an emotional guy, I've always played sports with emotion. In hockey after scoring a goal I'd throw my arms up and yell, in football after making a pick or a big hit I'd let out a scream, In baseball if I went yard it was a big single hand clap. Some people are emotional, you feed off of it.

To expect EVERYONE to be a robot like Mo is ridiculous IMO. Some people can control those emotions and it works for them.

The difference here is those that buy into the old school mentality of "modesty" in sports and those of us who like to see emotion. There's a fine line, a fist pump is fine by me, a primal scream is fine by me. But if you take a step off the mound and point at the batter after a strike out, or start jawing after a strikeout, or a HR, that's crossing the line.

I'm an emotional guy, I've always played sports with emotion. In hockey after scoring a goal I'd throw my arms up and yell, in football after making a pick or a big hit I'd let out a scream, In baseball if I went yard it was a big single hand clap. Some people are emotional, you feed off of it.

To expect EVERYONE to be a robot like Mo is ridiculous IMO. Some people can control those emotions and it works for them.

i personally don't give a rats ass what these guys do. i respect the guys who go about their business like they've been there before alot more than the guys who celebrate like they just won the lottery. but either way....i really don't care. it's the guys here who are defending one guy for doing it and blasting another guyy.....mostly just because he's on another team and/or it was done to their team. if a team or pitcher gets offended then they'll probably bean them....so what, that's the game. only thing i really don't have much respect for is when a complete douchebag like roger clemens throws a 95mph fastball at a guys head.

i personally don't give a rats ass what these guys do. i respect the guys who go about their business like they've been there before alot more than the guys who celebrate like they just won the lottery. but either way....i really don't care. it's the guys here who are defending one guy for doing it and blasting another guyy.....mostly just because he's on another team and/or it was done to their team. if a team or pitcher gets offended then they'll probably bean them....so what, that's the game. only thing i really don't have much respect for is when a complete douchebag like roger clemens throws a 95mph fastball at a guys head.

Can't say I disagree with what you're saying. At this stage in the game practically every team has the "emotional" guy on their team. Zeebers said and I agree, if Joba is gonna celebrate, then you gotta realize people will rub it in your face.

Would they worry about being hit? No. The other team doesnt get the opportunity to hit the asshat instead they have to go after someone else who isnt deserving. If Damon gets plunked because of Joba's antics, I hope he'd be pissed off enough to tell Joba to cut the sh!t.

And yes, it does make you appreciate a professional like Mariano.

If it was raw emotion, I'd be ok with it. Joba/Papelbon/K-Rod... it all seems too staged for me.

If it was raw emotion, I'd be ok with it. Joba/Papelbon/K-Rod... it all seems too staged for me.

Lol... Ecks was staged, Manny with his homerun stares was staged.

I'm sorry I disagree, those guys reek emotion to me, they just let it go and to me that's raw emotion. It's a game so of course if you get a big SO or big out you let it go THEN, but it's building up until that point.

JMO.

Lol... Ecks was staged, Manny with his homerun stares was staged.

I'm sorry I disagree, those guys reek emotion to me, they just let it go and to me that's raw emotion. It's a game so of course if you get a big SO or big out you let it go THEN, but it's building up until that point.

JMO.

Manny was/is ridiculous and have hated him for it.

The other guys? Eh... we'll just have to disagree because I just dont see them as having raw emotion.

But I still love ya!

Aubrey Huff is a complete douchebag

When Joba celebrates, he celebrates to himself.

Huff on the other hand celebrated right in the face to Joba

Douchebag

How exactly does one celebrate to himself? He's on the pitchers mound with 50,000 people watching.

Now that Tyler Durden seemingly took his ball and went home, you can have your title back. Biggest Yankee homer. At least some of his posts made sense.

How exactly does one celebrate to himself? He's on the pitchers mound with 50,000 people watching.

Now that Tyler Durden seemingly took his ball and went home, you can have your title back. Biggest Yankee homer. At least some of his posts made sense.

I know how I celebrate with myself, but it is probably not appropriate in front of 50K.

I know how I celebrate with myself, but it is probably not appropriate in front of 50K.

I'm going to go huff my aubrey right now.

This is such an overblown issue. What Huff did last night was fine. Joba shows emotion. So what? Huff wants to jab him a little for it? Fine. He homered off him. He earned the right.

I'm going to go huff my aubrey right now.

This is such an overblown issue. What Huff did last night was fine. Joba shows emotion. So what? Huff wants to jab him a little for it? Fine. He homered off him. He earned the right.

and hopefully he gets drilled next time... nothing better than a bench clearing brawl between division opponents.

and hopefully he gets drilled next time... nothing better than a bench clearing brawl between division opponents.

Joba said yesterday that he didn't really care. Joba has a much more important agenda than Aubrey Huff.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing the brawl purely from an entertainment standpoint.

Archived