Does Sanchez Lack The Arm Strength To Play In The Meadowlands? ~ CBS Sports

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand certain people. Mark Sanchez does not have a weak arm. He can play in the Meadowlands. I ****ing hate people who critisize him and he hasn't hit the ****ing field yet.

Whatever. I know for a fact that Sanchez will prove many people wrong. Just wait and see.

Do you hate them as much as the people who are already annointing him to the HOF or are they about on the same level?

I pretty much retired my Chad arguments a long time ago, so I dont remember all of the specifics.

Jason Ferguson got a lot of money too, but his loss was the biggest (pun partially intended).

We had an impressive DLine of Abraham, Ellis, DRob, and Ferg, and once you took the big man out of the middle, and tried to replace him with James Reed, well, you end up with an awful line, and Reed punching Vilma in the face.

Ah yes, the dreaded FEAR.

Is he still in the NFL?

I don't know. And, just because a guy sucks now, and sucked pretty much his whole career doesn't mean he can't have a good year?

Also, this is not a question of his value as per the trade or draft position, simply a statement that he was part of a good Jets D-Line in 2004.

And you guys whine when you get called out...............

I don't know. And, just because a guy sucks now, and sucked pretty much his whole career doesn't mean he can't have a good year?

Also, this is not a question of his value as per the trade or draft position, simply a statement that he was part of a good Jets D-Line in 2004.

And you guys whine when you get called out...............

You guys went 10-6 in 2004. I didn't see many Jets games that year so I can't dispute your comments about DRob's performance.

FYI: Sanchez will only be playing at Giants Stadium for 1 season.

The new stadium is a different configuration and orientation than Giant Stadium, so the impact of the wind will be completely different.

/ end thread

so i guess that means you should just never draft a qb; looking for a franchise caliber guy. the risk of him not panning out is just too much right? :rolleyes:

Where did I say that? Please show me it. Thanks.

All I'm saying is that is widely known that if you are going to invest $60-80 million on a Top 5 pick and he is a Quarterback, that is your franchise for the next 3-5 years, even if he struggles. You are setting back your team for the next 3-5 years if he doesn't pan out. At the same time, if he pans out, you have a franchise QB for the next 10-15 years. It is risk that some teams need to make. Did the Jets need to take that risk with this particular player? Thats another question for another day.

The year in question, 2004, he played fairly well.

Not a star by any means, but the line as a whole looked very good.

Robertson had one season where he was average, adequate at best. The rest of the time he was garbage. A complete bust. We were lucky to get rid of him.

I do agree with you however that I wish we were able to resign Ferguson and McKenize. If Mangini had Ferguson when he came to New York, our defense might not have been horrible up the middle for the first two years.

If you invest what the Jets are investing in Sanchez if he doesn't pan out your franchise is set back for the next 3-5 years.

& how would that be any different from 40 years of not winning sh!t? :yawn:

You guys went 10-6 in 2004. I didn't see many Jets games that year so I can't dispute your comments about DRob's performance.

yet you feel the need to chime in on anything else Jets related like you're a first-hand source??? :rolleyes:

Let me be the first to say it.........

Mark = Chad

Pre-injury Chad will be just fine.

I hope Clemens steps up so that Sanchez gets some NFL weight on him and he knows the offense like the back of his hand. I think it's weak to just hand him the job, and it'd just kill any potential value Clemens could have...though I realize it's much easier to say Clemens sucks and give Sanchez the keys. That always works so well too.

It's one thing to look like Quarterback Jesus, while surrounded with a college all-star team playing against a bunch of kids in sunny Southern California. It's another thing to do it in the National Football League, playing against competition just as talented as your own team, in blustery New Jersey.

We'll see. I'm on record as saying this was a bad ****ing decision.

It's one thing to look like Quarterback Jesus, while surrounded with a college all-star team playing against a bunch of kids in sunny Southern California. It's another thing to do it in the National Football League, playing against competition just as talented as your own team, in blustery New Jersey.

Carson Palmer says hello.

And if it doesn't work out I am sure you will be thrilled to be right and let us know constantly. :rolleyes:

And if it doesn't work out I am sure you will be thrilled to be right and let us know constantly. :rolleyes:

Isn't it sad that some people who claim to be fans of this team actually seem like they want him to fail so they can beat their chests and say "I told you so"?

I thought that fans of a team were actually supposed to cheer on the players, not hope they fail. ****ing pitiful. It's times like this I'm embarrassed to be a Jets' fan.

You just know these people are going to be coming out after he throws 3 INT's in a game and say how much he sucks, he was the wrong pick, etc. It will happen, he will have bad games, but people will be here in droves to pat themselves on the back. Of course, if he has a good game, they will be nowhere to be found.

Typical Jets' fans.

Agreed 100%.

And to the posts below Troll's, what is wrong about talking about it if he does turn out to suck? We can't talk about bad things anymore? Are the message boards just for unicorns, pony's and lollipops now?

I guess whenever the Jets lose we shouldn't talk about it, otherwise, we're typical Jet fans.

And again, how are Troll and other anti-Sanchez fans hoping for him to fail? Has anyone ever said "I hope he fails, I hope we suck"? I don't think so. More like you are allowed to like or dislike a player. If you can do that with the other 31 teams, you can do it with your team. It doesn't make you any less of a fan if you don't love all 53 players on your roster. If you're a fan you are going to cheer for all 53 players regardless of whether you think the guy is right for the job or not.

