The best closer in NY baseball, so far this season:

Scott Dierking

Theres one thing I don't like about Krod is he walks to much. 11 walks for 24 innings of work this year thats not good. He has yet to blow a save but when he does I bet its because he walked someone and that guy scores. Krod is a beast but im still taken Mo over anyone.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course I like to win.

But, when the Mets win, I don't think that I "won'.

You do that with the Yankees?

I think my team won and that is what I want to see happen. I root for my teams through the good and bad but I root for them to see them win.

The Mets never win so you can't possibly think "I won" anyway.

This time in English.

Read it slower, allow the words to sink in.

You asked if I think that "I won" I said I think "My team" won. It's not that difficult to figure out but it sounds like you have more issues than just reading and writing.

It's silly to be comparing anything at this point in the year, there is so much left of the season. it's nice to be back home in 1st place but it won't matter unless we hold onto it and do something in october.

It may be silly to compare things at this point, but my response was for JCB who flatly dismissed the NL East in comparison to the AL East. I merely brought up statistics, a small sample they may be to the contrary. a 7-2 record is nothing to sneeze at.

Read it slower, allow the words to sink in.

You asked if I think that "I won" I said I think "My team" won. It's not that difficult to figure out but it sounds like you have more issues than just reading and writing.

So when your team wins, you project that to yourself as "winning"?

And you say I have issues.

Do you have a T-shirt that says "26" also?

I have to agree, I never get that "we won" non sense when my team wins a game or what have you. I liken myself to be a big Met/Jet fan, but I can't see myself using that "we won or we lost" phrase. I believe in separating myself from an team/object. When it comes to family, that's something different.

I have to agree, I never get that "we won" non sense when my team wins a game or what have you. I liken myself to be a big Met/Jet fan, but I can't see myself using that "we won or we lost" phrase. I believe in separating myself from an team/object. When it comes to family, that's something different.

If this was the case, and someone wanted to project their own self image as a winner, why wouldn't they just pick the most successful sport franchises and "bandwagon" on those successes so that they could come off with an attitude of...............

Hey, wait a minute...........

It may be silly to compare things at this point, but my response was for JCB who flatly dismissed the NL East in comparison to the AL East. I merely brought up statistics, a small sample they may be to the contrary. a 7-2 record is nothing to sneeze at.

But it's only a weekends worth of games. I think we'd all agree the AL east is better and the AL is a better league overall, that doesn't mean they will win every game. If the NL East teams keep beating our teams then we can revisit but after one weekend of play it's a little early though your teams did a great job beating our teams.

I pay my hard earned money on my teams, it's "we". I think most reasonably intelligent people would know that I or anyone else that says "we" is not part of the team.

Do you have a t-shirt that says "2"?

But it's only a weekends worth of games. I think we'd all agree the AL east is better and the AL is a better league overall, that doesn't mean they will win every game. If the NL East teams keep beating our teams then we can revisit but after one weekend of play it's a little early though your teams did a great job beating our teams.

I pay my hard earned money on my teams, it's "we". I think most reasonably intelligent people would know that I or anyone else that says "we" is not part of the team.

I didn't deny that i thought the AL east had more overall talent. I believe I said as much in my original post. But the gap is not as wide as some here may perceive. The NL east was dismissed and I brought up a statistical fact to back up my opinion. That's all it is and the NL East did beat "your" brains in the first weekend of interleague play. That may very well change, who knows?

You missed the point about projecting your team's success on yourself.

And, nope, just a shirt that says "Some Yankee fans are delusional"

You missed the point about projecting your team's success on yourself.

And, nope, just a shirt that says "Some Yankee fans are delusional"

Do I feel like I accomplished something when my teams win? No. Do I rub it in to other fans when my team beats their team? No. I hope this helps explain things for you.

6a00e5513d181b883401156ff0a8e4970b-800wi

Do I feel like I accomplished something when my teams win? No. Do I rub it in to other fans when my team beats their team? No. I hope this helps explain things for you.

6a00e5513d181b883401156ff0a8e4970b-800wi

Then why did you ask me if "I like to win"?

This is about baseball.

Your threads seem crossed. You were the one that pointed out 4 vs 2.

Obviously you don't like to win or you don't like your teams to win.

Right.

When I coach my son's Little League game tonight, I am rooting for him to make errors and contribute to a loss.

And when I go home to watch the Mets, I am hoping they play poorly also.

That's how I roll.

What I DON'T do, is when my teams win, broadcast it, like I am better than the other teams or if this somehow makes me have a better fandom.

If you parlay that into not caring, that is sad.

Right.

When I coach my son's Little League game tonight, I am rooting for him to make errors and contribute to a loss.

That's how I roll.

What I DON'T do, is when my teams win, broadcast it, like I am better than the other teams or if this somehow makes me have a better fandom.

Im sorry, but if the Jets ever win the Super Bowl...I sure as hell am going to broadcast to everyone of my annoying Giant friends.

You are way too wrapped up into how a fan is "supposed to act."

Im sorry, but if the Jets ever win the Super Bowl...I sure as hell am going to broadcast to everyone of my annoying Giant friends.

You are way too wrapped up into how a fan is "supposed to act."

Hey, that's you.

I will have self satisfaction, and I know my friends will be happy for me.

If you feel the need to have to stick it in someone's face, I won't deprive you what works for you.

All I am telling you is how I look at it. Not a fan agenda.

Right.

That's how I roll.

Then you are a liar b/c you already stated you didn't want to win like the Yankees have.

With the way they've been hitting and playing defense, it's really not surprising that Yankee fans are willing to concede a minute point like this. I'd happily take Mo over K-Rod right now (as fantastic as he's been, he's the MVP of the team after Johan) if the Mets were playing as well as the Yanks right now. In a heartbeat actually.

I asked if you were jealous of the Yankee Championships you said no so apparently you don't want your team to win as much as the Yankees have won through the years.

Would I like the Mets to have more championships-Sure.

Is that jealousy? Certainly not. You may want to look up the term.

And I also said, my problem is not with the organization, more than it is with some fans.

The kind of fan that says he projects a team's winning on himself.

ahem.

Would I like the Mets to have more championships-Sure.

Is that jealousy? Certainly not. You may want to look up the term.

And I also said, my problem is not with the organization, more than it is with some fans.

The kind of fan that says he projects a team's winning on himself.

ahem.

Am I projecting winning on myself?

Jealousy, enyvy- whatever you want to call it. I want my teams to win and I am jealous or envious when I see other fans watching their teams win. it's not a bad thing,

Hey, that's you.

I will have self satisfaction, and I know my friends will be happy for me.

If you feel the need to have to stick it in someone's face, I won't deprive you what works for you.

All I am telling you is how I look at it. Not a fan agenda.

Hi Im Scott. I am better than you.

It has been pretty hard to watch Mo this year. He is only 11 for 12 in save opps and has 26 strikeouts to 1 walk. Of course K-Rod has all of 3 more saves than Rivera so SD is right of course. SD is always right though. And he is definitely better than all of us.

Archived