James Dolan > Lonn Trost

Matt39

All I'm doing is trying to point out to you that things aren't as bad as you bitch about. The bottom line here is how the team is performing on the field. You wouldn't be saying boo about the stadium or the ownership if the team was in 1st with a 5 game lead right now.

You sit here and whine about the front office, the owner and the stadium, but the real reason you're upset is because they haven't been performing on the field the way you're used to.

But there's a flaw in your theory that the management and ownership "don't care about the fans". And the ironic part is you call me the one with a "unicorn outlook". Quite the opposite. A "unicorn outlook" is expecting them to care about you.

Here's the biggest part you miss: this is the same ownership and the same front office that was in place when you were sitting back and enjoying 4 World Championships a decade ago. Were you whining then? Did they care more about you back then? But not now? Here's a newsflash for you: then didn't care about you then either. Here's even more earth shattering news: NONE of the owners in baseball care one iota about the fans. To expect otherwise is terribly naive.

These guys care about one thing: not the fans, the fans' dollars. All 30 of them. That's how it has been for decades.

Now, ask yourself what kind of ownership/management would you rather have? One whose business approach is to spend money to make more of it? By pouring into the roster and a gorgeous new stadium?

Or would you rather an owner that takes the approach of minimizing payroll as he sits back and collects his revenue sharing money and luxury tax from the higher earners?

Keep thinking that the Yankees are supposed to care about you. I don't. I'm just happy they realize that their best business is achieved by putting a quality team on the field, unlike most others. And no, it's not as high a quality as it was 10 years ago. But it's not like you make it out to be. We're not the Pirates. We never will be. This is a competitive team and will be for years.

The bottom line is you sound like a spoiled little child who has had his toys taken away from him for the first time ever. And your whining is getting extremely irritating to the other kids in class who actually get it.

We are all yankee fans here. You're the only one on your side though. It seems we are all unhappy with the mindset of the upper management. Things like the moat piss us off. It doesn't matter if we are winning or not in this instance. It would be nice to be winning but that does not change the moat or the $3000 tickets or not letting kids get autographs.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean all the people in this thread that agree with you? Oh wait.

:bag:

That rugburn must hurt.

Yeah, good sample size. :rolleyes: Even more, way to address any of the points of my post. But you won't do that, because you're a child, and you have no answers. Why don't you answer me? Who would you rather have leading your franchise? Our current owners? Or the owners of the Marlins or Pirates?

I guess I'm done trying to educate a group who clearly haven't been through the real hard times of this franchise.

You're spoiled. And really, really whiny.

We are all yankee fans here. You're the only one on your side though. It seems we are all unhappy with the mindset of the upper management. Things like the moat piss us off. It doesn't matter if we are winning or not in this instance. It would be nice to be winning but that does not change the moat or the $3000 tickets or not letting kids get autographs.

Not once did I say I support those things. Not once did I say things were perfect.

The point is, there is an exceptional amount of overreaction, exaggeration and whining about lot of other things due simply to a spoiled fan base and an underperforming team. None of which would exist of the Yanks were in first.

Yeah, good sample size. :rolleyes: Even more, way to address any of the points of my post. But you won't do that, because you're a child, and you have no answers. Why don't you answer me? Who would you rather have leading your franchise? Our current owners? Or the owners of the Marlins or Pirates?

I guess I'm done trying to educate a group who clearly haven't been through the real hard times of this franchise.

You're spoiled. And really, really whiny.

LOL . Im a REAL fan and you're not.

Take this act back to jetsinsider. Youre annoying.

LOL . Im a REAL fan and you're not.

Take this act back to jetsinsider. Youre annoying.

Way to address the issue again. I write about the topic, and you refuse to address any of it. Real intelligent conversation you put forth. I'm done with you. Talking to children can get very boring.

By the way, check out this timely article on SI tonight. I like the quote "if you're a Yankees fan, you couldn't ask for a better owner"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/05/08/mlb.owners/index.html?bcnn=yes

Way to address the issue again. I write about the topic, and you refuse to address any of it. Real intelligent conversation you put forth. I'm done with you. Talking to children can get very boring.

