Best fans? Jets or Pats?

SouthernJet

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would. Its only a KO.

Have you seen those lines inside the venue to get a pretzel or slice of pizza pie?

not me, plan ahead and feed your fat face so u dont miss the exciting KO and 1st part of game..damn, its freakin food, eat for the few hours u r there to tailgate before game,,unreal

'to get a pretzel or pizza'..good lord..

I can honestly say, that I didnt know a single Patriots fan prior to 2002. Not one.

I bartended in a sports bar in college and ther wasnt a single fan of that team ever in the bar. 2002 there was a pack of them and they had all been fans since birth. :rolleyes:

+ 1 Yup, and that was in Boston too.

They were probably at the beach or snow skiing depending what season it was.

not me, plan ahead and feed your fat face so u dont miss the exciting KO and 1st part of game..damn, its freakin food, eat for the few hours u r there to tailgate before game,,unreal

'to get a pretzel or pizza'..good lord..

Those lines are so long its time to shave again by the time you get to order.

Those lines are so long its time to shave again by the time you get to order.

SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eat enough in the hours before the tailgate so you can get to game on time..

How can this be hard???????????

Neither stadium is really known for their loud atmosphere at this point. Escalating ticket prices has pushed a lot of the rowdier fans higher up so they make less noise.

Over the last 40+ years I don’t know how you can’t give the edge to Jets fans for their loyalty because they’ve been pretty terrible over that entire span save for a handful of years and their fans never left. For god’s sakes it’s been 41 years since their last superbowl appearance.

One other thing I notice a lot with New England sports fans is so many of them (not all) only show interest in the teams because it’s the cool thing to do. Every guy/girl will talk about the Sox or Pats b/c they are winning championships and like to tell other people they attended the game or watched the game so they can feel self-important. These people did not exist in 1997 and the don’t exist in the Jets universe.

The Jets haven’t just been one of the worst teams in the NFL they are a second class team IN THEIR OWN CITY! For a fan base to continually support them for 40+ years is mighty impressive.

The Chad thing was certainly embarrassing but the Pats fans pretending like Spygate wasn’t a big deal was just as bad.

OK, who over the last approx. 50 years do you think has earned the right to be called the Best fans between the two teams?

Lots of things to consider..loyalty, stick with the team, show up in good and bad times, stadium atmosphere etc...

I will vote Jets fans.

Not a contest, until the mid 90s the Boston area didn't even realize they had a football team.

Not a contest, until the mid 90s the Boston area didn't even realize they had a football team.

Do you have any facts to back up that claim?

The Pats played in the worst Stadium in the NFL for many years and after Billy Sullivan sold the team in 1998 us Pats fans had to endure Victor Kiam and then James Orthwein until Kraft bought the team in 1994.

Pats fans didn't buy tickets when we knew ownership didn't give a crap. Same thing happened with the Celtics, Bruins & Red Sox over the years.

If the owners are committed to putting a quality product on the field/court/ice we will beat the doors down for tickets.

Are Jets fans better because they put up with an inferior product on the field for decades?

You make the call.

Do you have any facts to back up that claim?

The Pats played in the worst Stadium in the NFL for many years and after Billy Sullivan sold the team in 1998 us Pats fans had to endure Victor Kiam and then James Orthwein until Kraft bought the team in 1994.

Pats fans didn't buy tickets when we knew ownership didn't give a crap. Same thing happened with the Celtics, Bruins & Red Sox over the years.

If the owners are committed to putting a quality product on the field/court/ice we will beat the doors down for tickets.

Are Jets fans better because they put up with an inferior product on the field for decades?

You make the call.

So craft bought the team 4 years before he bought it. Not even you can get the timeline right because at the time you were a redsock fan.

So craft bought the team 4 years before he bought it. Not even you can get the timeline right because at the time you were a redsock fan.

I made an error so shoot me. Sullivan sold the team in 1988

Why are you a prick?

HELLOOOO

Yoou gooo to eeeat aaat the gaaame. You dont just go to watch the game. Jeez.

hope u r kiddin..if not it might be the dumbest post ever..

U go to eat at tailgate BEFORE the game, then go see thre frickin GAME!!!

Pats fans, is this the typical Pats fan? If so, this thread and inquiry is OVER!!!! :rl:

hope u r kiddin..if not it might be the dumbest post ever..

U go to eat at tailgate BEFORE the game, then go see thre frickin GAME!!!

Pats fans, is this the typical Pats fan? If so, this thread and inquiry is OVER!!!! :rl:

I don't think PR37 even lives in New England so I doubt he has been to a home game. 99% of Pats fans are in their seats before kickoff.

I can't recall the last time I ate anything inside the Stadium. Is that what tailgating is for?

Both fanbases have had to deal with watching decades of bad football, bad management and bad coaching, so I'm calling a three-way tie between Jets fans, Pats fans, and Chiefs fans because all three groups have always stuck by their teams, even in the leanest of times. Yes, the Pats have found a successful formula recently, but I can remember when they were a hideous, comical franchise, just like the Jets, and those fans were still out there in the snow. Gotta give them (especially the old-timers) the proper respect.

