MARCH TO GREATNESS

Borgoguy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would never dream of lessening this momentous occasion with such trivialry But, what about the ****ing buffet?

Asian girls, robes, whine, jewels and of course the embodiment of all that is eclectic and wondrous about the interwebs, Boroguy. But what about the food? Will this be like international fair, country potluck style, ballpark food, tailgate food, chinese food, Italian food, Tai food, beach food, wedding food, funeral food, or any other wondrous calorie laden fair.

Other than that ,,, best of luck.

Crusher, I don't want to make my upcoming colossal achievement about me. Though, I cannot fathom how one could not upon reflection on the scope of the effort with which I have embarked. This is why I started this threading: To work out the "bugs", so to speak, before the 10K milestone--and inherent heralding of the event--approaches and the appropriate planning has not been undertaken. You know that I am a French trained chef. The thought of anything other than spectacular culinary offerings for the gala is so unthinkable that it borders on heresy, or farce at the least. Off the top of my head, I would think teams of chefs from my favored three gustatory zones--France, Italy, Thailand--would be flown in with all accompanying local produce, cured meats, condiments, etc. I envision a totally authentic dining experience for the revelers, such as you I am assuming, based entirely on the terroir concept of food interpretation.

As a backup plan, it might be a "hoot" to develop a theme around my most special honoring, tentaively named as BorgoDay '09. Maybe we could have chef teams recreate the menus served on the Titanic for the first class passengers. Of course, the dishes would need to be updated in order to appeal to, and reflect, the modern palate. Below is a sample menu from that doomed voyage. Please contact me at your earliest opportuity--or the soon-to-be-named BorgoDay event coordinator--with your thoughts and changes.

First Class Breakfast Menu

R.M.S. "TITANIC" April 11, 1912

Baked Apples

Fresh Fruit

Stewed Prunes

Quaker Oats

Boiled Hominy

Puffed Rice

Fresh Herings

Eindon Haddock

Smoked Salmon

Grilled Mutton Kidneys & Bacon

Grilled Ham

Grilled Sausage

Lamb Collops

Vegetable Stew

Fried, Shirred, Poached & Boiled Eggs

Plain & Tomato Omelettes to Order

Sirlon Steak & Mutton Chops to Order

Mashed, Saute & Jacket Potatoes

Cold Meat

Vienna & Graham Rolls

Soda & Sultana Scones

Corn Bread

Buckwheat Cakes

Black Currant Conserve

Narbonne Honey

Oxford Marmelade

Watercress

First Class Luncheon Menu

R.M.S. "TITANIC" April 14, 1912

LUNCHEON

Consomme Fermier

****ie Leekie

Fillets of Brill

Egg a L'Argenteuil

Chicken a la Maryland

Corned Beef

Vegetables

Dumplings

FROM THE GRILL

Grilled Mutton Chops

Mashed, Fried & Baked Jacket Potatoes

Custard Pudding

Apple Merinque

Pastry

BUFFET

Salmon Mayonnaise

Potted Shrimps

Norwegian Anchovies

Soused Herrings

Plain & Smoked Sardines

Roast Beef

Round or Spiced Beef

Veal & Ham Pie

Virginia & Cumberland Ham

Bologna Sausage

Brawn

Galantine of Chicken

Corned Ox Tounge

Lettuce

Beetroot

Tomatoes

CHEESE

Cheshire

Stilton

Gorgonzola

Edam

Camembert

Roquefort

St. Ivel

Cheddar

-Iced draught Munich Lager 3d. & 6d. a Tankard.-

First Class Dinner Menu

Hors D'Oeuvre Varies

Oysters

Consomme Olga

Cream of Barley

Salmon

Mousseline Sauce

Cucumber

Filet Mignons Lili

Saute of Chicken

Lyonnaise

Vegetable Marrow Farcie

Lamb Mint Sauce

Roast Duckling

Apple Sauce

Sirlon of Beef

Chateau Potaoes

Green Peas

Creamed Carrots

Boiled Rice

Parmentier & Boiled New Potatoes

Punch Romaine

Roast Squab & Cress

Cold Asparagus Vinagrette

Pate du Foie Gras

Celery

Waldorf Pudding

Peaches in Chartreuse Jelly

Chocolate & Vanilla Eclairs

French Ice Cream

You didn't hear this from me, but Max plans to ban you just before you reach the milestone. Sshhhh!

As if this juggernaut could be vanquished. BTW, you do realize that "Max" is actually an acronym? It stands for Manly Association of Xerarchs, or individuals possessing of testosterone who have the innate ability--if not genetic predisposition--to survive in even the driest of climes. See, when JetNation was created by a disgruntled group of banned JetsInsider posters--and financially backed by a consortium led by the St. Louis-based Monsanto Corporation--they wanted to proclaim to the message board "world" that they would survive (even thrive) no matter how inhospitable, and creatively parched, the host internet environment. Hence, the use of the word Xenarchs, which means having the ability to grow even in arid conditions. The person who posts as "Max" is really a scholarship student at the Iowa Writers' Workshop in its two-year residency program.

