James Dolan > Lonn Trost

Matt39

Pretty funny...

2009_05_ysnyu5.jpg

Perhaps the people who had tickets for those seats were enjoying a fine filet mignon from NYY Steak at the time. Or, they might have been in their secret Free Mason lair beneath stadium plotting one world government.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps the people who had tickets for those seats were enjoying a fine filet mignon from NYY Steak at the time. Or, they might have been in their secret Free Mason lair beneath stadium plotting one world government.

Why would they need to plot a one world government in secret? That sounds like a nifty idea as long as isn't a communist government.

Jeeze...bitter?

Just a funny picture man.

No. But it stopped being a real school and became a real estate company affiliated with a college long ago.Whcih is where their tuition went. Back in the old days the tutition was fraction of that.

You mean all the people in this thread that agree with you? Oh wait.

:bag:

That rugburn must hurt.

Dear GOd. Do you EVER have a competent argument? Do you EVER address relevant points in another person's argument?

Don't you see that all your posts are the same? You're either whining, bitching, or saying you're better than another poster or a "real fan." I'm just reading the same post every ****ing time.

Dear GOd. Do you EVER have a competent argument? Do you EVER address relevant points in another person's argument?

Don't you see that all your posts are the same? You're either whining, bitching, or saying you're better than another poster or a "real fan." I'm just reading the same post every ****ing time.

Please find any post where I've said that. Please.

+ 9

Brick, I'd like to know which arguments youve presented me in the past that I've avoided?

The fact that I dont agree with the Billy Beane approach and you feel you know everything after Moneyball?

Man, those A's are really good.

Brick, I'd like to know which arguments youve presented me in the past that I've avoided?

The fact that I dont agree with the Billy Beane approach and you feel you know everything after Moneyball?

Man, those A's are really good.

It's not even that I don't agree with you. I don't happen to like the new stadium as much as the old one either. But anyone who dares criticize your opinion of the franchise is subjected to a response of whines, you not responding to any of their points, "No one likes you," and the like.

If you responded in a competent way while addressing the other poster's points and rebutting them rather than "Everyone agrees with me, therefore I am right" people may start to take you seriously.

It's not even that I don't agree with you. I don't happen to like the new stadium as much as the old one either. But anyone who dares criticize your opinion of the franchise is subjected to a response of whines, you not responding to any of their points, "No one likes you," and the like.

If you responded in a competent way while addressing the other poster's points and rebutting them rather than "Everyone agrees with me, therefore I am right" people may start to take you seriously.

Really, where? When did I ever say "no one likes you" to you? or even anyone for that matter.You're making that up.

And most people within that specific thread did agree with me. That's just the truth.

So people dont take me seriously? Who are these people? You and Guido? Darn...

LOL . Im a REAL fan and you're not.

Take this act back to jetsinsider. Youre annoying.

This post?

Damn, dont people understand sarcasm anymore? Guido was telling me I wasnt a real fan because of my age.

Keep voicing our opinions and the Yankees will listen. It's not perfect, but the Yanks have been pretty responsive to their fans. I'll give them credit for that.

Exec: Don't be shocked if a bigwig goes over Stadium debacle

May 15, 2009, 10:39 AM

lonn_trost412.jpg New York Yankees chief operating officer Lonn Trost.

Listen: Andrew Marchand Report from New York Baseball Tonight on LonTrost, Randy Levine, Hal Steinbrenner & Alex Rodriguez.

A major league executive tells 1050 that he would not be surprised if the Yankees' stadium debacle costs someone their job.

COO Lonn Trost has been out front on the new Stadium. Trost reports to the team president Randy Levine. When something goes as wrong as the new stadium has, there is usually fallout. The exec says one or both could lose their jobs over it.

With the expensive empty seats, the wind problems and the just-adjusted batting practice policy -- not to mention the loss of home field advantage -- the Yankees have whiffed badly on the new stadium.

The Yankees do lead the league in attendance and are likely making a lot more money than they did at the old stadium, but the public relations blow has been immense to the point the exec says that the stadium is now getting a bad reputation.

One thing that has little chance of coming back are these ticket prices. The MLB exec scoffed at the idea the Yankees could return to the original prices even if the economy rebounds. He says the top ticket probably belongs near where the Mets top seat is at, which is nearly $500.

If the Yankees miss the playoffs, this issue will become even more complicated. While nothing is happening right now, the rumors are beginning to run wild.

The question is: Is Hal Steinbrenner engaged enough to make such a radical move. He did not return a call for this story.

:cheers:

All I'm doing is trying to point out to you that things aren't as bad as you bitch about. The bottom line here is how the team is performing on the field. You wouldn't be saying boo about the stadium or the ownership if the team was in 1st with a 5 game lead right now.

You sit here and whine about the front office, the owner and the stadium, but the real reason you're upset is because they haven't been performing on the field the way you're used to.

But there's a flaw in your theory that the management and ownership "don't care about the fans". And the ironic part is you call me the one with a "unicorn outlook". Quite the opposite. A "unicorn outlook" is expecting them to care about you.

Here's the biggest part you miss: this is the same ownership and the same front office that was in place when you were sitting back and enjoying 4 World Championships a decade ago. Were you whining then? Did they care more about you back then? But not now? Here's a newsflash for you: then didn't care about you then either. Here's even more earth shattering news: NONE of the owners in baseball care one iota about the fans. To expect otherwise is terribly naive.

These guys care about one thing: not the fans, the fans' dollars. All 30 of them. That's how it has been for decades.

Now, ask yourself what kind of ownership/management would you rather have? One whose business approach is to spend money to make more of it? By pouring into the roster and a gorgeous new stadium?

Or would you rather an owner that takes the approach of minimizing payroll as he sits back and collects his revenue sharing money and luxury tax from the higher earners?

Keep thinking that the Yankees are supposed to care about you. I don't. I'm just happy they realize that their best business is achieved by putting a quality team on the field, unlike most others. And no, it's not as high a quality as it was 10 years ago. But it's not like you make it out to be. We're not the Pirates. We never will be. This is a competitive team and will be for years.

The bottom line is you sound like a spoiled little child who has had his toys taken away from him for the first time ever. And your whining is getting extremely irritating to the other kids in class who actually get it.

I think its a problem when a team is charging 3000 dollars for tickets, wont let kids and normal folk sign autographs, and have a plethora of empty seats at every game and refuse to change their prices and philosophy... AND the team has by far the highest payroll in the MLB, the best on-paper team in the MLB, and us regular fans are supposed to be content that our team is somewhat compettitive and not dead last. Give me a f'n break.

I miss the Old Stadium. I dont think there's anything wrong with that. I also didnt think there was any need for a new one.

Im sure the kinks will get worked at, but it will never replace the feel of the Old Stadium.

Archived