Max's balls....

joebabyny

are HUGE!! I love how he is giving the business to Leon's agent on twitter!

1. @AlvinKeels Hi Alvin. After the NBA season is over, please call Leon Washington and remind him Jets OTAs are underway? Much appreciated.about 6 hours ago from web
  2. @AlvinKeels What part did they tell you about? The part where you could make millions?11:52 AM May 18th from web
  3. @AlvinKeels Alvin -- handle this matter with Leon and the Jets in private. Get him in for OTAs.7:54 PM May 13th from web

Awesome! We want more!!

are HUGE!! I love how he is giving the business to Leon's agent on twitter!

1. @AlvinKeels Hi Alvin. After the NBA season is over, please call Leon Washington and remind him Jets OTAs are underway? Much appreciated.about 6 hours ago from web
  2. @AlvinKeels What part did they tell you about? The part where you could make millions?11:52 AM May 18th from web
  3. @AlvinKeels Alvin -- handle this matter with Leon and the Jets in private. Get him in for OTAs.7:54 PM May 13th from web

Awesome! We want more!!

great stuff Joe...I was cracking up this morning when I saw them too

Joe --

I have to say that you starting a thread about my balls made my heart stop. I was pretty sure that waiver I signed hadn't expired yet but you just never can tell.

About Leon's agent, I really do believe that Leon should switch agents immediately. This guy Alvin Keels is not all that impressive. His youtube videos for his swim party? C'mon, you know Mike T is ready to blast this guy.

I wish Leon would do the right thing here. They aren't on the verge of unrestricted free agency or anything. If you want a deal okay but let's show a little professionalism along the way. This guys "tweets" are just embarassing.

Joe --

I have to say that you starting a thread about my balls made my heart stop. I was pretty sure that waiver I signed hadn't expired yet but you just never can tell.

About Leon's agent, I really do believe that Leon should switch agents immediately. This guy Alvin Keels is not all that impressive. His youtube videos for his swim party? C'mon, you know Mike T is ready to blast this guy.

I wish Leon would do the right thing here. They aren't on the verge of unrestricted free agency or anything. If you want a deal okay but let's show a little professionalism along the way. This guys "tweets" are just embarassing.

I said the same thing a few days ago, the way this "agent" carries himself is absurd. If I were Tanny I would take the gum stuck under my shoe more serious than this character.

Leon's agent also landed big $ deals for LaMont Jordan and Larry Johnson, I very much doubt Leon is going to be changing his representation.

However, Max is right in what he said to Keels. Stop worrying about the NBA Finals and posting your clients news in the amount that he does on Twitter. Get the contract done and then talk.

Leon's agent also landed big $ deals for LaMont Jordan and Larry Johnson, I very much doubt Leon is going to be changing his representation.

However, Max is right in what he said to Keels. Stop worrying about the NBA Finals and posting your clients news in the amount that he does on Twitter. Get the contract done and then talk.

Well I have to be honest here. I pray that Andre Smith will eat Alvin Keels. This way Leon is forced to get a new agent. I think that would be best for all parties involved.

Anyway I have to run I am going to an off the hook pool party. Please remember to RSVP.

Well I have to be honest here. I pray that Andre Smith will eat Alvin Keels. This way Leon is forced to get a new agent. I think that would be best for all parties involved.

Anyway I have to run I am going to an off the hook pool party. Please remember to RSVP.

Oh yeah, I'm "locked in" that that party!

Count me in.

But seriously this clowns claim to fame is getting Larry Johnson a great deal? Wow. That was a great move, considering how he had all the leverage and the chiefs had none. And the deal was average. King Carl must have been laughing his ass off after the negotiations.

Signed a six-year, $45.05 million contract.

The deal contains $19 million guaranteed, including $12.5 million signing bonus.

2009: $4.55 million (+ $100,000 workout bonus + $62,500 per-game roster bonuses),

2010: $5 million (+ $1 million roster bonus due 3/1 + $100,000 workout bonus + $62,500 per-game roster bonuses),

2011: $5.3 million (+ $1 million roster bonus due 3/1 + $100,000 workout bonus + $62,500 per-game roster bonuses),

2012: $5.9 million (+ $1 million roster bonus due 3/1 + $100,000 workout bonus + $62,500 per-game roster bonuses),

2013: Free Agent. Cap charge: $7.596 million (2009).

So by doing the math and working backwards:

Base Salary still not yet realized: 4.55+5+5.3+5.9=20.75

Workout bonuses: 400K+4 Mill in per game bonuses.

3 Million dollars in roster bonuses.

Prorated Signing bonus (assuming flat) = 8,333,333.00

That's 36.49 Million still on the table.

45.05-36.49= 9.56 over the past 2 years. Not bad, and then you factor in 19 million guaranteed (With a ? on how that's structured and how much of the guaranteed dollars are already paid)

But here's the rub. He's 29. There is no shot in hell he ever see's the latter part of this deal. If this deal continues I think he makes it to the end of this year and nets out about 20Million with guaranteed dollars factoring in whioch I can only assume was frontloaded, and those million dollar roster bonuses set to hit in 2010 tells me they never planned on keeping him once he hit the 30 mark. It's an ok deal, but they are making it out to be some sort of blockbuster deal that put this loser on the map. But with the amount of leverage LJ had back in 2007 and the stats he was producing and the Chiefs desperate to keep him because he and Gonzo were the only legitimate players they had, color me unimpressed.

But now Keels can go out and shout about how he made LJ the highest paid RB ever. Sure in monopoly money that might be true.

Anyway See you all at the pool party. I hear it's gonna be off the chain.

Archived