James Dolan > Lonn Trost

Matt39

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's how you know that the Yankees organization is terrible. They forget the fact that you build fans, you make them, they fall in love with the game.

To me it just seems they expect people to love them, always and forever. I do hope that changes.

That's how you know that the Yankees organization is terrible. They forget the fact that you build fans, you make them, they fall in love with the game.

To me it just seems they expect people to love them, always and forever. I do hope that changes.

I'm seriously starting to hate this organization. I dont even like that many players anymore, either.

5 years from now, I might not like anything. Helloooo Milwaukee Brewers.

I'm seriously starting to hate this organization. I dont even like that many players anymore, either.

I think I've said it various times, sh!t rolls down hill and that's the issue with this organization.

I totally get the fact that baseball is a business... but the Yankees seem to have lost touch with the fact that it is a GAME and there is more to it then the almighty dollar. It shouldnt' be a privilege to be a yankee fan.

I think I've said it various times, sh!t rolls down hill and that's the issue with this organization.

I totally get the fact that baseball is a business... but the Yankees seem to have lost touch with the fact that it is a GAME and there is more to it then the almighty dollar. It shouldnt' be a privilege to be a yankee fan.

Beyond that, turning off young fans is bad business. They won't be pestering their parents to go to games and buy stuff now, and they won't be spending money on gear and games for their own kids later on.

Beyond that, turning off young fans is bad business. They won't be pestering their parents to go to games and buy stuff now, and they won't be spending money on gear and games for their own kids later on.

I'm a Yankee fan, I love the team. But a gigantic part of me feels the problems with the on-the-field product is the executive management. And I think that affects how Cashman gets his job done. We feel like the archaic American Automakers who scoffed at the Japanese import only to be utterly destroyed by it. Feels like that kind of arrogance from upstairs.

The Yanks are always about now....I hope this stuff smacks them in their face a few years from now when their five star hotel has the vacancy of a Detroit(sorry Guns) Ramada.

Same goes with the Knicks for me. Dolan and Isiah made me dislike basketball altogether. I use to watch everything NBA and looked forward all week to watching the NBA on NBC, now i would much rather see Milwaukee play Washington that watch a NBA playoff game.

The Yanks are always about now....I hope this stuff smacks them in their face a few years from now when their five star hotel has the vacancy of a Detroit(sorry Guns) Ramada.

You hope the Yanks get smacked in the face, huh? Face it, man. You're already an ex-Yankee fan. You talk about them as if you were a Sox fan. Never one positive thing to say. All gloom and doom. Why not just walk away?

You hope the Yanks get smacked in the face, huh? Face it, man. You're already an ex-Yankee fan. You talk about them as if you were a Sox fan. Never one positive thing to say. All gloom and doom. Why not just walk away?

Guido... you gotta admit this is pretty ****ing awful and the way he's putting it is just making it sound even worse.

I have been feeling this for several years now, and it makes me angry and sad. They are losing many of us old timers. Just as New York city sold out to the corporate--"mall"--mentality, so did the Yankees.

Guido... you gotta admit this is pretty ****ing awful and the way he's putting it is just making it sound even worse.

I'm not disagreeing. Trost sounded like an ass. But Matt seems to hate this team more than any of the trolls here. Rip the band-aid, off already. The less negativity we have around this team, the better.

I'm not disagreeing. Trost sounded like an ass. But Matt seems to hate this team more than any of the trolls here. Rip the band-aid, off already. The less negativity we have around this team, the better.

We're all entitled to our opinions. I think they need to gut this team from the top first. Just doesnt' seem like a healthy structure. Oh well, as fans I hope that at some point the realize the errors they've made so far.

We're all entitled to our opinions. I think they need to gut this team from the top first. Just doesnt' seem like a healthy structure. Oh well, as fans I hope that at some point the realize the errors they've made so far.

Right, everyone is entitled to their opinions. But why claim to be a fan of a team when you're clearly not? Hoping for failure is the opposite of being a fan. What you propose is fine - gut if you want, as long as the end game is improvement.

Things aren't great right now. But like all things with this team, good or bad, this is being blown waaaaaaaaay out of proportion right now.

+1 Repped.

Right, everyone is entitled to their opinions. But why claim to be a fan of a team when you're clearly not? Hoping for failure is the opposite of being a fan. What you propose is fine - gut if you want, as long as the end game is improvement.

