Does Sanchez Lack The Arm Strength To Play In The Meadowlands? ~ CBS Sports

I'm in College and it has circulated around the college scenes as well. Charlie The Unicorn is a legend.

Not so much anymore though. Now its all about that homo Asher Roth. Another one hit wonder whose song will be played out this summer and by September will be a lost figure for the remainder of his life.

I hope he cashes in on it.

QFCSXr6qnv4

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me crazy, but if the Jets FO had concerns about his arm strength they probably wouldn't have traded up 12 spots to get him. And I think the Jets are more familiar with the winds of Giants Stadium than some unnamed GM.

Call me crazy, but if the Jets FO had concerns about his arm strength they probably wouldn't have traded up 12 spots to get him. And I think the Jets are more familiar with the winds of Giants Stadium than some unnamed GM.

Unless of course that unnamed GM is Jerry Reese of the New York Giants.

Jerry Reese has put together a roster that makes Mike Tannenbaum's Jet teams look like a combination farm club/retirement home.

Eli=Super Bowl MVP.

I wasn't bashing Reese at all and agree with all your points so I'm kind of confused what you're trying to say here.

Jerry Reese has put together a roster that makes Mike Tannenbaum's Jet teams look like a combination farm club/retirement home.

Eli=Super Bowl MVP.

That's idiotic, Shane. Come on now.

Do you know why it's idiotic?

Because it was Ernie Acorsi who built that team. It was his roster. He drafted all the significant players on that team. Reese took over the year they went to the SB.

Get your facts straight before you bash the Jets.

Because it was Ernie Acorsi who built that team. It was his roster. He drafted all the significant players on that team. Reese took over the year they went to the SB.

Jerry Reese drafted these players that played a role in that Super Bowl run:

WR Steve Smith (slot weapon)

TE Kevin Boss (huge once Shockey went down, now starting, excellent blocker)

CB Aaron Ross (starter)

RB Ahmad Bradshaw (dynamic RB who could start outside of NY)

Then in 2008 he also brought aboard SS Kenny Phillips and WR Mario Manningham.

Not to mention all the resignings he was able to complete and core reserve players he was able to bring in.

We havn't had a draft as good as the 2007 Giants one under Tannenbaum, and that was Reese's first shot.

Jerry Reese drafted these players that played a role in that Super Bowl run:

WR Steve Smith (slot weapon)

TE Kevin Boss (huge once Shockey went down, now starting, excellent blocker)

CB Aaron Ross (starter)

RB Ahmad Bradshaw (dynamic RB who could start outside of NY)

Then in 2008 he also brought aboard SS Kenny Phillips and WR Mario Manningham.

Not to mention all the resignings he was able to complete and core reserve players he was able to bring in.

We havn't had a draft as good as the 2007 Giants one under Tannenbaum, and that was Reese's first shot.

Come on, 124, Reese brought in 3 role players and a 1 from-the-get-go starter in 2007. Tannenbaum did as much in 2006 in his first shot.

But that's beside my point. My point is that Ernie did exponentially more in building the SB team than Reese has done.

Reese has done a nice job, but Ernie brought in all the impact players. The 6 you mentioned for Reese are all second/third tier compared to Ernie's players.

Come on, 124, Reese brought in 3 role players and a 1 from-the-get-go starter in 2007. Tannenbaum did as much in 2006 in his first shot.

But that's beside my point. My point is that Ernie did exponentially more in building the SB team than Reese has done.

Reese has done a nice job, but Ernie brought in all the impact players. The 6 you mentioned for Reese are all second/third tier compared to Ernie's players.

No argument here that Ernie Acorsi bulit 95% of that team, no argument here. Reese has done an outstanding job since then.

Tannenbaum gave us an average LT and a GREAT Center in 2006, I'll give him that.

Aside from Gholston, all of his 1st round picks have panned out to be at least decent starters (Ferguson, Mangold, Revis, Keller)

That's no fun.

You know, you're probably right in that I am giving Reese too much creditr for putting that Giants team together. Still, though, with his drafts and his handling of free agents, the early returns are promising. I don't think it's arguable that you'd rather have Reese than you would Tanny, no?

You know, you're probably right in that I am giving Reese too much creditr for putting that Giants team together. Still, though, with his drafts and his handling of free agents, the early returns are promising. I don't think it's arguable that you'd rather have Reese than you would Tanny, no?

i would say it is definitely arguable, Revis, Keller, Mangold, and Brick have all worked very well. We'll see if Reese fixed his team's problem at wr or not, i am thinking not, Eli needs a guy who is TALL and can start NOW. I think he drafted those things but not in the same wr, Nicks can play, Ramses is huge but a project. Also, Tanny does seem to have a much much much better handle on working the cap than a lot of other guys in the league.

