Tampa Bay Rays @ New York Yankees [Yankee Stadium] Game Thread

Vudu

Yanks & last years division winners Tampa Bay meet up for 4 @ the Stadium. Can the Yankees keep the hot streak going against an underachieving Rays squad?

Tampa Bay Rays VS. The New York Yankees

100px-Tampa_Bay_Rays.svg.png100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png

Friday

28958.jpg VS.4553.jpg

Price (1-0, 3.00) Sabathia (5-3, 3.46)

Saturday

28528.jpg VS.28847.jpg

Garza (4-4, 3.67) Chamberlain (3-1, 3.71)

Sunday

28708.jpg VS.4153.jpg

Sonnanstine (4-5, 7.07) Burnett (4-2, 4.69)

Monday

6243.jpg VS.3171.jpg

Niemann (5-4, 3.77) Pettitte (5-2, 4.33)

Tonight's game is rained out. The makeup game will not be this weekend. Here is the Yankee rotation for the next week of games...

Saturday vs. Tampa: Sabathia

Sunday vs. Tampa: Chamberlain

Monday vs. Tampa: Pettitte

Tuesday at Boston: Burnett

Wednesday at Boston: Wang

Thursday at Boston: Sabathia

Friday vs. Mets: Chamberlain

Saturday vs. Mets: Pettitte

Sunday vs. Mets: Burnett

Mariano got rocked in the ninth. Can't expect to win when your top reliever comes in and ****s the bed.

The bullpen is going to be the downfall of this team.

They better go pick up a reliever by the trade deadline.

This is awful. We should have won today.......

Mariano got rocked in the ninth. Can't expect to win when your top reliever comes in and ****s the bed.

The bullpen is going to be the downfall of this team.

The bullpen will keep wetting the bed unless they make a trade or move Joba back to the bullpen.

The bullpen will keep wetting the bed unless they make a trade or move Joba back to the bullpen.

I'm crossing my fingers that Bruney and Marte come back healthy and effective. Even if they do the Yankees need to bring in someone else. I'm just not sure what reliever will become available.

The Yankees are determined to make Joba a starter, even though he would be a lockdown reliever. Maybe if they get into the playoffs they will come to their senses and put him in the pen.

I'm crossing my fingers that Bruney and Marte come back healthy and effective. Even if they do the Yankees need to bring in someone else. I'm just not sure what reliever will become available.

The Yankees are determined to make Joba a starter, even though he would be a lockdown reliever. Maybe if they get into the playoffs they will come to their senses and put him in the pen.

They need to do it now instead of pissing away winnable games and letting the Red Sox linger.

No, you gotta start Joba the rest of the year. If we have an effective 4 man rotation in October, and the bullpen still sucks, then put him in the pen for the Playoffs. But I think it wouldn't be smart to put him back into the bullpen.

No, you gotta start Joba the rest of the year. If we have an effective 4 man rotation in October, and the bullpen still sucks, then put him in the pen for the Playoffs. But I think it wouldn't be smart to put him back into the bullpen.

But its a helluva lot smarter keeping him out but losing winnable games :rolleyes:...Only thing keeping the Yankees from being the best team in baseball is the ****ty bullpen. Joba should go back.

But its a helluva lot smarter keeping him out but losing winnable games :rolleyes:...Only thing keeping the Yankees from being the best team in baseball is the ****ty bullpen. Joba should go back.

CC, AJ, CMW, Andy, Hughes seems like a not so bad rotation. You might have a point.

The Yankees won championships in the 90's because of their bullpen. I can't even count how many times they were tied or behind going into the sixth or seventh inning and they ended up winning the game. Their relievers would come in and not give up any runs, allowing the offense to chip away and eventually win the game.

The greatest example of this was in 96 Game 4 against the Braves. The Yanks were down 6-0 in the fifth and Rivera, Graeme Lloyd, Jeff Nelson and Wettland kept the Braves scoreless for the rest of the game. The Yanks chipped away, tied the game and won in extra innings.

Joba is a shutdown reliever, it's been proven that he can do the job. Team him up with Bruney, Aceves, Marte (if he steps it up) and Rivera at the end and you've got a bullpen that get the job done.

Archived