By the way, check out this timely article on SI tonight. I like the quote "if you're a Yankees fan, you couldn't ask for a better owner"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/05/08/mlb.owners/index.html?bcnn=yes

Nobody cares what you have to say.

LOL.

Way to back up how truly clueless you are.

Clueless regarding what? Yankee Stadium lacking energy and being catered to the rich? What havent I adressed.

You said if the Yankees were a first place club, we would be talking about this. If the Yanks were in first, the Stadium would still look empty, the prices would remain the same etc.

And the Yankees arent in first place because the team is built terribly by are wonderful front office. Ever think of that?

I provided a 42 page thread of disgruntled Yankee fans voicing their opinion regarding the new Stadium, the front office and their general disdain on how things are being operated.

You sound like you work for the Yankees or something. Feel free to ignore me. I've been a Yankee fan for a long time...Im enititled to voice my opinion.

No one in this thread has agreed with you.

Oh look, according to your profile, you were 13 in 1996.

I'd say that explains it fully.

Spoiled from a baseball standpoint beyond belief. It must be odd living in your world.

Spoiled?

I prefered the Old Stadium? WTF are you talking about. You arent making any sense.

I liked going to the run down park. I liked when we had less high profile guys. I liked when our front office wasnt more worried about making a 5 star hotel and just winning baseball games.

My world is making a lot more sense than yours is. The Yankees sold out. Im sorry you that bothers you.

Clueless regarding what? Yankee Stadium lacking energy and being catered to the rich? What havent I adressed.

Clueless. You clearly never took an advanced class (or even an intermediate one) in statistics.

Maybe there were too many points in my long post for your little head to deal with. Let's simplify. Address this one thing: Who would you rather be the owner of this team? The Steinbrenners? Or Peter Angelos? Ted Lerner? Pick one.

Spoiled?

I prefered the Old Stadium? WTF are you talking about. You arent making any sense.

I liked going to the run down park. I liked when we had less high profile guys. I liked when our front office wasnt more worried about making a 5 star hotel and just winning baseball games.

My world is making a lot more sense than yours is. The Yankees sold out. Im sorry you that bothers you.

The Yankees don't care about winning baseball games now? You realize the same people are in charge now, right?

Nothing has changed, except for the results on the field. The sooner you realize that, the less bitter you're going to feel about it.

Guido Monzino said:
Clueless. You clearly never took an advanced class (or even an intermediate one) in statistics.

Maybe there were too many points in my long post for your little head to deal with. Let's simplify. Address this one thing: Who would you rather be the owner of this team? The Steinbrenners? Or Peter Angelos? Ted Lerner? Pick one.

stop

The Yankees don't care about winning baseball games now? You realize the same people are in charge now, right?

Nothing has changed, except for the results on the field. The sooner you realize that, the less bitter you're going to feel about it.

No question, George is as good an owner as you'll find. However, he is no longer in charge. If he were you would have heard something by now, or someone would have already been fired. Say this for the little Steinbrenners, they too are willing to to spend money to put a winner together and so far it is not working out. That may be a problem with the baseball people/talent evaluators. Regardless. I think the main issue being discussed in this thread is that Yankee ownership group don't care about the common fan anymore. The new stadium as beautiful as it is, is a shrine to the rich. I don't think anyone will dispute that. Ironically, the rich isn't so rich anymore so you see a lot of empty seats. The bigger concern if you are a Yankee fans is they are alienating the next generation of fans. That could come back and bite them.

:lol:

Thanks for the sig by the way

Are you talking about Guido's sig where he selectively took a piece of a comment I made?

I was talking about the Fenway area in Boston where the ballpark happens to be located. It really is a sh*t hole but Guido decided to twist my words.

Are you going to use this: Clueless. You clearly never took an advanced class (or even an intermediate one) in statistics.

Beyond that, turning off young fans is bad business. They won't be pestering their parents to go to games and buy stuff now, and they won't be spending money on gear and games for their own kids later on.

Good post. They seemed to have failed to see the big picture here. Someday it will comeback to bite them . Narrow minded bean counters.

Are you talking about Guido's sig where he selectively took a piece of a comment I made?

I was talking about the Fenway area in Boston where the ballpark happens to be located. It really is a sh*t hole but Guido decided to twist my words.

Are you going to use this:Clueless. You clearly never took an advanced class (or even an intermediate one) in statistics.