It is arguable.

He hasn't acquired or drafted anyone so friggin' great yet. He's drafted three WR's in his first 3 drafts in the first 3 rounds. Manningham didn't play. In his 2nd season Smith was 4th string behind some 2nd year nobody that Denver cut a month into his 2nd season and 34 year-old Amani Toomer. Their WR situation for 2009 is actually worse than the Jets' is, for all the Jets fans bitching. He lost Derrick Ward without compensation after he led the NFL in ypc. He signed Plaxico to an extension and then cut him a year later. He drafted a long snapper in the 4th round. And he had a solid OL 5-across, all of whom were there already when he got the job. He signed a 30 year-old backup/situational DT to a $4M/year contract and Michael Bowley $5M per year to switch from SLB to WLB. He gave Chris Canty, a pure 3-4 DE at 6'7"/300 lbs, and the position that made him a coveted FA in the first place, $7M per year to change positions and play inside & outside on a 4-man line.

The Giants were already in excellent shape roster-wise and cap-wise when he stepped into the job. Compare that situation to the one Tannenbaum was handed after the 2005 season ended. Reese has had it easy so far. Real easy.

It is arguable.

He hasn't acquired or drafted anyone so friggin' great yet. He's drafted three WR's in his first 3 drafts in the first 3 rounds. Manningham didn't play. In his 2nd season Smith was 4th string behind some 2nd year nobody that Denver cut a month into his 2nd season and 34 year-old Amani Toomer. Their WR situation for 2009 is actually worse than the Jets' is, for all the Jets fans bitching. He lost Derrick Ward without compensation after he led the NFL in ypc. He signed Plaxico to an extension and then cut him a year later. He drafted a long snapper in the 4th round. And he had a solid OL 5-across, all of whom were there already when he got the job. He signed a 30 year-old backup/situational DT to a $4M/year contract and Michael Bowley $5M per year to switch from SLB to WLB. He gave Chris Canty, a pure 3-4 DE at 6'7"/300 lbs, and the position that made him a coveted FA in the first place, $7M per year to change positions and play inside & outside on a 4-man line.

The Giants were already in excellent shape roster-wise and cap-wise when he stepped into the job. Compare that situation to the one Tannenbaum was handed after the 2005 season ended. Reese has had it easy so far. Real easy.

Both Tannenbaum and Reese were central figures in their personnel departments prior to assuming the top job, now. Reese gets some of the credit for that Giants foundation the same way that one would have to question Tannenbaum's role in the disasters of the Bradway regime. And if you want to say that Tannenbaum deserves none of the blame fo Bradways foibles because he was just a Cap guy, then what, exactly, qualified him for the GM gig if he had nothing to do with selecting the players?

And you can spin individual moves all you want, the fact is that the Giants are a talented team that gets more talented every year, and they consistently have the lesser draft position.

Both Tannenbaum and Reese were central figures in their personnel departments prior to assuming the top job, now. Reese gets some of the credit for that Giants foundation the same way that one would have to question Tannenbaum's role in the disasters of the Bradway regime. And if you want to say that Tannenbaum deserves none of the blame fo Bradways foibles because he was just a Cap guy, then what, exactly, qualified him for the GM gig if he had nothing to do with selecting the players?

And you can spin individual moves all you want, the fact is that the Giants are a talented team that gets more talented every year, and they consistently have the lesser draft position.

I can only speak to their jobs done as the GM. Any specific moves or "the deal-maker" type contributions to any specific moves attributed to either prior to that is speculation.

I'm not suggesting Tannenbaum is the perfect GM. He isn't. But so far he's a great GM as much as Bill Callahan was a great HC when he took over for Gruden in Oakland. This is his first truly active year in free agency (other than re-signing Plaxico with no "behavior" type clauses last year), so we'll see how marvelous he is. Every one of his moves may prove to be great. But so far he should be getting credit for pretty much nothing.

And you know what? I wouldn't mind having a healthy Chad Pennington. I miss those days. It kindof sucks being a Jets fan, you always wonder "what could have been".

Pennington is average now, but before all the shoulder injuries and other nonsense, he was a star on the rise.

If he's average, what is considered good? Lol!

As for this debate, arm strength is so over rated. Making the right decisions and hitting receivers in stride is what it's all about. A big arm means nothing if you can't process the information and put the ball on a spot.

As for this debate, arm strength is so over rated. Making the right decisions and hitting receivers in stride is what it's all about. A big arm means nothing if you can't process the information and put the ball on a spot.

After how many strides can he hit them? Four?

If he's average, what is considered good? Lol!.

