Chalk it up to a tough night...right BOSTON...lol

JonEJet

144 @bats without a homer is weird for a so called "power hitter", it took A-Rod 1 pitch to homer, he hasnt homered all year. His roids buddy ManRam no longer being there explains a lot.

And that means what? ARod is 3 for 21 with a .143 batting average since he returned from his injury.

How do you explain 36 year old Johnny Damon's numbers this season? He hit 17 HR's last season and he has already hit 9 this season. He must be on the HGH :rolleyes:

And that means what? ARod is 3 for 21 with a .143 batting average since he returned from his injury.

How do you explain 36 year old Johnny Damon's numbers this season? He hit 17 HR's last season and he has already hit 9 this season. He must be on the HGH :rolleyes:

Contract years are performance enhancing substances.

Don't worry about it. No one expects you to be able to see from the inside what the rest of the world does from the outside.

Go look in the mirror. :rolleyes:

No comments on the video? Shocker. :rolleyes:

Again, NY fans are just as bad and in most cases worse then every other fans. Why? They believe the fallacy that NY is the greatest city on the planet chip on their shoulder. Which makes them more arrogant then anyone else and thus the worst fans.

Go look in the mirror. :rolleyes:

No comments on the video? Shocker. :rolleyes:

Again, NY fans are just as bad and in most cases worse then every other fans. Why? They believe the fallacy that NY is the greatest city on the planet chip on their shoulder. Which makes them more arrogant then anyone else and thus the worst fans.

Where do you get this stuff from?

Where do you get this stuff from?

From people like Guido, DBrick and DarkLadyJets. Its not about the City of Boston or NYC.

Its about some weird thing where the younger Yankee fans think they are superior because their team won World Series when they were in elementary school.

I don't get it. Cant we all just get along?

Do I need to really do a search on that phrase on this site? Really?

You wear like it is a badge of honor. :rolleyes:

You do, really.

I'd say Iim the opposite of arrogant when it comes to the Yankees.

Explain how I wear it like a badge of honor. You honestly think I go around telling people NY is the best city in the world?

From people like Guido, DBrick and DarkLadyJets. Its not about the City of Boston or NYC.

Its about some weird thing where the younger Yankee fans think they are superior because their team won World Series when they were in elementary school.

I don't get it. Cant we all just get along?

:cheers:

schadenfreude

"malicious joy in the misfortunes of others," 1922, from Ger., lit. "damage-joy," from schaden "damage, harm, injury" (see scathe) + freude, from O.H.G. frewida "joy," from fro "happy," lit. "hopping for joy," from P.Gmc. *frawa- (see frolic).

"What a fearful thing is it that any language should have a word expressive of the pleasure which men feel at the calamities of others; for the existence of the word bears testimony to the existence of the thing. And yet in more than one such a word is found. ... In the Greek epikhairekakia, in the German
schadenfreude

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=bryant_howard&id=4163281

An excerpt (because last I checked, this is still America):

"Do you know how many times I've been drug-tested since 2004? About 20," Ortiz said. "You've got the biggest guys in the game getting caught with this stuff, and that's why they don't think you can have mechanical problems or you cannot have your mind in the wrong place or have injuries. It's all steroids. That's why I don't talk about it. When I get turned around, people are going to say, 'Oh, he's back on it.'

"I said it a long time ago. I said if you want to get this stuff out of the game, don't do random tests -- test every player. Don't come in once and test two or three guys. Test everybody, in season and out of season. And if you still use and you get caught, then you should be suspended for the whole year. I said that a long time ago, and nobody listened.

"I'm going to do my thing. I'm going to keep working out, stay on my program, and if I don't get out of it, I'm done. God will be telling me that I'm done."

In the past, the public, fatigued of disgrace and ready to get on with the fun and games, has wanted to ignore the heavy steroid talk. Innocent until proven guilty, people would say. The Ortiz case is a reversal: They have demanded drugs be part of the discourse.

The is a price that can be paid when your teams are in the playoffs.

I am sure the Tri-State area would gladly trade in the playoff losses for the sorry lot of teams they support.

Yet when the Jets lose in the playoffs we here a different story from you. Ironic.

Oh the rich irony.

The best part is that in your position, you have no clue why this post is so rich. It's perfect, actually. Thanks for the laugh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=bryant_howard&id=4163281

An excerpt (because last I checked, this is still America):

"Do you know how many times I've been drug-tested since 2004? About 20," Ortiz said. "You've got the biggest guys in the game getting caught with this stuff, and that's why they don't think you can have mechanical problems or you cannot have your mind in the wrong place or have injuries. It's all steroids. That's why I don't talk about it. When I get turned around, people are going to say, 'Oh, he's back on it.'

"I said it a long time ago. I said if you want to get this stuff out of the game, don't do random tests -- test every player. Don't come in once and test two or three guys. Test everybody, in season and out of season. And if you still use and you get caught, then you should be suspended for the whole year. I said that a long time ago, and nobody listened.

"I'm going to do my thing. I'm going to keep working out, stay on my program, and if I don't get out of it, I'm done. God will be telling me that I'm done."

In the past, the public, fatigued of disgrace and ready to get on with the fun and games, has wanted to ignore the heavy steroid talk. Innocent until proven guilty, people would say. The Ortiz case is a reversal: They have demanded drugs be part of the discourse.

Ortiz doth protest too much. Very odd; why is he questioning the minimal testing MLB now does?

Plain and simple whether he did or didn't doesn't really matter. The pitchers and the competition were using too. BFD at this point. back to Palookaville; yous till earned 2 rings and no one can take that from you. The field was level.

Problem is David Arias as a Twin was a pretty average AL 1st baseman. I know-the Twins-otherwise a very good organization developing young talent dropped the ball on him.

He gets to Boston, becomes David Ortiz and experiences and unprecedented career rise to superstar. And then drops off the table production-wise once serious testing comes in.

Here's some RSN heresy for you. But again-THEY ARE ALL CHEATING. You're only

a virgin once. The chemistry will always be ahead of the testing. Kinda like A-rod and Mark Texiera will ALWAYS BE STEALING MONEY. I want these guys to start taking roids TODAY!

Confronting my worst nightmare

By Bill Simmons

Page 2

pg2_g_redsox_04banner_576.jpgBoston's 2004 title was a defining moment in the lives of many New Englanders.

Dateline: May 7, 2014

My son and I have flown from California to spend the week in Boston. He is a little more than 6

Archived