Things aren't great right now. But like all things with this team, good or bad, this is being blown waaaaaaaaay out of proportion right now.

It's a shock to some. They want thing the old ways. I'll use the reference I've used before, no matter what you do when you have something new you'll always have people that are like Dana Carvey's "Grumpy old man" from SNL.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ms7d_saturday-night-live-grumpy-old-man_fun

It's a shock to some. They want thing the old ways. I'll use the reference I've used before, no matter what you do when you have something new you'll always have people that are like Dana Carvey's "Grumpy old man" from SNL.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ms7d_saturday-night-live-grumpy-old-man_fun

Problem is, people forget the complete "old ways", like as in the late 80's/early 90's, when the neighborhood in the South Bronx was at its absolute worst. When a girl was shot in the hand at a game by a stray bullet. When they averaged less than 25,000 people at games. When the Yankees never finished higher than 4th place. When the only pride of the team, Don Mattingly, was severely depleted by a bad back. When the ace of the staff, Tim Leary, would lose 19 games. When we'd pitch a no-hitter and still lose the game.

We either have very selective memories around here, or a bunch of kids who were spoiled by the late 90's dynasty and have no idea what "sucking" is actually like.

Problem is, people forget the complete "old ways", like as in the late 80's/early 90's, when the neighborhood in the South Bronx was at its absolute worst. When a girl was shot in the hand at a game by a stray bullet. When they averaged less than 25,000 people at games. When the Yankees never finished higher than 4th place. When the only pride of the team, Don Mattingly, was severely depleted by a bad back. When the ace of the staff, Tim Leary, would lose 19 games. When we'd pitch a no-hitter and still lose the game.

We either have very selective memories around here, or a bunch of kids who were spoiled by the late 90's dynasty and have no idea what "sucking" is actually like.

Funny thing I'm basically one of those spoiled brats :)

I got into baseball in the early 90's, so for most of my life the Yanks have been good.

My comment was more geared towards those who pine for old Yankee stadium.

Funny thing I'm basically one of those spoiled brats :)

I got into baseball in the early 90's, so for most of my life the Yanks have been good.

My comment was more geared towards those who pine for old Yankee stadium.

"Old" Yankee Stadium was awesome because it was filled with 55,000 giddy, loud New Yorkers when the Yankees were winning. It was awesome because the team on the field was awesome. It was awesome because it shared a footprint and the history of great Yankee teams past.

Old Yankee Stadium was not awesome on a cold, rainy late September evening in 1990. Believe me.

I gotta agree about the Yanks. I have been more and more disgusted with this team every year since 05. I always start the new season gung ho and **** like this always ends up happening. They don't give a **** about the average joe fan and that pisses me off.

I've been a NYY fan for 30 years. I remember how much we sucked in the late '80s and early '90s. Hell, I was living in NE then so it was even worse! I remember how sweet it was when we began to turn it around in '92 and '93. Of course I vividly recall how magical the last dynasty was.

However, I find myself disliking this team/organization more and more each day. I'm also envious as hell of what they've built up in that AIDS infested cesspool where Manny the Tranny used to roam. Sad.....

Man, you're fuuny. Bitching about other people bitching.. The fan police. Go away.

And right now...the Yankees as an organization are a disgrace. You are in the minority with the unicorn and candy cane outlook.

I root for the team on the field(as much as I dont like the way this team is assembled ditto the Knicks.). I think the front office blows and are a bunch of ass clowns.

What a c0ck sucking POS.

The problem with the Yankees is that they have a bunch of corporate MBA types running the team. I'm not surprised that they don't want little kids down close to the field to get autographs before the game. They don't care about the average fan. They just want to pander to their rich clientele.

The problem with the Yankees is that they have a bunch of corporate MBA types running the team. I'm not surprised that they don't want little kids down close to the field to get autographs before the game. They don't care about the average fan. They just want to pander to their rich clientele.

Or at least the Marketing Department. Trost has the look of an arrogant tool:

trost.jpg

Based on this pic I don't know how a regular fan could even get close to the field!

3481731855_6d25364f50.jpg?v=0

Based on this pic I don't know how a regular fan could even get close to the field!

3481731855_6d25364f50.jpg?v=0

I heard someone on the radio refer to this as the moat. Perhaps the Yankees will put some alligators in there to keep the commoners out.

I heard someone on the radio refer to this as the moat. Perhaps the Yankees will put some alligators in there to keep the commoners out.

