Fat Papi leaves 12 men on base

Blackout

Again, you have no proof. You can talk all you want but until there is a positive test or an admission, he is innocent until proven guilty because this is still America.

...but he is most likely guilty. Lol

Again, you have no proof. You can talk all you want but until there is a positive test or an admission, he is innocent until proven guilty because this is still America.

That only applies in a court of law. In the court of public opinion he's as guilty as Bonds, Giambi, Clemens etc...

That only applies in a court of law. In the court of public opinion he's as guilty as Bonds, Giambi, Clemens etc...

And we all know the court of public opinion does not have to support any of the Court of Law ideals.

Do you have a positive test? No? Oh ok. Just checking.

Oh, and JonE, I always knew you hated the Sox, but not to the point of racism.

There it is. The blindest form of homerism of all.

"Everyone in baseball is subject to scrutiny. Except a guy on my team"

Ortiz is as clear a case as Brady Anderson or Sammy Sosa.

Do you have a positive test? No? Oh ok. Just checking.

Oh, and JonE, I always knew you hated the Sox, but not to the point of racism.

Do you honestly believe he wasn't on the roids? He was a completely average player for 5 years with the Twins, and then became a superstar in the middle of his career. That doesn't just happen.

Do you honestly believe he wasn't on the roids? He was a completely average player for 5 years with the Twins, and then became a superstar in the middle of his career. That doesn't just happen.

Not to mention he went back to completely sucking.

There it is. The blindest form of homerism of all.

"Everyone in baseball is subject to scrutiny. Except a guy on my team"

Ortiz is as clear a case as Brady Anderson or Sammy Sosa.

Sure he is subject to scrutiny, but until there is proof there is no sense whatsoever to just blindly throw him in with the rest. Is it probable he was on roids? It is certainly more possible now than once thought, for sure.

I don't know if he was on steroids. I don't know him personally. Who knows if the right hitting technique and the right hitting coach couldn't have turned him around. It is a possibility he did steroids, but until there is actual evidence, calling him out on it is slanderous.

Sure he is subject to scrutiny, but until there is proof there is no sense whatsoever to just blindly throw him in with the rest. Is it probable he was on roids? It is certainly more possible now than once thought, for sure.

More than once thought?

How many years are we going back here?

He was being pointed out as a roid guy years ago...

You know when he put on 100lbs and started hitting HR's... like 7 years ago or so..

More than once thought?

You know when he put on 100lbs and started hitting HR's... like 7 years ago or so..

No one thought A-Rod was on roids and he was. He was supposed to be the image of clean and he wasn't. That's what I meant. Now really anyone and everyone could have been on them at some point.

Oh and he was hitting homeruns before he came to the Sox. He had 18 in 347 plate appearances and then 20 in 466 plate appearances in 2001 and 2002. He came to Boston, used the wall to his advantage and got more plate appearances and more consistent playing time. He also hit in front of Manny Ramirez, who is a great hitter steroids or not.

No one thought A-Rod was on roids and he was. He was supposed to be the image of clean and he wasn't. That's what I meant. Now really anyone and everyone could have been on them at some point.

Oh and he was hitting homeruns before he came to the Sox. He had 18 in 347 plate appearances and then 20 in 466 plate appearances in 2001 and 2002. He came to Boston, used the wall to his advantage and got more plate appearances and more consistent playing time. He also hit in front of Manny Ramirez, who is a great hitter steroids or not.

He also doubled in size those two years as a twin... then he got even bigger once he came to boston...

I would say your crazy if you didnt think there was a damn good chance arod was on roids too...

More than once thought?

BY who? Outside of jealous and envious Yankee fan, please attribute one quote to him using roids. Just one.

Someone started slow early in their career, starts producing when he is in his prime and then declines when he is old. Yeah, that is proof he took roids. :rolleyes:

Again, he played in a pitchers park where he was told to hit, in his own words, "like a bitch". And the Metrodome "Baggie" Wall.

He goes to Fenway, with more talent around him and Pesky Pole a scant 302 feet away.

