McDonald's nutrition info

Alk

Check out their "bag a McMeal" page. I always knew the stuff was bad for you but dear god, just enter the typical foods you would get there and be ready to pick your jaw up off of the floor. I was pushing 2,000 calories by noon on days when I ate breakfast and lunch there. No wonder my freakin' blood was damn near like gravy when they drew it. :lol:

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/bagMeal.do

Wow, that is frightening. Calories from fat, trans fats... Unbelievable I eat that stuff.

:lol:

I haven't eaten there in over a month. We take the kids there on occasion but I don't touch any of it. I wouldn't be surprised if they dip their apple slices in oil to keep them from turning brown.

I haven't eaten there in over a month. We take the kids there on occasion but I don't touch any of it. I wouldn't be surprised if they dip their apple slices in oil to keep them from turning brown.

:lol:

That stuff is bad news. Once in a while is ok but you see people that eat that crap every day. The story is not gonna have a happy ending.

But it all tastes DELICIOUS.

Anyone else who has been on Weight Watchers, like I am, cringes at the point totals of respective meals.

Dude its the special sauce.

I make my own:

Russian Dressing

Mayonaise

Horse radish

Mix that up and glob it all over cold cuts, burgers, anything.

\:D/

Check out their "bag a McMeal" page. I always knew the stuff was bad for you but dear god, just enter the typical foods you would get there and be ready to pick your jaw up off of the floor. I was pushing 2,000 calories by noon on days when I ate breakfast and lunch there. No wonder my freakin' blood was damn near like gravy when they drew it. :lol:

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/bagMeal.do

Dude, i like mcdonalds, but breakfast and lunch there in the same day? That is drivethru suicide right there!

But it all tastes DELICIOUS.

Anyone else who has been on Weight Watchers, like I am, cringes at the point totals of respective meals.

This is true. Basically one super sized double Quarter pounder meal and you just used up all your points for 2009. Bummer.

Awesome Garb. Thanks!

I've amped up the excersize regime myself and have denied myself any bread, pasta, rice, sweets, etc., for a month now. 'Gonna keep it up until September 1 - which happens to be my birthday. Anyway, I usually have oatmeal or granola for breakfast - the only "bread" I allow - and I saw how many calories granola can have! 400 calories right off the bat....what the????

btw - I plan on "cheating" Sept 1. A filthy gift to myself. Either Pasta Carbonara or Pork Fried Rice. I think it's wrong that I'm actually thinking and planning this in May. :eek:

Dude, i like mcdonalds, but breakfast and lunch there in the same day? That is drivethru suicide right there!

Don't worry, I figured that out. Like I said, haven't had fast food in a month. I think I've probably only had red meat about 2-3 times in that span. I'm hoping that come July I'll rock my cholesterol exam. :headbang:

I've amped up the excersize regime myself and have denied myself any bread, pasta, rice, sweets, etc., for a month now. 'Gonna keep it up until September 1 - which happens to be my birthday. Anyway, I usually have oatmeal or granola for breakfast - the only "bread" I allow - and I saw how many calories granola can have! 400 calories right off the bat....what the????

btw - I plan on "cheating" Sept 1. A filthy gift to myself. Either Pasta Carbonara or Pork Fried Rice. I think it's wrong that I'm actually thinking and planning this in May. :eek:

No pasta at all? I'm probably being an idiot here and admittedly have done little research but wouldn't eating some whole grain pasta be okay? If you like oatmeal, try putting a little Grape Nuts in it to at least give it a little texture. I suggested it to my wife and she loves it.

its fine to eat at fast food places as long as you eat healthy otherwise. stay away from soda at all costs, i drink water or juice with all my meals regardless of what it is. if you are somewhat active it really is not that big of a deal to eat out once a week or so. for those of you trying to lose weight the key is diet, you can do hours of cardio a day and not change your poor diet and the results will be minimal. i reccommend eating healthy (i personally do not shy away from carbs when i diet) and do about an hour of cardio about 5 times a week.

No pasta at all? I'm probably being an idiot here and admittedly have done little research but wouldn't eating some whole grain pasta be okay? If you like oatmeal, try putting a little Grape Nuts in it to at least give it a little texture. I suggested it to my wife and she loves it.

no carbs while dieting is overated, i would say you would be fine as long as you didnt have them past 6-8 PM and cut back A LITTLE and did a healthy amount of cardio.

You know, if you really are exercising a lot, especially the cardio, you don't have to completely kill the carbs. Pasta and whole grains are ok, the problem is when you have zero exercise or you mix lots of fats and lots of carbs. Fats are really the killer. That pasta carbonara is a killer not because of the noodles but because it is soaked in that sauce. For decades until the atkins/protien fad everyone who lost weight cut back on calories and fat, and people were no less successful losing weight then they are now with the low carb approach. In the end, both carbs and protien take the same energy to burn which is less then half that of fats, and both carbs and protein that is not used by the body will end up stored as fat, proteins just go through a few more steps through the body to get there.

Anyway, thats just my thoughts on the matter. And as for granola, not really meant as a dietary food, more of a natural ingredient energy source, like mother nature's version of a powerbar.

I like oatmeal - so it's really not a drag. I sprinkle a little cinnamon powder on it and I'm good....sometimes I'll switch it up and have a lowfat yogart and granola (and I love granola). I try to work out five times a week. So far so good.

Pasta and bread are the devil. I know my weaknesses.....it's just a good idea to stay away from that - for me anyway.

