Does Sanchez Lack The Arm Strength To Play In The Meadowlands? ~ CBS Sports

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The little woman and I have watched most of Sanchez's USC games. While his arm strength is NOT Chad's I don't think it's anything special to write home to mom about. That's one reason why I didn't want the Jets giving up choices to move up to grab him. :bag: As we all know there's so much more to being a QB besides arm strength. Let's hope he's got enough of those.

Arm strength is great and all, but its definitely an overrated aspect of NFL QBs. For starters, just through the implementation of an NFL-level strength and conditioning program and improvements in throwing technique its certainly something that can be improved at least to an extent. But the bottom line is, a QB needs the arm strength to effectively make all of the necessary throws in the NFL. He doesn't need to be able to fire 60 yard passes on a frozen rope on every play, because that's not the way the NFL works. He just needs to be able to make passes without restrictions.

Like with the example of Pennington, it is very clear he has a tendency to float his passes when throwing passes to the outside. That allows NFL defenders an extra second to break on those passes, which can make all the difference in the world. As long as Sanchez can make all of the throws effectively without obvious limitations, which I think he can, it doesn't matter whether or not he's firing bullets all over the field.

Seeing that as of right now, there is no cap past this year, I'd say this is currently a moot point.

Seeing as of right now, I doubt they are going to cut him and take the cap hit.

FYI: Sanchez will only be playing at Giants Stadium for 1 season.

The new stadium is a different configuration and orientation than Giant Stadium, so the impact of the wind will be completely different.

If it's anything like the new Yankee Stadium, he'll probably be able to throw it end zone to end zone.

And you know what? I wouldn't mind having a healthy Chad Pennington. I miss those days. It kindof sucks being a Jets fan, you always wonder "what could have been".

Pennington is average now, but before all the shoulder injuries and other nonsense, he was a star on the rise.

Actually the Raiders playoff game added some weight to that star and after that it was more like a headlamp on an old Buick.

His contract also kept us from resigning key players.

He just hamstrung us with contracts and offense. He's the GF that we fell head over heels for, she cheated on us, we stayed with her and in the end you look back and think "Why the **** did I put myself through that?"

He just hamstrung us with contracts and offense. He's the GF that we fell head over heels for, she cheated on us, we stayed with her and in the end you look back and think "Why the **** did I put myself through that?"

I wouldn't know. Girls don't cheat on internet legends such as myself.

Kareem McKenzie and Jason Ferguson if my memory serves me correctly.

Probably could have kept Coles to go with Moss rather than letting him go to Washington.

When did Chad get his contract, 03? I forget.

Mackenzie, yeah absolutely, Coles got an absurd amount from Washington

When did Chad get his contract, 03? I forget.

Mackenzie, yeah absolutely, Coles got an absurd amount from Washington

I pretty much retired my Chad arguments a long time ago, so I dont remember all of the specifics.

Jason Ferguson got a lot of money too, but his loss was the biggest (pun partially intended).

We had an impressive DLine of Abraham, Ellis, DRob, and Ferg, and once you took the big man out of the middle, and tried to replace him with James Reed, well, you end up with an awful line, and Reed punching Vilma in the face.

I pretty much retired my Chad arguments a long time ago, so I dont remember all of the specifics.

Jason Ferguson got a lot of money too, but his loss was the biggest (pun partially intended).

We had an impressive DLine of Abraham, Ellis, DRob, and Ferg, and once you took the big man out of the middle, and tried to replace him with James Reed, well, you end up with an awful line, and Reed punching Vilma in the face.

DRob? He sucked.

I don't understand certain people. Mark Sanchez does not have a weak arm. He can play in the Meadowlands. I ****ing hate people who critisize him and he hasn't hit the ****ing field yet.

Whatever. I know for a fact that Sanchez will prove many people wrong. Just wait and see.

Archived