Pennington is average. He is never going to take the team on his back and lead you back from 17 down and win a game. He can't do that. He is never going to get you more than 1 win in the postseason unless you have a Top 3 Defense and a Top 3 Rushing Attack and even then it will be hard for him.

Chad can manage you to victories, yes he can get you 10, 11 wins once in a while, but he isn't going to lead you to any 13-3 campaigns and he certainly isn't leading anyone past the final 8 teams.

The roughly 10 QB's who are are unequivicolly better then the noodle arm'd sissy?

Rivers

Brees

Brady

Manning

McNabb

Big Ben

Cutler

Warner

Palmer

E. Manning

Ryan

Rodgers

:character42:

Good isn't getting blown out in the first round of the playoffs almost everytime you go there. Good isn't throwing wounded duck passes. Good isn't getting injured all the ****ing time.

Chad Pennington is not good.

The roughly 10 QB's who are are unequivicolly better then the noodle arm'd sissy?

Rivers

Brees

Brady

Manning

McNabb

Big Ben

Cutler

Warner

Palmer

E. Manning

Ryan

Rodgers

You can even add Cassel, Romo, and Hasselbeck to that list.

Pennington is average. He is never going to take the team on his back and lead you back from 17 down and win a game. He can't do that. He is never going to get you more than 1 win in the postseason unless you have a Top 3 Defense and a Top 3 Rushing Attack and even then it will be hard for him.

Chad can manage you to victories, yes he can get you 10, 11 wins once in a while, but he isn't going to lead you to any 13-3 campaigns and he certainly isn't leading anyone past the final 8 teams.

And he usually doesn't get his team down 17 because he doesn't turn it over and he doesn't have 3 and out series.

I don't see how an average player was 2nd in the MVP voting. You guys are just biased so I'll just leave it at that I suppose. You're wrong and you know it.

And he usually doesn't get his team down 17 because he doesn't turn it over and he doesn't have 3 and out series.

I don't see how an average player was 2nd in the MVP voting. You guys are just biased so I'll just leave it at that I suppose. You're wrong and you know it.

Cause he's a con artist skirt, who everyone feels bad for and defends like he's a disabled schoolgirl..

Rivers

Brees

Brady

Manning

McNabb

Big Ben

Cutler

Warner

Palmer

E. Manning

Ryan

Rodgers

Chad Pennington - 67.4 % 3,653 yards, 19 TDs, 7 INTs, 7.7 YPA

Donovan McNabb - 60.4% 3,916 yards, 23 TDs, 11 INTs, 6.9 YPA (Chad was better)

Ben Roethlisberger - 59.9% 3,301 yards, 17 TDs, 15 INTs, 7.0 YPA (Chad was way better.)

Matt Ryan - 61.1%, 3,440 yards, 16 TDs, 11 INTs, 7.9 YPA (Chad was better)

Eli Manning - 60.3%, 3,238 yards, 21 TDs, 10 INTs, 6.8 YPA (Chad was better)

Carson Palmer has done anything at all for two years.

Do these players have more potential and more physical skills than Chad? Yes, they do. But do they produce more than him? Absolutely not.

Chad was top 10 in the NFL in:

Completions (but not in attempts)

Completion % (#1)

Yards

Yards Per Attempt

Fewest INTs (Fewest amongst any starter)

To say he is not a top 10 quarterback just shows ignornace, nothing more.

Chad Pennington - 67.4 % 3,653 yards, 19 TDs, 7 INTs, 7.7 YPA

Donovan McNabb - 60.4% 3,916 yards, 23 TDs, 11 INTs, 6.9 YPA (Chad was better)

Ben Roethlisberger - 59.9% 3,301 yards, 17 TDs, 15 INTs, 7.0 YPA (Chad was way better.)

Matt Ryan - 61.1%, 3,440 yards, 16 TDs, 11 INTs, 7.9 YPA (Chad was better)

Eli Manning - 60.3%, 3,238 yards, 21 TDs, 10 INTs, 6.8 YPA (Chad was better)

Carson Palmer has done anything at all for two years.

Do these players have more potential and more physical skills than Chad? Yes, they do. But do they produce more than him? Absolutely not.

Chad was top 10 in the NFL in:

Completions (but not in attempts)

Completion % (#1)

Yards

Yards Per Attempt

Fewest INTs (Fewest amongst any starter)

To say he is not a top 10 quarterback just shows ignornace, nothing more.

That and 50 cents will get you a phone call and a first round playoff blowout loss. Chad is a ****ty QB that can only take advantage of ****tier teams. Give him a cake schedule and he will give you ten wins. Give him a schedule with a few. 500 teams and he will do nothing. The guy is a JAG and you know it.

Archived