Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer breaks down film on Kellen Clemens and Mark Sanchez

JetsFan34

Our offense is going to rely on the Quarterback and Brian Schottenheimer. Are we going to get the creative Schott from 2006 or the uncreative 2007 and 2008 version? Rex Ryan doesn't know what an I Formation is, so this entire offense is in Schott's hands. This is the make or break year for him. Lets hope he is what we thought he was in 2006, because if he is, we are going to have a special season. At least a competitive one, because this defense is going to keep us in and win us multiple games.

Our offense is going to rely on the Quarterback and Brian Schottenheimer. Are we going to get the creative Schott from 2006 or the uncreative 2007 and 2008 version? Rex Ryan doesn't know what an I Formation is, so this entire offense is in Schott's hands. This is the make or break year for him. Lets hope he is what we thought he was in 2006, because if he is, we are going to have a special season. At least a competitive one, because this defense is going to keep us in and win us multiple games.

Rex was one of the most, if not the MOST successful Defensive Coach/Coordinator and you're saying that he doesnt know what an "I formation" is? So what the hell was he defending against? You just think he told the guys what felt right at the time or something? And if he did that would make your comment even worse.

I see you love to nitpick, how about reading some of Rex's quotes recently or watching his press conferences when he talks about what is going through his mind when he wanders into Offensive meetings/philosophies.

Want me to get more technical for you? Okay, I will.

Rex Ryan knows what an I Formation is, but he has ZERO knowledge of how to run an offense or how to run an I Formation, he knows how to defend it with what he has on the Defensive side of the ball.

Happy now?

I can't get them or a handful of others to work either. I think it might have something to do with my version of windows.

it has to do with your internet browser. clear your data (cookies, etc.). that should do it.

it happens all the time when i use my firefox browser, but never with my google chrome browser.

He was excellent in that game. Really thought we had something after that game :(

I think I remember you making a comment about how that was one of the best QBed games the Jets had in years to that point, maybe since Pennington's run in '02.

The stats don't jump off the page at you but the guy just played brilliantly that day.

I see you love to nitpick, how about reading some of Rex's quotes recently or watching his press conferences when he talks about what is going through his mind when he wanders into Offensive meetings/philosophies.

Rex Ryan knows what an I Formation is, but he has ZERO knowledge of how to run an offense or how to run an I Formation, he knows how to defend it with what he has on the Defensive side of the ball.

Happy now?

I think you misunderstood ryans quote

he said he was in an o-line meeting, and it was like listening to greek or whatever

there is a big difference between his not being up on the jets o-line calls, and not understanding how an offense is run

I think you misunderstood ryans quote

he said he was in an o-line meeting, and it was like listening to greek or whatever

there is a big difference between his not being up on the jets o-line calls, and not understanding how an offense is run

There were many quotes, not just from Offensive Line meetings. The guy knows diddly squat about offense. The offense is 110% going to be in Brian Schottenheimer's hands, Rex's only words will be a heavy influence on the running game.

There were many quotes, not just from Offensive Line meetings. The guy knows diddly squat about offense. The offense is 110% going to be in Brian Schottenheimer's hands, Rex's only words will be a heavy influence on the running game.

you got me

an NFL defensive coordinator knows diddly squat about offense

cuz it's easy to stop something you don't understand

you got me

an NFL defensive coordinator knows diddly squat about offense

cuz it's easy to stop something you don't understand

You still don't understand it, do you?

For the 200th time, he knows how to defend one, zero knowledge of how to run one or when to call a play/etc.

it has to do with your internet browser. clear your data (cookies, etc.). that should do it.

it happens all the time when i use my firefox browser, but never with my google chrome browser.

I use Firefox and lately I can't play videos from Spike TV or NFL.com and my private data is erased every time I close the page.

Any other ideas? I'm trying to catch up on Deadliest Warrior.

Happy now?

I would bet my life that Rex Ryan know EXACTLY how to run an offense!!! "ZERO" knowledge

You're saying an NFL head coach has ZERO knowledge of how to run an I formation!!! LOLOLOL

That's hysterical, hey boroguy, you might want to ask that profession team of psychiatrists to stick around for another session.

I use Firefox and lately I can't play videos from Spike TV or NFL.com and my private data is erased every time I close the page.

Any other ideas? I'm trying to catch up on Deadliest Warrior.

2 words: Google Chrome. It owns.

For the 200th time, he knows how to defend one, zero knowledge of how to run one or when to call a play/etc.

Actually, in order to effectively stop a running play, don't you have to know how it works?

In order to be an effective defensive play caller, don't you have to know what plays the OC is likely to call in a given situation?

You don't get to become an HC with zero knowledge of one side of the ball unless your name is Herman Edwards, in which case you have zero knowledge of both sides.

Ryan is just saying that stuff, it doesn't mean anything. A lot of leaders will claim they don't know something in order to give a subordinate some confidence. At the end of the day however, the HC is responsible and certainly has input and understands how things work. You can not defend an NFL offense if you don't know what they're going to do themselves, i.e., how they run their offense. A defense primarily tries to disrupt an offense, and you can't disrupt if you don't know what they're trying to do.

But hey, let's say you are right. That just means Rex Ryan will either need to learn how an NFL offense works or he is going to be another terrible coach in a long line of terrible head coaches. Only the Jets can hire three HCs in a row that don't know how to run an NFL offense. A good franchise doesn't even hire one HC that can't handle one side of the ball. If you're a Jet fan, then even you need to hope you're wrong on this one.

Actually, in order to effectively stop a running play, don't you have to know how it works?

In order to be an effective defensive play caller, don't you have to know what plays the OC is likely to call in a given situation?

You have to know how the team calls a game and what plays that they run.

Rex Ryan has stated many times that he doesn't know what is going on in Offensive meetings. He is going to be leaving it all in the hands of Brian Schottenheimer. He does not know how to control or run an offense, this is a known fact (Rex Ryan, not Schottenheimer).

Archived