I don't like Sanchez, but I hope he is awesome and I will be cheering for him every single Sunday whenever he is behind center. BUT, if he does not perform, why can't we talk about it?

Agreed 100%.

And to the posts below Troll's, what is wrong about talking about it if he does turn out to suck? We can't talk about bad things anymore? Are the message boards just for unicorns, pony's and lollipops now?

I guess whenever the Jets lose we shouldn't talk about it, otherwise, we're typical Jet fans.

And again, how are Troll and other anti-Sanchez fans hoping for him to fail? Has anyone ever said "I hope he fails, I hope we suck"? I don't think so. More like you are allowed to like or dislike a player. If you can do that with the other 31 teams, you can do it with your team. It doesn't make you any less of a fan if you don't love all 53 players on your roster. If you're a fan you are going to cheer for all 53 players regardless of whether you think the guy is right for the job or not.

I don't like Sanchez, but I hope he is awesome and I will be cheering for him every single Sunday whenever he is behind center. BUT, if he does not perform, why can't we talk about it?

Bull****. You're such a phony. You know people are going to come on here and gloat about how they didn't like him from the start and he sucks after his first 3 interception game, and you're going to be one of them.

Go stare at your Clemens poster you hung over your Nugent one.

Bull****. You're such a phony. You know people are going to come on here and gloat about how they didn't like him from the start and he sucks after his first 3 interception game, and you're going to be one of them.

Go stare at your Clemens poster you hung over your Nugent one.

SO if he doesn't peform, what is wrong about reminding people that you were warned from the beginning? This is a message board. You can't just talk about lollipops, unicorns and sunshine.

Where did I say that? Please show me it. Thanks.

All I'm saying is that is widely known that if you are going to invest $60-80 million on a Top 5 pick and he is a Quarterback, that is your franchise for the next 3-5 years, even if he struggles. You are setting back your team for the next 3-5 years if he doesn't pan out. At the same time, if he pans out, you have a franchise QB for the next 10-15 years. It is risk that some teams need to make. Did the Jets need to take that risk with this particular player? Thats another question for another day.

I normally agree with your stance on this Joe, but not in the case of Sanchez. We really didn't give up nearly as much as I thought it would take to get him AND we still have the same situation with Clemens that we had prior to drafting Sanchez. All Sanchez really sets us back by is the player we might have taken in the 1st and 2nd round had we stayed put. In comparison, had Eli Manning been a collosal bust it could have set the Giants back for years considering what they gave up in picks.

Trading for a QB who busts only sets you back for years if you give up alot of current and future draft picks to get him. We gave up a bunch of JAG players instead of picks. Players that were likely going to be gone within a year or 2 anyway.

We are in a fairly good situation right now. Like you, I still believe in Clemens and from the looks of TC Clemens is gonna have his shot to be thee starter on opening day. If he plays well and we win games, he's gonna hold down his job. Don't forget Philip Rivers sat for 2 years thanks to Drew Brees, and Schotty was in SD when that happened so it's not something out of the realm for us. If Clemens does play well, we then have the luxury to play Clemens and let Sanchez learn on the bench for a couple years. Once it's time to make a decision the coaches can either trade Clemens for a hefty return (again this is assuming he plays well), or trade Sanchez for a hefty return (his value will still be very high ala Brady Quinn right now). The only way that we can lose big time in this is if Clemens falls flat on his face and Sanchez follows suit. Even then we are still in relatively good shape to find a replacement immediately via the FA market.

Why does it make someone more of a fan to root for Sanchez? I liked Matt Robinson. Did it make me less of a fan for rooting for Todd to be demoted? For rooting for Jerry Holmes over Donald Dykes?

Yes.

You are a real fan if you prefer Sanchez over Clemens. If you prefer Clemens over Sanchez, you are not a real Jet fan. :rl:

I normally agree with your stance on this Joe, but not in the case of Sanchez. We really didn't give up nearly as much as I thought it would take to get him AND we still have the same situation with Clemens that we had prior to drafting Sanchez. All Sanchez really sets us back by is the player we might have taken in the 1st and 2nd round had we stayed put. In comparison, had Eli Manning been a collosal bust it could have set the Giants back for years considering what they gave up in picks.

Trading for a QB who busts only sets you back for years if you give up alot of current and future draft picks to get him. We gave up a bunch of JAG players instead of picks. Players that were likely going to be gone within a year or 2 anyway.

We are in a fairly good situation right now. Like you, I still believe in Clemens and from the looks of TC Clemens is gonna have his shot to be thee starter on opening day. If he plays well and we win games, he's gonna hold down his job. Don't forget Philip Rivers sat for 2 years thanks to Drew Brees, and Schotty was in SD when that happened so it's not something out of the realm for us. If Clemens does play well, we then have the luxury to play Clemens and let Sanchez learn on the bench for a couple years. Once it's time to make a decision the coaches can either trade Clemens for a hefty return (again this is assuming he plays well), or trade Sanchez for a hefty return (his value will still be very high ala Brady Quinn right now). The only way that we can lose big time in this is if Clemens falls flat on his face and Sanchez follows suit. Even then we are still in relatively good shape to find a replacement immediately via the FA market.

Wouldn't it be beautiful for Clemens to win the job and the Jets end up dealing Sanchez in two years? Oh boy that would be awesome. Sidestepping disaster! :cheers:

Yes.

You are a real fan if you prefer Sanchez over Clemens. If you prefer Clemens over Sanchez, you are not a real Jet fan. :rl:

So if Sanchez beats out Kellen in training camp, will you still be prefering Clemens?

Archived