THE "WILL DAVID ORTIZ EVER HIT ABOVE THE NATIONAL GAS RATE" THREAD

Blackout

You are, once again, completely full of ****. Jeter got booed at the stadium.

That's some support.

Sadly you are 100% correct. I've seen Yankee fans boo Mattingly when he was down, Jeter when he was slumping and if the day ever comes that he loses his cutter, Mo Rivera too will be booed off the mound at Yankee Stadium.

Booing is one thing....Mickey mantle got booed at Yankee Stadium

Getting off the bus, and outright asking for him to just go away is totally different

Ortiz is 33, and "just" lost it....not like he's 40

He should have some good years left......he should

I watch most red sox games.

I talk baseball with a ton of different people in different work locations.

So I have a pretty good idea of what Red Sox Nation is talking about and thinking.

And I have not heard ANYONE saying at any point about Papi making good contact.

Unlike you I dont make sh!t up to fit my point.

shut up ahole, you know i don't make things up

on May 1st the local sports host announced he wouldn't shave until Papi hit a Hr because Papi was "so close"....a few weeks later and Fatass FINALLY gets that HR.

the next week I hear people calling in OMG DID YOU SEE PAWPI HIT 2 DOUBLES AGAINST THE YANKEES TODAY AND GET WALKED ON PURPOSE? HES BACK!!!

or remember when he got a triple earlier this year? that triple was a full hour of discussion on EEI

Is that local as in Bangor, Maine or local as in Boston, Massachusetts?

Just love how these forrest freaks speak for Boston. The dude's probably never been to Boston.

This is funny:

DhTFlKx1iSY

• 4 weeks later...
Sound like the Delgado talk last year. Lot's of threads like this as well.

Everyone of them was made to look foolish.

Took Delgado a while to recover from a wrist injury which I think Papi suffered as well along with the knee.

The big man is in the middle of a remarkable resurgence, hitting .327 with six homers and 15 RBI in 55 at-bats this month.

You don't even know what side of the plate he bats from? Do you ever watch baseball?

Coors is not perfect for Ortiz. You're a fool and you don't know anything about baseball.

+1

:rl: I think you know the answers to your own questions. :biggrin:

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's "back". He is having a hell of a June, but I'd like to see him keep this up as long as he slumped, before I say he's "back."

Some injuries take time. Many fellow Mets fans had Delgado in his grave last season.

Look at ARod' current struggles. Ortiz like Delgado is too good to simply fall off the face of the earth.,

Archived