Best fans? Jets or Pats?

SouthernJet

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is a tough call.

Without question Red Sox fans (which I am not) are the best in MLB. And, there are die hard Patriot fans like myself, but for a dark spell during the Dick McPHerson era, even I could not bear to watch the train wreck week in and week out. Dick M made Herm Edwards look like Bill Walsh.

And, theres no doubt that theres a bunch of NEP band wagoners on board today.

Regarding the Jets, I have 2 die hard born and bred NY Giants buddies. 1 is my old next door neighbor in Mass and the other here in KS moved from Jersey.They both tell me that when Parcells came to HC the NYJ in 1997 Jets fans started coming out of the woodwork.

I think both fan bases will put up and support their club when the front office/Ownership at least makes the honest effort to compete and put a decent product on the field. But, would turn their backs if ever the level of incompetence reached 2008 Detroit Lions proportions.

I would miss the Italian Sauages with peppers and onions dearly, but likely wouldnt go to the games.

It really is a tough call.

Without question Red Sox fans (which I am not) are the best in MLB. And, there are die hard Patriot fans like myself, but for a dark spell during the Dick McPHerson era, even I could not bear to watch the train wreck week in and week out. Dick M made Herm Edwards look like Bill Walsh.

And, theres no doubt that theres a bunch of NEP band wagoners on board today.

Regarding the Jets, I have 2 die hard born and bred NY Giants buddies. 1 is my old next door neighbor in Mass and the other here in KS moved from Jersey.They both tell me that when Parcells came to HC the NYJ in 1997 Jets fans started coming out of the woodwork.

I think both fan bases will put up and support their club when the front office/Ownership at least makes the honest effort to compete and put a decent product on the field. But, would turn their backs if ever the level of incompetence reached 2008 Detroit Lions proportions.

I would miss the Italian Sauages with peppers and onions dearly, but likely wouldnt go to the games.

Is this some kind of sick joke? :)

i'm talking about millions of fans who wouldn't even know where is Texas if you showed them the United State map and yet they are cowboy fans. :face:

I know. I grew up with a pure blood French Canadian Cowboy fan in my NH neighborhood. :rolleyes:

Well, there you go, I think that's enough factual evidence right there to settle this once and for all. I can just see that type of point being put into play in actual real-life situations.

"Dude, I'm telling you, Jets fans are as loyal as it gets."

"I dunno man, this guy that posts on the internet from Boston has two neighbors that are Giants fans, and HE says that THEY said that Jets fans became bandwagoners once Parcells got hired."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"And these neighbors are Giants fans you say?"

"That's what he's claiming."

"Wow. Diabolical."

"I know, there's no rebuttal whatsoever to that one."

"Well Jets fans clearly suck."

"Clearly. Thank God we got that one settled, that convo could have gone on forever."

"Can we go to the strip club now?"

"Let's go. Shotty not driving."

End scene.

Do you have any facts to back up that claim?

The Pats played in the worst Stadium in the NFL for many years and after Billy Sullivan sold the team in 1998 us Pats fans had to endure Victor Kiam and then James Orthwein until Kraft bought the team in 1994.

Pats fans didn't buy tickets when we knew ownership didn't give a crap. Same thing happened with the Celtics, Bruins & Red Sox over the years.

If the owners are committed to putting a quality product on the field/court/ice we will beat the doors down for tickets.

Are Jets fans better because they put up with an inferior product on the field for decades?

You make the call.

You guys couldn't draw flies pre-Parcells. Amazingly thata wful facility(I agree w/ you) was filled when you started winning.

You guys have never had to endure what we have had to endure and the Stadiums we have played in have been sold out every game since the late 70s.

yes, fans that stick w/ their teams are generally better fans.

+1

Followed closely by Atlanta fans.

Miami and Atlanta are terrible sports towns, Atlanta isa good college town but in Miami they basically just back the dolphins and even the dolphins haven't sold out playoff games.

The only NFL team that won more games in the 90's were the SF 49ers. IIRC, the Chiefs won 100 games in that decade.

