Down on the Sox Farm

CrazyCarl40

Go to SOSH or RedSoxNation.net... There's plenty of talk about the Yankees there. Go to NYYfans.com... there's plenty of talk about the Red Sox. You don't get to choose the topics on this board.

All Yankees talk makes JetNation a circle jerk.

Corrected.

Oh give me a break. Every ****ing thread on SoSh trolls the ****ing Yankees. Should be the same way here for the Red Sox

Oh, give me a break. This is a ****ing Jets board.

**** the Yankees.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Isn't this a baseball section on a New York website? I don't see how anybody would care for this ****.

Obviously you're wrong. If you don't care for it simply don't post here. Now that sounds real easy doesn't it ?

No, this is the offseason

This is the baseball forum

Mostly Yankee fans, so yes it is a Yankee forum

F#$% you

Okay, we'll only post Yankee threads from now on.

Of course, once they fall back out of first, you'll never see any of them.

Key word mostly. It's a Jets site, for Jets fans. If there are Jets fans that are Red Sox, Mets, Braves, or Cubs fans, there is a place for their threads here that is NOT trolling.

Trolling, I believe by definition, is posting simply to antagonize someone else. This thread was not meant to antagonize, but to have a thread for the Red Sox fans on the site updating them on the farm system. Like it or not, there are Red Sox fans here, lol.

This is a baseball forum that happens to be on a Jets messageboard. There are fans of many MLB teams here.

There are many good Yankees fans that post here that get drowned out by the obnoxious minority that make every thread about the Yanks.

As a NYY fan, I'm very interested in Boston's farm system. I don't follow the minor leagues as much as I'd like. Are they that loaded? I keep reading that they hav eplenty of trading chips to get a bat without giving up one of their top prospects.

And if so, where does the Yankees talent stack up? I know Jackson and Montero are doing really well.

Here is the Baseball America organizational talent rankings. The Sox are slightly ahead of the Yankees. But based upon what I have seen, I think the Sox have done a better job getting players ready for the majors.

1. Texas Rangers

2. Florida Marlins

3. Oakland Athletics

4. Tampa Bay Rays

5. San Francisco Giants

6. Atlanta Braves

7. Cleveland Indians

8. St. Louis Cardinals

9. Baltimore Orioles

10. Milwaukee Brewers

11. Kansas City Royals

12. Philadelphia Phillies

13. Boston Red Sox

14. Cincinnati Reds

15. New York Yankees

16. Chicago White Sox

17. New York Mets

18. Pittsburgh Pirates

19. Toronto Blue Jays

20. Colorado Rockies

21. Washington Nationals

22. Minnesota Twins

23. Los Angeles Dodgers

24. Seattle Mariners

25. Los Angeles Angels

26. Arizona Diamonbacks

27. Chicago Cubs

28. Detroit Tigers

29. San Diego Padres

30. Houston Astros

Here is the Baseball America organizational talent rankings. The Sox are slightly ahead of the Yankees. But based upon what I have seen, I think the Sox have done a better job getting players ready for the majors.

1. Texas Rangers

2. Florida Marlins

3. Oakland Athletics

4. Tampa Bay Rays

5. San Francisco Giants

6. Atlanta Braves

7. Cleveland Indians

8. St. Louis Cardinals

9. Baltimore Orioles

10. Milwaukee Brewers

11. Kansas City Royals

12. Philadelphia Phillies

13. Boston Red Sox

14. Cincinnati Reds

15. New York Yankees

16. Chicago White Sox

17. New York Mets

18. Pittsburgh Pirates

19. Toronto Blue Jays

20. Colorado Rockies

21. Washington Nationals

22. Minnesota Twins

23. Los Angeles Dodgers

24. Seattle Mariners

25. Los Angeles Angels

26. Arizona Diamonbacks

27. Chicago Cubs

28. Detroit Tigers

29. San Diego Padres

30. Houston Astros

Judging from the Mets AAA farm team in Buffalo, no way the Mets are 17th. I figured them for 26 or so.

Judging from the Mets AAA farm team in Buffalo, no way the Mets are 17th. I figured them for 26 or so.

The Mets have little talent in triple A. Other than Jon Niese I really can't think of anyone else they consider a serious prospect. Most of the Mets top Prospects are currently playing lower level ball. I don't follow the minor leagues too much, I am sure some guys on this board can elaborate much more than I can.

Smoltzie got rained out this evening in Syracuse.

Buchholz is now 4-0 1.75 ERA 59 Ks and 15 BBs in 67 IP. He is probably ready any time now.

Sox went legend in the 36th round of the draft by selecting Michael Yastrzemski, RF, St. John's Prep (MA). He's the grandson of Yaz.

Smoltzie got rained out this evening in Syracuse.

Buchholz is now 4-0 1.75 ERA 59 Ks and 15 BBs in 67 IP. He is probably ready any time now.

Sox went legend in the 36th round of the draft by selecting Michael Yastrzemski, RF, St. John's Prep (MA). He's the grandson of Yaz.

23 years in baseball and no rings. Legend :yawn:

Archived