Oatmeal and Ganola have carbs. Veggies have carbs. Fruit has carbs. Carbs from those "healthier foods" is far better than getting carbs from Italian Bread, you know?

See my post. Pasta is not so evil, a lot of pasta is evil, but then again, if you drink too much water it is bad for you too. The key is moderation. You have carbs/protein/fats. Carbs and protein are 4 calories a gram, fats are 9 calories. A calorie is just the measure of the amount of energy needed to burn something, so you need more energy to burn fat than you do either carbs or protein, which is why fats are so bad. When the three seperate in their body they go to different areas, but in the end any unused will end up in the same place, converted and stored as fat. Carbs go to the bloodstream as sugars, where it is grabbed as needed as fuel by the body, unused carbs get stored as fat. Proteins break down to amino acids and used to build muscle, unused aminos are turned into sugars and fats and shot back through the bloodstream and carry on to where fats and sugars go and any that are not used there end up like carbs, stored as fats. Fats are just pretty much lazy, going right to the liver where some is burned or turned to great stuff like cholestorol, and then the bulk of it is just stored as fat. The laziness of the fat shows us why it is so bad. Now, once it is turned to fat, it can be burned off after your sugers are burned, but the problem as mentioned with the amount of energy needed to burn fat is that it is an inefficiant energy source.

In the end, your body needs all three, eating too much of any of the 3 will lead to it being fat, and both carbs and proteins end up on the same paths, proteins are just not as good a fuel source because of the extra steps, and carbs don't help build muscle. Cut out all the inefficient fats you can, and balance the carbs and proteins and don't eat more of either than your body needs.

its fine to eat at fast food places as long as you eat healthy otherwise. stay away from soda at all costs, i drink water or juice with all my meals regardless of what it is. if you are somewhat active it really is not that big of a deal to eat out once a week or so. for those of you trying to lose weight the key is diet, you can do hours of cardio a day and not change your poor diet and the results will be minimal. i reccommend eating healthy (i personally do not shy away from carbs when i diet) and do about an hour of cardio about 5 times a week.

Where i work it is extremely hard to find good places to grab a meal, so I have a set group of things I can eat from the fast food chains when I go there. Obviously due to the saturation of calories in fast food, you can't get much in the way of quantity but you can get by. Mcdonalds grilled chicken sandwiches are not the tastiest thing in the world but they are under 30% fat even with the mayo, take that off and you are below 20% i think. The regular hamburgers are just pushing it at 33%. Wendys has a few things as well. White castle is just bad all around, lol.

for those of you trying to lose weight the key is diet, you can do hours of cardio a day and not change your poor diet and the results will be minimal.

I can attest to that. A year or so ago I started a test. I would run 4 nights a week but would continue to eat whatever the hell I want. I actually lost weight but not as much as I wanted. Now I have completely changed my diet and tried to excercise but the excercise part hasn't worked out so well. I'm getting out maybe two nights a week right now. So far I've lost 10 lbs. and that's with minimal excercise. Once I actually start hitting the pool and lifting, watch out!! :lol:

no carbs while dieting is overated, i would say you would be fine as long as you didnt have them past 6-8 PM and cut back A LITTLE and did a healthy amount of cardio.

I have cut way back and when I do have pasta it's whole grain with a little bit of olive oil and some herbs with a piece of salmon on top. Pretty damn good actually.

You can look up any fast food and it will look just as bad. I looked up everything I've eaten at McD's, BK, Wendy's, even Taco Bell. Nothing is healthy...lol. I didn't do it for White Castle though. That would ruin what little fun I have left :)

I still go when I'm in the mood, but now I force myself to be in the mood a lot less often ;)

Pasta and bread are the devil.

i am addicted to bread. sigh.. i coulde give up pasta in a heartbeat if it assured me that i would be at my ideal weight. i could also give up alcohol

BUT

bread and chocolate .. no way :D

i need to amp up the exercise :(

i am addicted to bread. sigh.. i coulde give up pasta in a heartbeat if it assured me that i would be at my ideal weight. i could also give up alcohol

BUT

bread and chocolate .. no way :D

i need to amp up the exercise :(

Its ok as long as you eat dark chocholate and whole wheat, cracked wheat, or Ezekiel bread.

Haven't eaten McDonald's except for breakfast in a LONG tim. An occasional breakfast sandwich and a McMuffin is less than 400 calories, stay away from the big breakfasts and the McGriddle which are fat bombs.Their coffee is very good. If you're going to get an iced coffee anyway the drive thru is a good deal(with skim milk and what ever sugar sub they have that day). As the wife is on a serious health kick going on a year and a half so so am I. As far as carbs, we have become very into brown rice, sweet potatoes, fresh from the bakery wheat breads and Ronzoni healhy choice pastas. May be an Italian could tell the difference, but for my Irish palate it's okay.

i love dark chocolate. what is ezekiel bread?

You can find it in health food stores, its bread but its not made from wheat or flour. Its made from sprouted grains. You can also eat spelt bread which is very good for you.

Not taking a shot a you personally... just making a joke...

It should be child abuse to feed your children McDonalds... it is seriously more healthy to give them one cigarette a month I would think...

You can find it in health food stores, its bread but its not made from wheat or flour. Its made from sprouted grains. You can also eat spelt bread which is very good for you.

spelt bread? Sounds like a nice way of saying bread that another person ate and pooped out.

Archived