Yankees vs. Indians Thread

PS17

I don't understand why he would bring in anyone not named Rivera, or just leave Wang in. This guy clearly cannot manage worth a ****.

Because he's Clueless ****ing Joe, that's why. This team would be in first by 7 or 8 games with a real manager.

i was at work...what happened with the bullpen today? lol

Wang is cruising from the 6th to the 8th & we were tied at 4 going into the 9th. Dumbass Girardi brings in Philly Cokes - with Wang pitching great, and Rivera available - and he walks the leadoff man. The guy gets bunted to second, so it's man on second - one out. Robertson gets called in and he walks the first guy. Runners on 1st and 2nd - one out. Jhonny Peralta singles to left, game over.

Because he's Clueless ****ing Joe, that's why. This team would be in first by 7 or 8 games with a real manager.

A real manager? I'm not a huge fan of Girardi, but I'd venture that almost no manager puts his closer out there with a tie game on the road. It's very stupid, yes. But managers have, time and time again, thought better to take the lead and THEN close the game, rather than stay tied and letting someone else close.

I don't share in the hate of Girardi the way some Yank fans do but last night was a terrible job. You stick with Wang for two reasons:

1) Get him the work in case he'll be re-entering the rotation soon

2) He was picthing fine and the game was still tied

I'm pretty sure the reason he didn't stick with Wang is because he didn't want to get his pitch count that high just in case Wang had to take Pettite's start. Secondly, Mo has shown a pension for not being very good with tie ball games. We're already up 2-0 in the series why not bring in Coke/Robertson, the young guns, and build up their confidence in a meaningless May game so that they can be better down the stretch when the pressure is higher.

It's not that bad everyone, this team is not going to win every night.

I'm pretty sure the reason he didn't stick with Wang is because he didn't want to get his pitch count that high just in case Wang had to take Pettite's start. Secondly, Mo has shown a pension for not being very good with tie ball games. We're already up 2-0 in the series why not bring in Coke/Robertson, the young guns, and build up their confidence in a meaningless May game so that they can be better down the stretch when the pressure is higher.

Not a bad point. I'd forgotten about Andy's back.

I don't share in the hate of Girardi the way some Yank fans do but last night was a terrible job. You stick with Wang for two reasons:

1) Get him the work in case he'll be re-entering the rotation soon

2) He was picthing fine and the game was still tied

Girardi is a mediocre manager at best. He is a terrible bullpen manager. That is one of the most important parts of managing, the bullpen. How many bonehead decisions has he made regarding the bullpen already this year?

Girardi has made plenty of mistakes......

But did I just read that you morons wanted him to bring in RIVERA?? on the road...IN A TIED GAME??

shut the f##k up, thanks.

Well I see everything worked out fine yesterday without Rivera coming in the 9th. :rolleyes:

Good point about Andy there. Yesterday would have been Wang's through day if he was pitching in his first start this coming Wednesday. So if he needs to give you 75 pitches on Wednesday, he should be available.

Nice play by Joba! :yahoo:

Holy crap he looked like a beached whale flopping through the air. That said, it was the most majestic flying whale I've ever seen. Joba, looks locked in. Hopefully this will keep the talking heads silenced about the damn bullpen for a few days.

Archived