SI.com - Ranking the NFL Backfields - by John Mullin. Guess where the Jets fall?

PS17

I saw this on another message board and I'm going to say the same thing that I said there:

What is this? A Quarterback ranking? Jones and Washington together should be at the very least Top 10, if not Top 5. This is 110% based on the freakin' Quarterbacks. I mean, really, Maroney & Taylor are at 4 for one reason and one reason only and thats #12.

Horrible job by SI.

I saw this on another message board and I'm going to say the same thing that I said there:

What is this? A Quarterback ranking? Jones and Washington together should be at the very least Top 10, if not Top 5. This is 110% based on the freakin' Quarterbacks. I mean, really, Maroney & Taylor are at 4 for one reason and one reason only and thats #12.

Horrible job by SI.

Even going by just this example, if some logic was used at all, you would think; Jones > Taylor, Leon > Maroney. Agreed on the horrible job, I can't believe they actually post some of this mindless ****.

*To add: He has the Vikings 16th, with IMO, arguably the best backfield in the league with Chester Taylor and Adrian "All-Day" Peterson.

This guy must have been on some expensive weed when coming up with this list.

Horrible job by SI.

+1

This is the 2nd time this week I agreed with one of your post :bag:

Horrible job by SI.

Then how the **** did Tavaris Jackson and Joe Flacco rate so ****ing high?

Horrible job by SI.

Not really.

They are basing their projected rankings partially on QB play. Sanchez is a rookie and will no doubt struggle meaning the NYJ will likely lean heavy on the run. So, to stop the Jets offense, defenses will take away the run and force Sanchez to beat them.

Without question, the top 5 on that list have solid QB play and a legitimate shot at the the post season.

Horrible job by SI.

No. Not really.

I think you can make arguments for the Jets being as good as Miami, Tampa Bay and Denver. You can also make arguments for the Jills and Skins below the Jets. Maybe even the Jags.

Washington is a dangerous weapon. Jones is a nice back, but he is hardly dynamic.

After the Top 10, the talent gap from 11 to 27 is negligible.

I have never heard of ranking "backfields" (QB and RBs). You might as well rank the entire offense. What a bunch of retards.

Especially given how dependent those backfields are on the other players (the OL and receivers). And the author certainly goes on & on about rookie WR's, as though they've done something already and are sure to produce AS rookies, in ranking the backfields.

And if it's going to be a total offense ranking, how the hell are the Giants expected to be #2 when they just lost both of their starting WR's from 2008 as well as a 1000-yard back who led the league in ypc?

Just a stupid article.

Horrible job by SI.

agreed

LMFAOP@ Ladanian Tomlinson/Darren Sproles being 1st.

The same LT that couldnt run for sh*t last season? The same one that had people saying he was DONE last season? Darren Sproles saved his ass.

LMFAOP@ Ladanian Tomlinson/Darren Sproles being 1st.

The same LT that couldnt run for sh*t last season? The same one that had people were saying was DONE last season? Darren Sproles saved his ass.

he was A ****ING WASTE OF A 1ST ROUND DRAFTPICK last year - to think i avoided AP because i was scared of HIM being hurt all year long.

i still made it deep in the playoffs tho.

Archived