New York Yankees vs. Philadelphia Phillies @ Yankee Stadium

PS17

He is by far their most clutch hitter this year. It's really great to see. He's always been one of my favorites.

A-Rod has been pretty clutch as well. I guess competition is good for Melky.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cano and Melky are playing lights out. What is the difference between this year and last year? No Abreu to drag them down?

How did Abreu drag them down? He hit for both Power & Average last season. He wasnt the greatest RF but he did have a cannon for an arm.

How did Abreu drag them down? He hit for both Power & Average last season. He wasnt the greatest RF but he did have a cannon for an arm.

Well, if that wasn't what I was talking about. I was obviously talking about something else. I meant in terms of a distraction/bad influence in the locker room and personal lives. I thought they were all friends last season. I could be wrong. I was just asking a question.

Well, if that wasn't what I was talking about. I was obviously talking about something else. I meant in terms of a distraction/bad influence in the locker room and personal lives. I thought they were all friends last season. I could be wrong. I was just asking a question.

Oh my apologies, i didnt see the "?" @ the end of the Abreu statement.

Maybe melky & Cano are simply maturing. They are polar opposites of what they were last season.

Oh my apologies, i didnt see the "?" @ the end of the Abreu statement.

Maybe melky & Cano are simply maturing. They are polar opposites of what they were last season.

That was the only reason I asked. It is like night and day. I was just wondering what the difference was and what was holding them back from doing this last year?

If Girardi doesn't bench Swisher today, I may eat my own head off. Gardner in Center, Melky in right, problem solved.

YANKEES (25-18)

Derek Jeter SS

Johnny Damon LF

Mark Teixeira 1B

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Robinson Cano 2B

Melky Cabrera RF

Hideki Matsui DH

Francisco Cervelli C

Brett Gardner CF

Pitching: CC Sabathia (4-3, 3.43 ERA)

YANKEES (25-18)

Derek Jeter SS

Johnny Damon LF

Mark Teixeira 1B

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Robinson Cano 2B

Melky Cabrera RF

Hideki Matsui DH

Francisco Cervelli C

Brett Gardner CF

Thank GOD

YANKEES (25-18)

Derek Jeter SS

Johnny Damon LF

Mark Teixeira 1B

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Robinson Cano 2B

Melky Cabrera RF

Hideki Matsui DH

Francisco Cervelli C

Brett Gardner CF

Nick Swisher finally gets a day off. I like the fact that he moved Matsui down. He was killing me @ the #5 spot.

Archived