I again called out that clown yesterday for his sig. It makes him look like an arse and reveals how stupid he actually is .

LOL. I mean, Ive dealt with homo ginzos before, but you certainly are a cut above.

You're being a dumb condescending faggot. You are a clown.

Is this dude serious?

Great post. The quality gets better each time out.

Your ignorance knows no bounds. Try to learn something for a change.

This entire thread is about the overreactions of a group of the fan base that have no understanding of the difference between baseball the game and baseball the business. The problem becomes compounded when you can't separate the two and you let your frustrations over one spill out into your overall perspective.

We are fans. They are players and owners. Do you know what they owe you? THEY OWE YOU ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. These people are in the business of taking your money. To believe that "they no longer care about the fans" implies that they ever have. They never have. None of the 30 teams care. They, like every other business owner in America, care for profits.

As it turns out, the team you root for runs that business VERY well. They are by far the biggest franchise in baseball. They were the first team to do their own merchandising deal. The first to start their own television network. And this season, they partnered with the Dallas Cowboys to be the first to start their own vending corporation.

They also realize that the best way to operate that business is to put a winning team on the field. Again, you claim they "don't care about winning anymore". Really? Explain to me why they have by far the biggest payroll in baseball. Are they giving that money away out of the kindness of their hearts to these players? Their talent evaluation may be failing, but it is evident that their desire to put what they think will be a winning team on the field is there.

They realize if the team is winning, fans will be happy. And happy fans buy tickets. Bottom line. Happy fans also have a lot more patience about some of the other aspects. They don't whine.

But they're not winning. So some of the fans, particularly the ones spoiled by great times of the last decade, whine incessantly. They lose sight of the fact that the new Stadium is 13 games old. 13 games, not years. They forget that kinks are to be expected, and that they will be worked out. They forget that rainy April games will also be less attended and much quieter than warm nights July. They lose sight of all of the great things this GORGEOUS new stadium has to offer. They forget school is still in session. They forget the economy is in the toilet. They forget despite all that, they still are in the top 5 in the league in attendance. They forget that it is WAY too early to call the stadium a bust, just as they forget that Mark Teixeira's first month of at-bats is not a complete story of his career to come here, or that at 22, it is still to soon to dismiss Phil Hughes.

Like the physical kinks, the Yankees will work out the economic ones too. If they've priced people out of seats, they will adjust them until those tickets sell. It is in their best interest to fill every single seat in that stadium, and they will figure out a way to get it done. Just as they always have.

There is a group of very impatient and very whiny and annoying fans and they're getting really loud these days. It is a complete embarassment.

Even if you've never experienced it, you need to try to realize how much, much, much worse things could be.

I again called out that clown yesterday for his sig. It makes him look like an arse and reveals how stupid he actually is .

Want to know the best part? I was about 5 minutes away from changing my sig yesterday. But you keep giving it legs. Must be touching a nerve.

This entire thread is about the overreactions of a group of the fan base that have no understanding of the difference between baseball the game and baseball the business. The problem becomes compounded when you can't separate the two and you let your frustrations over one spill out into your overall perspective.

We are fans. They are players and owners. Do you know what they owe you? THEY OWE YOU ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. These people are in the business of taking your money. To believe that "they no longer care about the fans" implies that they ever have. They never have. None of the 30 teams care. They, like every other business owner in America, care for profits.

As it turns out, the team you root for runs that business VERY well. They are by far the biggest franchise in baseball. They were the first team to do their own merchandising deal. The first to start their own television network. And this season, they partnered with the Dallas Cowboys to be the first to start their own vending corporation.

They also realize that the best way to operate that business is to put a winning team on the field. Again, you claim they "don't care about winning anymore". Really? Explain to me why they have by far the biggest payroll in baseball. Are they giving that money away out of the kindness of their hearts to these players? Their talent evaluation may be failing, but it is evident that their desire to put what they think will be a winning team on the field is there.

They realize if the team is winning, fans will be happy. And happy fans buy tickets. Bottom line. Happy fans also have a lot more patience about some of the other aspects. They don't whine.