Can a mod PLEEEEEASSSSEEEE suspend his account or reset his post count at 9.999?

How awesome would that be?

Someone's really bitter about not getting a free ticket....

Actually I remember how mods changed somebody's post count to almost a million posts a couple of years ago, might have been DWC or someone.

Crusher, I don't want to make my upcoming colossal achievement about me. Though, I cannot fathom how one could not upon reflection on the scope of the effort with which I have embarked. This is why I started this threading: To work out the "bugs", so to speak, before the 10K milestone--and inherent heralding of the event--approaches and the appropriate planning has not been undertaken. You know that I am a French trained chef. The thought of anything other than spectacular culinary offerings for the gala is so unthinkable that it borders on heresy, or farce at the least. Off the top of my head, I would think teams of chefs from my favored three gustatory zones--France, Italy, Thailand--would be flown in with all accompanying local produce, cured meats, condiments, etc. I envision a totally authentic dining experience for the revelers, such as you I am assuming, based entirely on the terroir concept of food interpretation.

As a backup plan, it might be a "hoot" to develop a theme around my most special honoring, tentaively named as BorgoDay '09. Maybe we could have chef teams recreate the menus served on the Titanic for the first class passengers. Of course, the dishes would need to be updated in order to appeal to, and reflect, the modern palate. Below is a sample menu from that doomed voyage. Please contact me at your earliest opportuity--or the soon-to-be-named BorgoDay event coordinator--with your thoughts and changes.

First Class Breakfast Menu

R.M.S. "TITANIC" April 11, 1912

Baked Apples

Fresh Fruit

Stewed Prunes

Quaker Oats

Boiled Hominy

Puffed Rice

Fresh Herings

Eindon Haddock

Smoked Salmon

Grilled Mutton Kidneys & Bacon

Grilled Ham

Grilled Sausage(Italian, I could donate mine for Gagoots to get enough to eat)

Lamb Collops

Vegetable Stew

Fried, Shirred, Poached & Boiled Eggs

Plain & Tomato Omelettes to Order

Sirlon Steak & Mutton Chops to Order

Mashed, Saute & Jacket Potatoes

Cold Meat

Vienna & Graham Rolls

Soda & Sultana Scones

Corn Bread

Buckwheat Cakes

Black Currant Conserve

Narbonne Honey

Oxford Marmelade

Watercress

First Class Luncheon Menu

LUNCHEON

Consomme Fermier

****ie Leekie

Fillets of Brill

Egg a L'Argenteuil

Chicken a la Maryland

Corned Beef

Vegetables

Dumplings

FROM THE GRILL

Grilled Mutton Chops

Mashed, Fried & Baked Jacket Potatoes

Custard Pudding

Apple Merinque

Pastry

BUFFET (sexiest word in the Dictionary)

Salmon Mayonnaise

Potted Shrimps

Norwegian Anchovies

Soused Herrings

Plain & Smoked Sardines

Roast Beef

Round or Spiced Beef

Veal & Ham Pie

Virginia & Cumberland Ham

Bologna Sausage

Brawn

Galantine of Chicken

Corned Ox Tounge(for the ladies)

Lettuce

Beetroot

Tomatoes

CHEESE

Cheshire

Stilton

Gorgonzola

Edam

Camembert

Roquefort

St. Ivel

Cheddar

-Iced draught Munich Lager 3d. & 6d. a Tankard.-

First Class Dinner Menu

Hors D'Oeuvre Varies

Oysters

Consomme Olga

Cream of Barley

Salmon

Mousseline Sauce

Cucumber

Filet Mignons Lili

Saute of Chicken

Lyonnaise

Vegetable Marrow Farcie

Lamb Mint Sauce

Roast Duckling

Apple Sauce

Sirlon of Beef

Chateau Potaoes

Green Peas

Creamed Carrots

Boiled Rice

Parmentier & Boiled New Potatoes

Punch Romaine

Roast Squab & Cress

Cold Asparagus Vinagrette

Pate du Foie Gras

Celery

Waldorf Pudding

Peaches in Chartreuse Jelly

Chocolate & Vanilla Eclairs

French Ice Cream

Borgo I appreciate you including me and my specialty in this epic event. I highlighted the items that should remain and be part of the courses. I left out some due to antiquity, grossness, or just plain old unsavory-ness. A couple i didn't know so I deleted those too, truth is if The Crusher hasn't eaten them yet, then they just ate worth eating.

Other than that I think it's an excellent start and would contribute on any level you would like.

