Virus Help

Green DNA

My buddy asked me to help clean up his daughters PC, which I did by apparently removing a "win32.exe" virus and some other adware etc. It works fine, but still gets the messsage "cannot find win32.exe" every time the computer is turned on. Does anyone know how to get rid of this friggin message? It seems like the virus is still there although I thought AVG removed it.

What is win32.exe?

win32.exe is added to the system as a result of the RATEGA virus. It is a Trojan horse give a remote user access to your computer. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system. If found on your system make sure that you have downloaded the latest update for your antivirus application.

What is win32.exe?

win32.exe is added to the system as a result of the RATEGA virus. It is a Trojan horse give a remote user access to your computer. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system. If found on your system make sure that you have downloaded the latest update for your antivirus application.

Thanks. The program said that it removed the virus but the message keeps popping up.

Thanks. The program said that it removed the virus but the message keeps popping up.

Probably a registry entry that is looking for that specific file. Do a registry search for it and see what you find.

Probably a registry entry that is looking for that specific file. Do a registry search for it and see what you find.

Good call. the virus removal tool doesnt always do a clean uninstall. Remove all traces of the virus from the registry and all should be good with the pc.

you guys are speaking another language

The Mac Store has more people there with problems than customers wanting new products.

The same types of viruses can be made for a Mac as a PC... it is all a money game... the anitvirus companies make the viruses so you buy their product.... PC's give them the best bang for their buck right now.

The Mac Store has more people there with problems than customers wanting new products.

The same types of viruses can be made for a Mac as a PC... it is all a money game... the anitvirus companies make the viruses so you buy their product.... PC's give them the best bang for their buck right now.

dude please, could you imagine if msft had retail stores what the help/complaint desk would look like? The vast majority of people at the desk at the mac store are there for easy stupid iPod/iPhone issues.

And are u now blaming that antivirus copanies for creating the viruses???

dude please, could you imagine if msft had retail stores what the help/complaint desk would look like? The vast majority of people at the desk at the mac store are there for easy stupid iPod/iPhone issues.

And are u now blaming that antivirus copanies for creating the viruses???

Microsoft purposely makes faulty 360s so they can inflate their sales numbers.

:confused:

Microsoft purposely makes faulty 360s so they can inflate their sales numbers.

:confused:

They knew the problem with them from day one but were so hell bent on getting the system out before Sony they did it anyways... same reason it did not have a next gen disc player built in.

And yes Joe... I do think Antivirus companies create threats... why do you think there are so many harmless ones out there that are found by these great expensive pieces of software???

Sure there are plenty of user made viruses as well... but the Virus companies are in on it... they would be out of business otherwise.

Archived