I saw the moat reference on Deadspin today. The "No commoners here" mindset can be seen in that pic by the older guy with his suit on in the lower right corner.

That pic was taken on April 25th. Which was a Saturday!

I saw the moat reference on Deadspin today. The "No commoners here" mindset can be seen in that pic by the older guy with his suit on in the lower right corner.

That pic was taken on April 25th. Which was a Saturday!

They're afraid of the black knight storming the castle on his mighty steed.

Man, you're fuuny. Bitching about other people bitching.. The fan police. Go away.

And right now...the Yankees as an organization are a disgrace. You are in the minority with the unicorn and candy cane outlook.

I root for the team on the field(as much as I dont like the way this team is assembled ditto the Knicks.). I think the front office blows and are a bunch of ass clowns.

All I'm doing is trying to point out to you that things aren't as bad as you bitch about. The bottom line here is how the team is performing on the field. You wouldn't be saying boo about the stadium or the ownership if the team was in 1st with a 5 game lead right now.

You sit here and whine about the front office, the owner and the stadium, but the real reason you're upset is because they haven't been performing on the field the way you're used to.

But there's a flaw in your theory that the management and ownership "don't care about the fans". And the ironic part is you call me the one with a "unicorn outlook". Quite the opposite. A "unicorn outlook" is expecting them to care about you.

Here's the biggest part you miss: this is the same ownership and the same front office that was in place when you were sitting back and enjoying 4 World Championships a decade ago. Were you whining then? Did they care more about you back then? But not now? Here's a newsflash for you: then didn't care about you then either. Here's even more earth shattering news: NONE of the owners in baseball care one iota about the fans. To expect otherwise is terribly naive.

These guys care about one thing: not the fans, the fans' dollars. All 30 of them. That's how it has been for decades.

Now, ask yourself what kind of ownership/management would you rather have? One whose business approach is to spend money to make more of it? By pouring into the roster and a gorgeous new stadium?

Or would you rather an owner that takes the approach of minimizing payroll as he sits back and collects his revenue sharing money and luxury tax from the higher earners?

Keep thinking that the Yankees are supposed to care about you. I don't. I'm just happy they realize that their best business is achieved by putting a quality team on the field, unlike most others. And no, it's not as high a quality as it was 10 years ago. But it's not like you make it out to be. We're not the Pirates. We never will be. This is a competitive team and will be for years.

The bottom line is you sound like a spoiled little child who has had his toys taken away from him for the first time ever. And your whining is getting extremely irritating to the other kids in class who actually get it.

All I'm doing is trying to point out to you that things aren't as bad as you bitch about. The bottom line here is how the team is performing on the field. You wouldn't be saying boo about the stadium or the ownership if the team was in 1st with a 5 game lead right now.

You sit here and whine about the front office, the owner and the stadium, but the real reason you're upset is because they haven't been performing on the field the way you're used to.

But there's a flaw in your theory that the management and ownership "don't care about the fans". And the ironic part is you call me the one with a "unicorn outlook". Quite the opposite. A "unicorn outlook" is expecting them to care about you.

Here's the biggest part you miss: this is the same ownership and the same front office that was in place when you were sitting back and enjoying 4 World Championships a decade ago. Were you whining then? Did they care more about you back then? But not now? Here's a newsflash for you: then didn't care about you then either. Here's even more earth shattering news: NONE of the owners in baseball care one iota about the fans. To expect otherwise is terribly naive.

These guys care about one thing: not the fans, the fans' dollars. All 30 of them. That's how it has been for decades.

Now, ask yourself what kind of ownership/management would you rather have? One whose business approach is to spend money to make more of it? By pouring into the roster and a gorgeous new stadium?

Or would you rather an owner that takes the approach of minimizing payroll as he sits back and collects his revenue sharing money and luxury tax from the higher earners?

Keep thinking that the Yankees are supposed to care about you. I don't. I'm just happy they realize that their best business is achieved by putting a quality team on the field, unlike most others. And no, it's not as high a quality as it was 10 years ago. But it's not like you make it out to be. We're not the Pirates. We never will be. This is a competitive team and will be for years.

The bottom line is you sound like a spoiled little child who has had his toys taken away from him for the first time ever. And your whining is getting extremely irritating to the other kids in class who actually get it.

You mean all the people in this thread that agree with you? Oh wait.

:bag:

That rugburn must hurt.

Rich folks don't like common folk. Yankee hierarchy caters to rich folks. End of story.

Archived