16 year old catcher, Bryce Harper to be on the cover of SI this week

Matt39

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/jun/02/las-vegas-prodigy-makes-sports-illustrated-cover/

Las Vegas High School baseball player Bryce Harper talks to teammates during their game against Canyon Springs High School Tuesday, May 5, 2009.

By Ray Brewer (contact)

Published Tue, Jun 2, 2009 (11:17 a.m.)

Updated Tue, Jun 2, 2009 (3:21 p.m.)

Bryce Harper

Sun Archives

Hitting highlights

Expanded coverage

Las Vegas High sophomore catcher Bryce Harper is the

Or his dad may be Marv Marinovich.

the rumor is that this kid is going to quit high school to get his g.e.d this summer and then play junior college ball as a 17-year old to be eligible for the 2010 draft.

i think the nationals drafted his older brother in one of the later rounds so the thought is that he would go #1 overall to the nats and be paired with strasburg for years to come.

i live in DC so this is more talk radio hyperbole than realism, but that is what they are talking about.

the rumor is that this kid is going to quit high school to get his g.e.d this summer and then play junior college ball as a 17-year old to be eligible for the 2010 draft.

i think the nationals drafted his older brother in one of the later rounds so the thought is that he would go #1 overall to the nats and be paired with strasburg for years to come.

i live in DC so this is more talk radio hyperbole than realism, but that is what they are talking about.

Interesting take. I wonder what scouts are sniffing around already.

Coaching Little League, it is always interesting to watch teh kids that stick out compared to the other ones, and there always are a few.

This kid must have stuck out quite a bit.

Archived