Best Safety in the AFC- East

Vudu

Who's the best safety in the AFC- East?

Im on Facebook and Donte Whitner of the Bills is getting his panties in a bunch because I said he isnt the best safety in the AFC east. He called me a hater, I called him a p.u.s.s.y. He's pissed off now andhis fans are all ganging up on me.

So how do you rank AFC-East safeties. I want ammo to ether him with! :)

Who's the best safety in the AFC- East?

Im on Facebook and Donte Whitner of the Bills is getting his panties in a bunch because I said he isnt the best safety in the AFC east. He called me a hater, I called him a p.u.s.s.y. He's pissed off now andhis fans are all ganging up on me.

So how do you rank AFC-East safeties. I want ammo to ether him with! :)

Brandon Meriweather. 4 Interceptions, 2 sacks & 83 tackles.

I would not say he is the best. Yet. I do like the progress he made last season though.

He is up against Rhodes & Whitner. Rhodes pretty much sucked last year. I haven't seen much of Whitner as the Bills don't grace my TV screen very often.

I was in the Meadowlands last season when Meriweather picked off a pass that lead to a Patriots TD.

He is up against Rhodes & Whitner. Rhodes pretty much sucked last year. I haven't seen much of Whitner as the Bills don't grace my TV screen very often.

I was in the Meadowlands last season when Meriweather picked off a pass that lead to a Patriots TD.

Rhodes' numbers were down because he wasn't used the same as he usually was last season, most Jet fans are smart enough to tell you that.

Yeah, I was there too, he got that INT right infront of us. Yipee. He still isn't on the same level as some of the other safeties in this division, yet. He is young, give it time. He would be #4 in the division for me right now, but he could be #2 to Rhodes one day. ;)

Rhodes' numbers were down because he wasn't used the same as he usually was last season, most Jet fans are smart enough to tell you that.

Yeah, I was there too, he got that INT right infront of us. Yipee. He still isn't on the same level as some of the other safeties in this division, yet. He is young, give it time. He would be #4 in the division for me right now, but he could be #2 to Rhodes one day. ;)

GFY Bitch!

I like the fact that he creates TOs. Something the Patriots have lacked for a few seasons. You do not feel he is a little soft?

LMAO

It's Kerry Rhodes and its not even close.

The only safety I'd take over him in the league is Reed.

Really now? You wouldn't take Polamalu and Sanders too? I love Kerry, and he is the 4th or 5th best on my list. Those three at the least top him.

Did you forget about the others? Or do you really believe that?

Really belive it.

I think he's the most underrated player in the league.

He was isolated in deep coverage all season, and teams avoided him. Why else do you think teams never went deep on us all season? The great pass rush?

Sanders is a great safety, I may take him over Rhodes. Polamalu? Not a chance. he's got great athlticism but he's largely a product of the best defensive system in the league and the best front 7 in the league.

Put Rhodes in that situation and he would dominate.

I can't wait 'til next season. That is all.

I love Hollywood IJ, you know this. We all know this. But is he as good as Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed and Bob Sanders? No way. He is the 4th best Safety in the NFL, would be 5th if Dawkins wasn't getting so old.

I hope this defense leaps him into the same conversation as those three, but for now its those three and everyone else. IMO, Rhodes is on the top of that "everybody else" list.

Really belive it.

I think he's the most underrated player in the league.

He was isolated in deep coverage all season, and teams avoided him. Why else do you think teams never went deep on us all season? The great pass rush?

Sanders is a great safety, I may take him over Rhodes. Polamalu? Not a chance. he's got great athlticism but he's largely a product of the best defensive system in the league and the best front 7 in the league.

Put Rhodes in that situation and he would dominate.

Bro, you are plum out yo' mind.

I love Hollywood IJ, you know this. We all know this. But is he as good as Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed and Bob Sanders? No way. He is the 4th best Safety in the NFL, would be 5th if Dawkins wasn't getting so old.

I hope this defense leaps him into the same conversation as those three, but for now its those three and everyone else. IMO, Rhodes is on the top of that "everybody else" list.

Rhodes is a nice player, but in order to be among the elite players at his position, he needs to be more complete. As it is, he's simply a ball-hawk. He doesn't tackle, he doesn't intimidate, he can't cover man-to-man, and he's useless in the box because he doesn't like contact. Blame Mangini all you want, but there's a reason that Eric moved Rhodes off the LOS more and more as time went by--because, outside of a few scheme-related sacks, Rhodes is useless when things get physical.

Go and look at the teams that were in the playoffs last year, especially the teams that advanced far, and you'll see that they all had big-time physical safeties in their back seven. This is not a coincidence.

Rhodes is a nice player, but in order to be among the elite players at his position, he needs to be more complete. As it is, he's simply a ball-hawk. He doesn't tackle, he doesn't intimidate, he can't cover man-to-man, and he's useless in the box because he doesn't like contact. Blame Mangini all you want, but there's a reason that Eric moved Rhodes off the LOS more and more as time went by--because, outside of a few scheme-related sacks, Rhodes is useless when things get physical.

Go and look at the teams that were in the playoffs last year, especially the teams that advanced far, and you'll see that they all had big-time physical safeties in their back seven. This is not a coincidence.

Kerry Rhodes tackles as well if not better than any safety in the NFL. Your point laughable.

Tell me the last big hit he had.

Big hits are worthless.

He's a great TACKLER, meaning he doesn't miss tackles. You'll find that Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu miss A LOT more tackles than Rhodes, but the defense around them makes up for it.

Big hits are for sportscentre.

1. Rhodes

2. Whitner

3. Merriweather

4. Bell

Iunno who else there is.

As far as the whole NFL...Polamalu's overrated but it's illegal to say that...same for Bob Sanders who hasn't even played a full season yet...

I'd go:

1. Reed

2. Wilson

3. Polamalu

4. Griffin

5. Rhodes

But really I just kind of pulled that out of my ass.

1. Reed

2. Wilson

3. Polamalu

4. Griffin

5. Rhodes

Gibril Wilson? He has done nothing but go down after his first two years in New York.

I'd have to go:

1. Reed

2. Sanders

3. Polamalu

4. Rhodes

5a. Griffin

5b. Dawkins

Archived