On behalf of all fatmn thank you for you atttention to this matter.

Signed

The Crusher

Borgo I appreciate you including me and my specialty in this epic event. I highlighted the items that should remain and be part of the courses. I left out some due to antiquity, grossness, or just plain old unsavory-ness. A couple i didn't know so I deleted those too, truth is if The Crusher hasn't eaten them yet, then they just ate worth eating.

Other than that I think it's an excellent start and would contribute on any level you would like.

On behalf of all fatmn thank you for you atttention to this matter.

Signed

The Crusher

Many thanks for your thoughtful response, Crush. As you state, this should be a fair starting point, but--by no means--the final product. At the very least, we (read event organizers) should be entertaining the notion of at least 10-20 carving stations showcasing a plethora of assorted meats, and inherent variations in preparation, from a variety of NATO and SEATO-based nations. We might wish to dub it a "Global Meat Jamboree In Celebration of BorgoDay". But I digress into the minuitae of the event. Remember, this is not about me, but a rare opportunity to tip the cap to greatness.

I'll bring the Sabretts!

You are correct that we should include some pedestrian fare to appease the louts among us, and for the kitchen, service, and janitorial help. Might I request that you plan on bringing onions slow simmered in tomato sauce as an accompaniment for the wieners. Why not stop by Skippy's Hot Dog Wagon on Staten Island and ask for a recipe? Tell them I sent you.

Many thanks for your thoughtful response, Crush. As you state, this should be a fair starting point, but--by no means--the final product. At the very least, we (read event organizers) should be entertaining the notion of at least 10-20 carving stations showcasing a plethora of assorted meats, and inherent variations in preparation, from a variety of NATO and SEATO-based nations. We might wish to dub it a "Global Meat Jamboree In Celebration of BorgoDay". But I digress into the minuitae of the event. Remember, this is not about me, but a rare opportunity to tip the cap to greatness.

All the meat in the world wont stop me from christening the "Royal Asian Cruise"

I was thinkin 'bout gettin ya a bag of skittles

You know, you're right, Mike. We should begin giving careful consideration to the dessert and cheese courses, as well as appropriate vintages for the ice wines, Champagne and port to serve along side. Now you've opened up a virtual Pandora's Box of additional details which we must address. God, what about the cigars? Do we know anyone heading to Cuba in the near future? I will not have this gala event debased by serving domestic stogies.

All the meat in the world wont stop me from christening the "Royal Asian Cruise"

Speaking of which: I just "interviewed" these two young women. Having extensive backgrounds, and degrees, in fine art, they are perfect choices for creating the many ice carvings, in my likeness, which will act as centerpieces for the numerous tables and the dais.

34688506.jpg

Speaking of which: I just "interviewed" these two young women. Having extensive backgrounds, and degrees, in fine art, they are perfect choices for creating the many ice carvings, in my likeness, which will act as centerpieces for the numerous tables and the dais.

34688506.jpg

...and after they carve out your likeness in ice, I will carve out my likeness in them

I'm RVSP'ing my arrival with my dates

Jarah Mariano

49a671bb8de6f.jpg

and

Im Ji Hye

im-ji-hye-2.jpg

...is that ok?

Of course. What an inspired tandem, PB. Im Ji Hye is a goddess of the highest order. Though the choice of watch is much to be desired. Nothing final, but I've put out feelers to these two about serving as towel attendants for my pre-gala bathing rituals. Though I trust they will "bone up" on their scrubbing technique. In the era of Brazilian waxing, does anyone even remember the "black brush treatment"?

Reon Kadena (first photo) and Koisaya (second):

reonkadena2gi0.jpg

download.jpg

Of course. What an inspired tandem, PB. Im Ji Hye is a goddess of the highest order. Though the choice of watch is much to be desired. Nothing final, but I've put out feelers to these two about serving as towel attendants for my pre-gala bathing rituals. Though I trust they will "bone up" on their scrubbing technique. In the era of Brazilian waxing, does anyone even remember the "black brush treatment"?

Reon Kadena (first photo) and Koisaya (second):

reonkadena2gi0.jpg

download.jpg

interesting choices.

• 2 weeks later...

This is just an update on my upcoming impressive achievement. A short time ago, I crossed the 9,500 post milestone. As of today, Jetnation management, and the event coordinators, have not briefed me on the proceedings and schedule for BorgoDay. Let's hope they don't drop the ball.

This is just an update on my upcoming impressive achievement. A short time ago, I crossed the 9,500 post milestone. As of today, Jetnation management, and the event coordinators, have not briefed me on the proceedings and schedule for BorgoDay. Let's hope they don't drop the ball.

as long as I have a place in the grass I'll be there.

Prepare to be disappointed.. They drop balls all the time. lol

Archived