But they're not winning. So some of the fans, particularly the ones spoiled by great times of the last decade, whine incessantly. They lose sight of the fact that the new Stadium is 13 games old. 13 games, not years. They forget that kinks are to be expected, and that they will be worked out. They forget that rainy April games will also be less attended and much quieter than warm nights July. They lose sight of all of the great things this GORGEOUS new stadium has to offer. They forget school is still in session. They forget the economy is in the toilet. They forget despite all that, they still are in the top 5 in the league in attendance. They forget that it is WAY too early to call the stadium a bust, just as they forget that Mark Teixeira's first month of at-bats is not a complete story of his career to come here, or that at 22, it is still to soon to dismiss Phil Hughes.

Like the physical kinks, the Yankees will work out the economic ones too. If they've priced people out of seats, they will adjust them until those tickets sell. It is in their best interest to fill every single seat in that stadium, and they will figure out a way to get it done. Just as they always have.

There is a group of very impatient and very whiny and annoying fans and they're getting really loud these days. It is a complete embarassment.

Even if you've never experienced it, you need to try to realize how much, much, much worse things could be.

This guy has a better pitch than the Shamwow guy. Color me impressed.

Are you going to use this: Clueless. You clearly never took an advanced class (or even an intermediate one) in statistics.

The statistics comment I thought was gold.

http://yankees.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=105062698&prmenbr=33340469&aunbr=105409408

$80 for grass? I don't smoke pot, but this seems damn high for what amounts to Scottturf without any intoxicating quality.

$750 for an old seat, which in their deluded math is still less than a seat at field level in the new Stadium.

Have known for a while than Bradon Steiner is a douchebag and this whole memorablia stuff is a scam.

I have my memories, the times I was there-1976 getting shoved out of the way for Joe DiMaggio oging into game 3; the WS clincher in 1996, the ALCS clinchers in in 1998 and 2003; even game 6 of 2003. And the times I watched on tv. Those have value, things I have and will tell my sons about. The rest of it is things someone has to dust, that sooner or later become junk or stuff to sell to a sucker on ebay.

This is cheap, scummy nonsense. If this team keeps sucking balls, this craven whoredom is going to get more and more embarrassing. It's pretty bad right now.

img8050821med.jpg

Nobody < James Dolan.

This is still true. Hate that every Ranger game on Fios features Smarmy Stubble Guy commercial for Dolan's IO sheet, telling you you can only watch the local NHL teams in HD on IO, not Fios. Granted, it's a small thing to get annoyed about in the large scheme of things. But the commercial doesn't tell you that you cannot get the Rangers, Isles And Devils because Dolan won't sell them the HD feed in order to try to bleed Fios. Practically hope that the Rangers get on NBC and VS as much as possible so I can see them in HD.

Some people are patient. Other aren't, but here's a stat that is undeniably scary and then factor in the Jays MIGHT be for real.

The Yankees are now 6.5 out after 32 games. They were three out after 32 games last season. They

Some people are patient. Other aren't, but here's a stat that is undeniably scary and then factor in the Jays MIGHT be for real.

That's for the on-field stuff.

Sometimes the off-field stuff AFFECTS the on-field stuff. JMO

Unlike previous years....the Yankees cant cake off of the Blue Jays, Orioles and Drays. Those days are unfortunatly. They're not going to make up a 10 game deficit in August.

If the Yankees want to make a run for the playoffs, they better start winning soon.

Unlike previous years....the Yankees cant cake off of the Blue Jays, Orioles and Drays. Those days are unfortunatly. They're not going to make up a 10 game deficit in August.

If the Yankees want to make a run for the playoffs, they better start winning soon.

Believe it or not, 1/5th of the season is gone already. We are nearing June, when you can--pretty much--see where you will be come the end of the season.

Pretty funny...

2009_05_ysnyu5.jpg

Pretty funny these people just paid $40K for each of 4 years at NYU,and figure to already be heading down to the unemployment office. As an NYU grad I can tell you within 15 minutes of getting a job nobody gives a flying eff what school is on your dilpoma.

Pretty funny these people just paid $40K for each of 4 years at NYU,and figure to already be heading down to the unemployment office. As an NYU grad I can tell you within 15 minutes of getting a job nobody gives a flying eff what school is on your dilpoma.

Jeeze...bitter?

Just a funny picture man.

Archived