Are you for a TJ trade?

TNJet

I honestly wouldnt miss the guy. He's expendable and very replaceable with our oline. So whats your thoughts? I would pull a TJ for a 2nd rnd pick immediately,or even TJ for a decent young wr. Jones is my least favorite jet,and his contract dispute of late just sealed the deal for me. Greene will pound for pound be a better all round back by his sophomore year.

oh, sure he only lead the AFC in rushing...no one's bone headed enough to give us something...:rolleyes:

No. He's 31 years old. He will be cut after this year.

Unless someone out there thinks TJ absolutely, unquestionably will put them over the top to win the Super Bowl THIS YEAR, no one is giving up jack**** for him.

Unless someone out there thinks TJ absolutely, unquestionably will put them over the top to win the Super Bowl THIS YEAR, no one is giving up jack**** for him.

I'd say Mangini would pull the trigger on a stupid deal to help us out, you? :D

I honestly wouldnt miss the guy. He's expendable and very replaceable with our oline. So whats your thoughts? I would pull a TJ for a 2nd rnd pick immediately,or even TJ for a decent young wr. Jones is my least favorite jet,and his contract dispute of late just sealed the deal for me. Greene will pound for pound be a better all round back by his sophomore year.

You might want to change the title to something more accurate. Like "If TJ was traded how would that make you feel?"

Eagles?? Westbrook is up there in age, and has knee issues.

I made this thread title regarding the topic on this site today: Jones,Sanchez,Ryan article...it mentions a Jones trade,explaining why i worded this as i did. Just thought i'd clear that up since 98 posters had made remarks about it. :rolleyes:

Man jets fans are hard on people. :D

do you mean "man" jets fans as in male jets fans, or is it "Man, Jets fans are hard on people" or are you saying that Jets fans, in general, are "hard-on" people. What is a hard-on person?

I think this post could have been worded differently as to avoid confusion

You're dreaming if you think we're getting a second rounder. That being said I would NOT want to trade TJ. He's a beast. ::GoJets:

You're dreaming if you think we're getting a second rounder. That being said I would NOT want to trade TJ. He's a beast. ::GoJets:

I'm with you on not trading TJ. Our O has lost it's starting QB, #1 WR, and true TE, while adding to our D. Why would we then dump the AFC's leading rusher to boot.

That being said, In your sig, Ed Vestiers states "summiting is optional, getting down is mandatory" Is this a double entendre? By "summiting" is he saying "reaching the Climax" and by "getting down" does he mean, um, getting down? If so, very witty, if not, I think he could have worded it better as to avoid confusion.

I'm with you on not trading TJ. Our O has lost it's starting QB, #1 WR, and true TE, while adding to our D. Why would we then dump the AFC's leading rusher to boot.

That being said, In your sig, Ed Vestiers states "summiting is optional, getting down is mandatory" Is this a double entendre? By "summiting" is he saying "reaching the Climax" and by "getting down" does he mean, um, getting down? If so, very witty, if not, I think he could have worded it better as to avoid confusion.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug - Rick James.

I'm sick of this ****. All I hear is Thomas Jones sucks, and he's not good enough for this team. We don't know wheather Leon can carry the ball 20 times or not and we don't know about Greene.

What we do know is Thomas Jones is capable of leading the AFC in rushing. He can play. I don't care what anyone says. He's a warrior on and off the field. Please stop with this BS. Everyone always has to be unhappy with something. It's getting really old.

For the record, Ed Viesturs is Americas top mountain climber. I'm pretty sure Ed was talking about climbing when he mentioned "summiting" but I'll be sure to check with Ed when we get together later this summer.

no

you need a quality stable of RB's. Our only prayer on offense this year is to pound the rock and use playaction to get the ball downfield

if the safeties can sit back, we will have no passing game at all

If we were going to trade Jones we would've done it either before the draft or on draft day, not in the middle of June. There is also no reason to cut him. Having 3 Running Backs when we are going to be a team that runs the ball 70-80% of the time is a good thing. Notice teams like Baltimore, Giants, etc the last few years succeeding with 3 backs? Thats the newest NFL trend.

I would prefer a team that had Plaxico and TJ on it.

Thomas Jones is a probowl caliber running back that is looking at a $900K salary. Players like that do not grow on trees.

However, If we cannot sign a legitmate WR in Burress...I think we would be a better team with Braylon Edwards or Anquan Boldin (minus a 2nd round pick and Thomas Jones) than we would with TJ and our current WR corps.

It is nice to have the stable of RBs we currently have and especially at the price we are paying... but it would be nicer to have a WR1 that scares opposing coordinators if all we had to forfeit was a draft pick and our oldest RB.

Archived