Both fanbases have had to deal with watching decades of bad football, bad management and bad coaching, so I'm calling a three-way tie between Jets fans, Pats fans, and Chiefs fans because all three groups have always stuck by their teams, even in the leanest of times. Yes, the Pats have found a successful formula recently, but I can remember when they were a hideous, comical franchise, just like the Jets, and those fans were still out there in the snow. Gotta give them (especially the old-timers) the proper respect.

Well said but I will disagree with you on Chiefs fans. There are only two pro teams in KC and I'm not even sure if the Royals count as a team (KC fans abandoned them years ago).

Chiefs fans used to fill Arrowhead but over the last couple of seasons they haven't been showing up.

Well said but I will disagree with you on Chiefs fans. There are only two pro teams in KC and I'm not even sure if the Royals count as a team (KC fans abandoned them years ago).

After the strike. They still havent gone back.

Chiefs fans used to fill Arrowhead but over the last couple of seasons they haven't been showing up.

Even when there were sell outs you could always get tickets at face or less. Not nose bleed either.

So you live in Missouri or Kansas?

He lives in KS close to the border.

KC supports their teams even though they have largely been crap.

Even the Royals get 17K every night and are close to sell outs when the Skanks, Sox, Cards or other draws are there.

+1 followed by cowboy fans, I HATE COWBOY FANS!!!

Wait a minute......are we talking ass clowns?

Or fan bases that do not support their team even if they are good?

KC supports their teams even though they have largely been crap.

The only NFL team that won more games in the 90's were the SF 49ers. IIRC, the Chiefs won 100 games in that decade.

Even the Royals get 17K every night and are close to sell outs when the Skanks, Sox, Cards or other draws are there.

$11.00 a peice seats. They are almost giving tickets away to get people there.

Weekday Play Pack

The Weekday Play Pack ticket package, courtesy of Bob Evans, includes four Field Plaza tickets (normally priced at $26 each) for only $44. Each ticket in the package includes $5 of loaded value that may be used for merchandise and concessions. In addition, each ticket provides unlimited free games and attractions in the new Outfield Experience (good for that day only). The package is available for all Monday-Thursday games, excluding September 21-24. In all, the package is valued at more than $150. Additional Weekday Play Pack tickets may be purchased for just $11 and include a game ticket, $5 in loaded value and free unlimited games in the Outfield Experience. Fans can purchase a Weekday Play Pack online at royals.com/playpack, by phone at 1-800-6ROYALS, at metro area Hy-Vee stores and at the Kauffman Stadium ticket windows.

http://www.infozine.com/news/stories/op/storiesView/sid/35974/

The only NFL team that won more games in the 80's were the SF 49ers. IIRC, the Chiefs won 100 games in that decade.

$11.00 a peice seats. They are almost giving tickets away to get people there.

Weekday Play Pack

The Weekday Play Pack ticket package, courtesy of Bob Evans, includes four Field Plaza tickets (normally priced at $26 each) for only $44. Each ticket in the package includes $5 of loaded value that may be used for merchandise and concessions. In addition, each ticket provides unlimited free games and attractions in the new Outfield Experience (good for that day only). The package is available for all Monday-Thursday games, excluding September 21-24. In all, the package is valued at more than $150. Additional Weekday Play Pack tickets may be purchased for just $11 and include a game ticket, $5 in loaded value and free unlimited games in the Outfield Experience. Fans can purchase a Weekday Play Pack online at royals.com/playpack, by phone at 1-800-6ROYALS, at metro area Hy-Vee stores and at the Kauffman Stadium ticket windows.

http://www.infozine.com/news/stories/op/storiesView/sid/35974/

As far as the Chiefs go, over the last decade, the team has not been as good as it was in the early 90s. There have been more 6, 7 and 8 win teams culminating in the 2 and 4 win teams of the last two years. Lamar Hunt allowed King Carl to run the team into the ground as long as they pocketed the 30 million a season and have not wona playoff game sine 1993. That fans continued to follow the team religously despite no reward in the heart of Big 12 country is a testament to them.

As for the Royals, "It is what it is."

The economic system does not allow the Royals to charge what the Sox do. That is the double edged sword small market teams face. To receive the revenue sharing check or not to receive, that is the question.

Do they accept it? The team is almost assuring themselves of non-relevancy because they cannot be a top or even mid-tier revenue generating club. However, they do have a steady stream of money and maybe once in awhile can piece together enough pieces to have an 83-79 record.

Or do they turn it down? The team is assuring themselves they need to be perfect in everything. Perfect in scouting and player development. Perfect in marketing. If they are not, the team is most assured to be bad without the revenue to 'assume' a contract from a willing trade partner.

IMHO the Royals have a loyal fan base. They went to the game with bad teams and watching young stars leave (Damon, Dye and Beltran). They went to game in a stadium with no ammentities. They went to the game on the far side of town with largely one way in to 80% of the city. To still pull 15K+ plus a night is good.

Archived