Again, I am not saying he is clean, but this 'proof' has holes in it.

david-ortiz-ultra.jpg

Now with some Roids in Minnesota..

RPwYzxtB.jpg

His size jumped up BIG when he started hitting HR's... it was directly connected...

Are you the same size when you were 20?

His head was big and he was chunky with thick arms as David Arias.

After 3-4 years in the majors, he was bigger in the shoulders and fatter. That is your proof?

:rolleyes:

At this point you have to assume that the majority of all players at this point are juicing

Exactly. This is why you can't say any WS is tainted in the last 15 years because the sport was rife with this crap and so winners beat losers that were using. Football is too. The Steel Curtain was a roid curtain.

The government cannot win the war on drugs, and sports will never win against the war on steroids. Manny, arod, Ortiz (not proven......yet), clemens, pettite, giambi, who cares! The whole league pretty much ALL did it. Just ****ty fuel for ****ty fans to throw at each other. But you all smell like crap, players included.

Exactly. This is why you can't say any WS is tainted in the last 15 years because the sport was rife with this crap and so winners beat losers that were using. Football is too. The Steel Curtain was a roid curtain.

The government cannot win the war on drugs, and sports will never win against the war on steroids. Manny, arod, Ortiz (not proven......yet), clemens, pettite, giambi, who cares! The whole league pretty much ALL did it. Just ****ty fuel for ****ty fans to throw at each other. But you all smell like crap, players included.

Hey just because Liverpool came up short....again...don't have to take out on us in the baseball forum. ;)

BY who? Outside of jealous and envious Yankee fan, please attribute one quote to him using roids. Just one.

Someone started slow early in their career, starts producing when he is in his prime and then declines when he is old. Yeah, that is proof he took roids. :rolleyes:

Again, he played in a pitchers park where he was told to hit, in his own words, "like a bitch". And the Metrodome "Baggie" Wall.

He goes to Fenway, with more talent around him and Pesky Pole a scant 302 feet away.

Again, I am not saying he is clean, but this 'proof' has holes in it.

Are you the same size when you were 20?

His head was big and he was chunky with thick arms as David Arias.

After 3-4 years in the majors, he was bigger in the shoulders and fatter. That is your proof?

:rolleyes:

Dude, get over it. Ortiz is one of the most obvious cases there is.

But whatever. Accept it or not, the only Boston championship with any legitimacy from this decade is the title the Celtics bought last year.

Dude, get over it. Ortiz is one of the most obvious cases there is.

But whatever. Accept it or not, the only Boston championship with any legitimacy from this decade is the title the Celtics bought last year.

The Celts only won last year because Phil Jackson forgot how to motivate his team... the Lakers were the better squad.

The Celts only won last year because Phil Jackson forgot how to motivate his team... the Lakers were the better squad.

Or more accurately, because Phil Jackson stopped caring.

:stu:

So says the guy trying to convince us that David Ortiz is clean. :rolleyes:

Where did I say Ortiz was clean?

Skank Nation's proof of his using is flawed. None of it holds up to scrutiny.

Haggis' gave the best argument to his usage. "All players did it."

Yeah, pretty much.

Where did I say Ortiz was clean?

Skank Nation's proof of his using is flawed. None of it holds up to scrutiny.

Haggis' gave the best argument to his usage. "All players did it."

Yeah, pretty much.

For a guy that was hitting 50 bombs in season and now cant reach the warning track, I'd say that;s pretty decent logic.

For a guy that was hitting 50 bombs in season and now cant reach the warning track, I'd say that;s pretty decent logic.

True.

I am of the party that believes Canseco and what Haggis said.

I believe just about all players used something (illegal and legal). Their job is to be in great shape and perform. Are we to believe they did not use something? No way. It would be insane. Big Papi included.

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Fat Lady.

Fat Lady who?

Nevermind the jokes, this is the fat lady and I really want to sing for David Ortiz. Is he there or not?

(Yeah it isn't funny, but I typed it out and I am leaving it there). :-P

Archived