Anyone else hate their father?

PS17

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as my mother died when I was 7 and my father was not only to maintain a strong business but also make enough time to be the dad/mom of the household, nope, I don't think I hate him at all. To me there is no greater man.

But what happened PS17?

You really don't even need to know. He is a total jerkoff who doesn't know how to communicate without excessive whining/yelling/putting people down.

Maybe your dad and Vinny's dad should get together. Talk about REAL good times!

My father was a heroin addict who used to take me along when I was 3-4 to score drugs. My step father was an abusive crack head who would sell what little stuff I had as a kid for drugs. I was homeless for a while as a kid and lived in the projects at other times.

While I have no love for my father or step-father hate only brings you down. Just have to rise above and do the best you can for yourself and be the best person you can be for yourself. You also always have to know that there are millions of people who have it worse than you.

Thats the thing. He was my best friend for the first 12 years of my life, and he is a complete d-bag to me now.

Well, then cherish the good times.

I wish mine would just die already, he still calls me from time to time from the shelter asking for money...

Trust me, it won't take long for it to turn back the other way. There is a very good reason he is acting that way right now.

No good reason, it's who he is. He treated my 23 year old bro like this his whole childhood, and my mother for their 25 year+ marriage. Now he is treating me like that. What good reason?

No good reason, it's who he is. He treated my 23 year old bro like this his whole childhood, and my mother for their 25 year+ marriage. Now he is treating me like that. What good reason?

because he hates you.

you and the rest of your family ruined his life.

Someday you'll feel the same contempt for your wife and children.

:face:

Hey... Im just f#cking with ya. Yeah it sucks when our parents are ass hats. My dad and I had many rough patches through the years. It got so bad I had to move 4 hours away just so we wouldnt kill each other.

Sports is what always kept us close.

Keep your chin up. Now there isnt much you can do. It sucks. But at least you have the 'Nation to keep you smiling.

And to think you're day got off to a great start with no school, a big titted tennis player and an afternoon yankee victory.

Keep your head up. My old man beat me an my sister Janice, and made my mom nuts. But I survived.

I think your mom was a lot worse than your dad. Stupid Livia was the reason you were depressed so much.

I'm in a very good mood right now. But **** like this pisses me off. I'll do anything to get my father back but I can't. People don't understand the ****ing feelings I get through my head. Everyone has to go sometime. Cherish the moments you have with your family as much as possible.

Meh. My father and I don't really get along well but I can understand why that's so...he works almost all the time during the week and just vents and everything out of frustration. He's the project manager/supervisor or what not down at what he's doing now in the city so he has to take all the blame for his crew of a few hundred. Not good, especially when the papers pick it up.

It must be frustrating doing all that just to pay the bills and what not--I'd consider it some sort of Willy Loman syndrome. I appreciate what he does though. He can get REALLY mad if you get mad first, but is calm, and actually funny, when drunk. I used to dislike him a lot more when I was younger but I've mellowed down and can put myself in his place.

It helps to know there are always people worse off than you.

Wow, I feel bad for you guys that had/have bad relationships with your fathers. My father had an eight grade education and is the wisest person I have ever known. He is still my best friend and I don't know where I would be without his advise and just trying to be like him. Hopefully you guys have others that you can depend on to fill that void.

I hate my father for 2 reasons, Jets and the Mets.

Other than that, my dad is the coolest mother F'er on the palent.

Sorry to hear about the bad relationships and deaths. I cant imagine.

Is it too late for some of you to mend your issues?

I thought my childhood was tough, then I talked to my friends Kevin and Tim. Kevin's dad was an ironworker who fell a few dozen stories to his death, leaving behind 8 kids in Hoboken in the 70's.

Tim's dad was a Nam vet who refused to buy a refrigerator, threw a Christmas tree through a window one year and threatened to kill his sons with a loaded pistol on several occassions.

Let's all make a list of all our problems, put them in a hat, pull them out at random, and I'll guarantee we will all want our own problems back.

Archived