Zimmerman hit streak

ECURB

that would be a jackass move.

yeah....pretty much. you'd look like the biggest p*ssies in the sport ever. not to mention you'd also be known as the biggest assclowns ever. thats just completely unsportsmanlike....your team would deserve to get beaned every game after that kinda d*ck move.

So what... it would be a great move IMO for a rival team to do it... and hilarious!

that's pretty much what teams did with bonds* anytime there were runners on base. he would have hit 80 homeruns one year if he had any protection behind him in the lineup.

So what... it would be a great move IMO for a rival team to do it... and hilarious!

If I were zimmerman I would literally kill the pitcher if he did this to me. I would beat him to death with the bat. I'm not joking. There are such things as principles.

If I were zimmerman I would literally kill the pitcher if he did this to me. I would beat him to death with the bat. I'm not joking. There are such things as principles.

I would love for a Manager to have the balls to make this happen.

Would a hitting streak really end if a guy was walked in every single plate appearance? He wouldn't have technically had any at bats. It's not like an 0-fer, but on the other hand, he did play a game.

No, it does not end. Hitting streaks only end if the player gets an official AB and does not record a hit.

If he was walked all game, his streak would remain at 30.

because it would hurt your team to put him on base every time.

Dumb move.

Well if I were going to seriously debate it that would matter... otherwise I just want to dream of it happening simply because I think it would be hilarious.

Would a hitting streak really end if a guy was walked in every single plate appearance? He wouldn't have technically had any at bats. It's not like an 0-fer, but on the other hand, he did play a game.

no, in baseball a walk isnt considered an at bat. like when it says a player went 2 for 3 and a walk, that means he got to the plate 4 times but only 3 count towards stats.

so if they got zimmerman out on his first at bat then walked him the rest of the game his hit streak would end because he technically had one at bat.

no, in baseball a walk isnt considered an at bat. like when it says a player went 2 for 3 and a walk, that means he got to the plate 4 times but only 3 count towards stats.

so if they got zimmerman out on his first at bat then walked him the rest of the game his hit streak would end because he technically had one at bat.

thanks, captain obvious.

Wrong, if he is in a game the streak is over. Even if he is a defensive replacement. I am 97% sure this is accurate.

Wrong, if he is in a game the streak is over. Even if he is a defensive replacement. I am 97% sure this is accurate.

No, you are wrong. If a player does not have an at bat, the streak does not end.

If he played the whole game and every plate appearance resulted in a BB or a HBP, the streak would remain at whatever it was, just like he didn't play.

For the purposes of a streak, no ABs is the same as if he didn't play at all.

No, you are wrong. If a player does not have an at bat, the streak does not end.

If he played the whole game and every plate appearance resulted in a sacrifice fly or a BB or a HBP, the streak would remain at whatever it was, just like he didn't play.

For the purposes of a streak, no ABs is the same as if he didn't play at all.

You seem pretty confident, I stand corrected.

Here's the criteria for a consecutive game hit streak from the MLB website...

10.23 Guidelines For Cumulative Performance Records

(a) CONSECUTIVE HITTING STREAKS. A consecutive hitting streak shall not be terminated if a batter

Archived