New York Yankees @ Boston Redsox [Fenway Park] Game Thread

Vudu

Hot Yanks venture into enemy territory for 3 against the rival BoSox.

New York Yankees VS. Boston Redsox

100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png100px-RedSoxPrimary_HangingSocks.svg.png

Tuesday

4153.jpgVS. 4242.jpg

Burnett (4-2, 4.69) Beckett (6-2, 4.09)

Wednesday

6209.jpgVS.2748.jpg

Wang (0-3, 14.46) Wakefield ( 7-3, 4.50)

Thursday

4553.jpgVS. 4115.jpg

Sabathia (5-3, 3.56) Penny (5-2, 5.85)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think we may have gotten lucky in these match-ups.

If Wang still has some growing pains to go through I like the chances of the Yanks facing Wakefield, who can be hot or cold, but has given up 7, 1, 5, 6, and 3 runs in his last five starts.

I think Beckett is getting hot, giving up 3 runs in his last four starts..wow...

I think the only given is the CC game against Penny.....but I like the Yankees chance against Wake as well

Game 3, obviously is in the Yankees advantage, and like I said that rain out was an amazing thing for CMW. Burnett is usually known as a Red Sox killer, especially in Fenway, and Beckett hasn't been so good against the Yanks this year so far. Yankees need to at least take 2 out of 3, no excuses.

Pitching match-ups are pretty much a wash, except for the third game where the Yanks have a pretty big advantage (no that's not a fat joke).

JD Drew and Jacoby Ellsbury are both banged up, so it'll be interesting to see if either of them get in the lineup.

It's going to come down to the bullpens I think, and the Sox have an advantage there.

Sox take 2 of 3 and even up the standings.

Pitching match-ups are pretty much a wash, except for the third game where the Yanks have a pretty big advantage (no that's not a fat joke).

JD Drew and Jacoby Ellsbury are both banged up, so it'll be interesting to see if either of them get in the lineup.

It's going to come down to the bullpens I think, and the Sox have an advantage there.

Sox take 2 of 3 and even up the standings.

Can they possibly take 4 of the 3 games played?

I'm going to make a couple predictions, and see how accurate I was in the outcomes. If there is even going to be a game tomorrow... lol

Game 1:

Burnett 7 IP, 2 ER

Beckett 6 IP, 3 ER

Yankees win 3-2

Game 2:

Wang 5 IP, 3 ER

Wakefield 6 IP, 2 ER

Sox win 5-3

Game 3:

Sabathia 8 IP, 1 ER

Penny 5 IP, 5 ER

Yankees win 9-1

Just started raining. I doubt they will get the game in tonight as it's meant to rain all day according to weather.com

Yeah, it's been raining here with more on the way. Our weather mostly hits you guys next.

I wasn't going to be able to see the game, anyway, because it's on that friggin' My9 channel in NYC instead of YES.

Just checked weather.com

Good news: from 7-9, the forecast is 30% chance of rain with "few showers". From 9-10, the forecast is 20% chance of rain and it will be cloudy.

So we will most likely have baseball.

I'm going to make a bold prediction: Game 2-

Red Sox-37

Yankees- 6

30 of the Sox 37 Runs will come in the first 2 innings vs Wang.

A performance like that might just lower his ERA. At least he is getting six outs.

A performance like that might just lower his ERA. At least he is getting six outs.

That's true, I guess we could consider that a "productive" outing.

Man Penny vs Sabathia is like Sumo match. I think they should just do a hot dog eating contest to determine winner and loser.

For what it's worth, here is tonight's forecast from the National Weather Service...

Tonight: Areas of drizzle and thunderstorms before 9pm, then areas of drizzle after 9pm. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 52. East wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

For what it's worth, here is tonight's forecast from the National Weather Service...

Tonight: Areas of drizzle and thunderstorms before 9pm, then areas of drizzle after 9pm. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 52. East wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

It feels like a day in early April. Cold and wet. The wind has even picked up. It is going to be cold at Fenway tonight.

It feels like a day in early April. Cold and wet. The wind has even picked up. It is going to be cold at Fenway tonight.

Everything feels 30 days behind this year. In early April, it felt like early March, in early May, it felt like early April, etc., etc.

Why can't it just be 75 & sunny every day? :mad:

Everything feels 30 days behind this year. In early April, it felt like early March, in early May, it felt like early April, etc., etc.

Why can't it just be 75 & sunny every day? :mad:

San Diego is calling.

Archived