SJ Reviews: 'Up"..A new classic Kid/adult flick is born (4)

SouthernJet

Up is Pixars latest venture and its a Home Run. This flick will definitly be on Family Top 10 lists for decades to come. Thats not a exaggeration.

3D or not 3D? I saw in 3D , but could tell that it didnt add too much. Dont fret if you see the 2D version.

Its a story of true love that gets hurt then rediscovered through another vessel. Its that simple.

A old man in the last scenes of his life rediscovers his love of life he had with his beloved wife and friend since childhood.

A young clumbsy kid enters the old mans life as he is about to be put out to pasture and what ensues is a fantasic 'Wizard of Oz-ish' adventure to South America all will enjoy.

It has humor, warmth, love an dmost important, moral values that parents can use after film to help parable Life.

Go see , regardless of age, BUT parents , this is a MUST for the family.

ALK was right on, DO NOT MISS first 10 minutes, its classic movie-making and sets up the WHOLE movie.

4stars_002.gif's

Looks like you can pencil this one in for 'Best Animated Picture' at the 2010 Oscars.

ya maybe, BUT what sets this apart from other great animated flicks, is this one has a GREAT plot and humanity and parabloes that these flicks should feel some responsibility to try and foster.

Its a great family flick.

ya maybe, BUT what sets this apart from other great animated flicks, is this one has a GREAT plot and humanity and parabloes that these flicks should feel some responsibility to try and foster.

Its a great family flick.

I see. Something for the parents and the kids. I wann see it, I'm just gonna wait for the DVD.

I see. Something for the parents and the kids. I wann see it, I'm just gonna wait for the DVD.

big mistake if u r a movie making fan..

this flicks colors and intensity are tailored fo rthe big screen..you will miss a huge piece o fthe craft on this one..

save the DVDs for the teen humor flicks..

big mistake if u r a movie making fan..

this flicks colors and intensity are tailored fo rthe big screen..you will miss a huge piece o fthe craft on this one..

save the DVDs for the teen humor flicks..

I don't care about that aspect of it that much, so I'll wait. Free > $11+

been there done that,,

There was a time I had 3 babies to feed and not much moolah..no movies then :(

Times change though, hang in there....

My money problems aren't really bad. I'm a teenager, so that means I'm usually broke. lol

My money problems aren't really bad. I'm a teenager, so that means I'm usually broke. lol

yup, my point is , this is the 'not much money phase'..it will continue after college if your priorities in life are right..i.e. family , kids over self,,

but over time, as kids get older, career takes off, you get to 'indulge' yourself..:D

yup, my point is , this is the 'not much money phase'..it will continue after college if your priorities in life are right..i.e. family , kids over self,,

but over time, as kids get older, career takes off, you get to 'indulge' yourself..:D

I see. Good advice. :)

I hate animated pictures and unless you have children, I have no idea why you would go and see this thing.

Because like I said in my thread. It's not your typical kid's movie. This movie touches on stuff that a kid simply won't comprehend. I would have enjoyed this movie even if I went without kids and every adult I have talked to has thought the same thing.

Because like I said in my thread. It's not your typical kid's movie. This movie touches on stuff that a kid simply won't comprehend. I would have enjoyed this movie even if I went without kids and every adult I have talked to has thought the same thing.

Agreed. More so that the other Pixar movies that are kids movies mixed with some adult humor that goes over their heads, this movie touches on topics a child can not possibly comprehend. There were some slapstick moments and the visuals were great, but I'm fairly certain my 3-year old did not get the overall premise of the film, despite the fact that he's a genius. That's not to say that he didn't enjoy watching it, but it's not like he could summarize the overall concept/theme of the movie, as he could with, say, Cars or Toy Story.

agreed alk..u get it :D

and your kids will benefit from that

Archived