Yeah but the Chiefs have won exactly 3 playoff games since they won SB IV.

aroid.jpg

I love how Sox fans throw that out when your 2 big hitters were obviously using PEDs.

You guys couldn't draw flies pre-Parcells. Amazingly thata wful facility(I agree w/ you) was filled when you started winning.

You guys have never had to endure what we have had to endure and the Stadiums we have played in have been sold out every game since the late 70s.

Wrong. The Patriots always drew fans. And it was done outside Boston in a joke of a stadium. Of course, it was not at the level they draw now, but fans went to the games.

I love how Sox fans throw that out when your 2 big hitters were obviously using PEDs.

Well....Ortiz and Ramirez were not busted for or had a grand jury subpoena while playing for the Sox. Just sayin'.

Rodney Harrison blows.

And I raise you a Gimab-ROID.

For a guy who claims to not be a Red Sux fan, you certainly are a tremendous douchebag.

Oh, he is a Skank fan.

Wrong. The Patriots always drew fans. And it was done outside Boston in a joke of a stadium. Of course, it was not at the level they draw now, but fans went to the games.

Well....Ortiz and Ramirez were not busted for or had a grand jury subpoena while playing for the Sox. Just sayin'.

And I raise you a Gimab-ROID.

Oh, he is a Skank fan.

When Kraft bought the team the Pats had the lowest attendance in the NFL.

"From 1988 through 1990, the New England Patriots were mired in a

seventeen consecutive home game blackout streak. In fact, the Patriots played

in front of the four smallest home crowds in the entire NFL, during the 1990

season."

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS136252+06-Aug-2008+PRN20080806

You can use the Stadium excuse but we play outside of NYC and in another teams Stadium.

ARod, Giambi and Sheff weren't busted as yankees either. Pettitte was caught post dynasty in 2002. Oh and we never won a WS w/ Giambi. Your 2 titles were in large part thanks to Manny and Grape Ape.

Here's my two cents:

Generally speaking, Pats fans are more into the game.

Jets fans are more into the tailgating.

At least that has been my experience.

Jets fans give good party though. I'll give you that.

Here's my two cents:

The one game I was at in Foxboro tells me a different story. It was pre-dynasty in 2000 but the fans didn't care about the game for a second- at least in my section and I had good seats. They wanted to chant how the jets sucked, Giants sucked, yankees & mets sucked,... There wasn't one point the crowd truly seemd to care what went on. The Jets crushed the Pats that day but it was close early on. This was an early season game as well, it wasn't a meaningless December game where the team was out of it.

The one game I was at in Foxboro tells me a different story. It was pre-dynasty in 2000 but the fans didn't care about the game for a second- at least in my section and I had good seats. They wanted to chant how the jets sucked, Giants sucked, yankees & mets sucked,... There wasn't one point the crowd truly seemd to care what went on. The Jets crushed the Pats that day but it was close early on. This was an early season game as well, it wasn't a meaningless December game where the team was out of it.

Well, goody for you and your one experience that could or could not be true. I've been to both stadiums, multiple times - since the late 90's??? (my first trip to the meadowlands was '98 and I've been attending games in foxboro for a very, very long time) and I disagree with your assessment whole-heartedly.

Here's my two cents:

Give the Jets fans the Patriots recent success, and I guarantee you every ass will be in their seats watching the Jets dominate.

Give the Jets fans the Patriots recent success, and I guarantee you every ass will be in their seats watching the Jets dominate.

...there will be even more partying and more delays in getting inside for kick-off. I'd bet whatever is left in my 401k on this.

Well, goody for you and your one experience that could or could not be true. I've been to both stadiums, multiple times - since the late 90's??? (my first trip to the meadowlands was '98 and I've been attending games in foxboro for a very, very long time) and I disagree with your assessment whole-heartedly.

I've been to every home game since 1990 and I disagree w/ your assessment.

I am just telling you what happened at that game in 2000, I'm sure things are different since you started winning and people began to care about the Pats again but that game that is what happened.

Archived